ClubAdventist is back!

The Best Song according to EGW

Woody

Quote:
"The best song you can learn is to speak kindly to one another, for in heaven the business of the inhabitants is to please one another. Bring all of heaven that you can into this life. We have a living Jesus, and let us triumph in a living Saviour. He saves us with an everlasting salvation." Ellen G. White in --Ms 9, 1886. (MR 900.54)

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Very nice!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

That's an interesting quote Woody. It kind of says that we can have a piece of heaven on earth, or what do you think?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

That's an interesting quote Woody. It kind of says that we can have a piece of heaven on earth, or what do you think?

Excellent observation pk. And I agree. I think we can.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Excellent observation pk. And I agree. I think we can.

The reason I bring that up is, as long back as I can remember I've always believed that, but if I'm not mistaken someone started a thread claiming that's not possible. We could never have heaven on earth!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:
We could never have heaven on earth!

Well ... after the thousand years that's exactly where it will be. So nothing is impossible with God. :)

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Well ... after the thousand years that's exactly where it will be. So nothing is impossible with God. :)

Excellent point Woody. :)

phkrause

I believe she also meant that we could here and now have a foretaste of Heaven. To draw the family together with cords of love. Like you loving your grandchild so much. I can relate to that! Home is to be a happy place. It's sad when in far too many places that isn't so.

Wakan Tanka Kici Un

~~Child of Christ~~

"Forget about the wrong things people do to you, and do not try to get even. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. I am the Lord" Lev 19:18

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
"A new commandment I give unto you," said Christ, "that ye love one another. As I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." He who fulfils his duty to his neighbor must of necessity love God supremely; but he who has little love for those who are in darkness, who are in great need of the revelation of the love of Jesus, is marked in the courts of heaven as a defaulter. He is weighed in the balances, and found wanting." {ST, March 11, 1897 par. 13}

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators
thumbsup

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.