ClubAdventist is back!

A "Spiritual Sunday Law"

Pastor_Chick

I tell you now that you must have divine enlightenment. If you do not seek this, Satan will set up his hellish banner right in your homes, and you will be so blinded to the real nature of his deceptions that you will reverence it as the banner of Christ. (The Ellen G. White 1888 Materials, page 505)

Chick

The Essence of the Test of Loyalty

Question for consideration:

Does the rejecting of Sunday sacredness and the keeping of Saturday prove loyalty to God?

No other institution which was committed to the Jews tended so fully to distinguish them from surrounding nations as did the Sabbath. God designed that its observance should designate them as His worshipers. It was to be a token of their separation from idolatry, and their connection with the true God. But in order to keep the Sabbath holy, men must themselves be holy. (DA 283)

The Jews whom Jesus had driven from the temple claimed to be children of Abraham, but they fled from the Saviour's presence because they could not endure the glory of God which was manifested in Him. Thus they gave evidence that they were not fitted by the grace of God to participate in the sacred services of the temple. They were zealous to maintain an appearance of holiness, but they neglected holiness of heart. While they were sticklers for the letter of the law, they were constantly violating its spirit. (DA 173, 174)

Nothing but holiness will prepare you for heaven. It is sincere, experimental piety alone that can give you a pure, elevated character and enable you to enter into the presence of God, who dwelleth in light unapproachable. The heavenly character must be acquired on earth, or it can never be acquired at all. (2T 267)

It is not a conclusive evidence that a man is a Christian because he manifests spiritual ecstasy under extraordinary circumstances. Holiness is not rapture: it is an entire surrender of the will to God; it is living by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God; it is doing the will of our heavenly Father; it is trusting God in trial, in darkness as well as in the light; it is walking by faith and not by sight; it is relying on God with unquestioning confidence, and resting in His love. (AA 51)

Chick

• Members

Does the rejecting of Sunday sacredness and the keeping of Saturday prove loyalty to God?

Not sure I understand that question! and How can you reject something that has never been sacred? My Bible and all others say that God made the 7th day Sacred and Holy...

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: Pastor_Chick

Not sure I understand that question! and How can you reject something that has never been sacred? My Bible and all others say that God made the 7th day Sacred and Holy...

pk,

My thesis is about what "loyalty to God" consists of. Perhaps you missed that?

Generally, Adventists (SDA) expect a literal Sunday law in America that will test the believers and prove their allegiance (loyalty) to the law of God. Simply stated, when the believers are forced by law to observe a "Christian sabbath" instead of the "Sabbath of the LORD," they prove their loyalty by keeping the right day in obedience to God.

I have begun to build the case for refuting such a method of proving "loyalty to God" when the principles of inspired writings are rightly understood and applied.

If you desire more explanation, please post.

Chick

• 2 weeks later...

Brethren and sisters, I appeal to you as Seventh-day Adventists to be all that this name signifies. There is danger of departing from the spirit of the message, and adopting measures that will imperil the work of God. (1888 Materials 900; 1891)

The above excerpt from an address Mrs. White delivered in 1891 to leading conference workers presents a necessary warning regarding "the spirit of the message."

There is an article by E. J. Waggoner, "The Three Sabbaths," that describes the significant differences between the true Sabbath and the two other spurious sabbaths. While reading one perceives more of "the spirit of the message."

Reference: http://csda-adventistchurch.to/3sabbaths.html

Since there is a "spiritual aspect" associated with the Sabbath, is it possible, or likely, that there is a "spiritual component" to "the Sunday law?"

That "spiritual component" is what we must discover before being fitted for the grand test before us.

Chick