ClubAdventist is back!

You took my place ...

Woody

From a Friend:

YOU TOOK MY PARKING SPACE AT CHURCH

This should wake us up.

One day, a man went to visit a church, He got there early, parked his car and got out. Another car pulled up near the driver got out and said, "I always park there! You took my place...!"

The visitor went inside for Sabbath School, found an empty seat and sat down. A young lady from the church approached him and stated, "That's my seat! You took my place!" The visitor was somewhat distressed by this rude welcome, but said nothing.

After Sabbath School, the visitor went into the sanctuary and sat down. Another member walked up to him and said, " That's where I always sit! You took my place!" The visitor was even more troubled by this treatment, but still He said nothing.

Later as the congregation was praying for Christ to dwell among them, the visitor stood up, and his appearance began to change. Horrible scars became visible on his hands and on his sandaled feet. Someone from the congregation noticed him and called out, "What happened to you?" The visitor replied, as his hat became a crown of thorns, and a tear fell from his eye, "I took your place.."

If we will forget ourselves, just maybe, we can get the world to start thinking of who took our place..

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

*nods* Nice :)

I was listening to a sermon on John 13... where Jesus, KNOWING that His time had come and KNOWING that Judas would betray Him, did the servant's task of washing the disciples' feet.

He took off what he was wearing (His robe), and put on the "towel," which was a long servant's garment, and using that He washed and dried those feet, transferring that dirt onto Himself. It was a symbol of His taking the sins and 2nd death punishment of the whole world onto Himself, which took place just a few hours later.

He took that servant's robe, but the robe He gives us is a clean, white robe. It is HIS robe.

Isn't that cool?

You are right, Woody. He took our place. Powerful love is that!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

That was really awesome Woody.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thanks for sharing that, Woody.

Coincidently, Gail, I was reading the DA on the footwashing, but what caught my attention was high Jesus washed Judas' feet knowing full well Judas was about to betray Him.

I am in difficult circumstances right now where these bits and pieces catch my attention--but the battle is tough.

Thank God it wasn't tough for Jesus to decide to come live and die for me!!

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

I like this very much woody,so significant and true...this also reminded us that we should treat everyone the same as we treat Jesus..no pretention.

We may never know that we are treating an Angel or Jesis Himself

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

- Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives

- Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday

Exactly Maria. Excellent thoughts.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.