ClubAdventist is back!

"SDAs should worship Allah"

Woody

So then you know absolutely that everything you believe is true, and none of your beliefs have ever changed?

Good luck getting an answer SivartM. Keep at it. You are spot on.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• Woody

• Dr. Shane

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you know that you know the truth? Have you ever known that something was true and then later decided that it was not true, or have you always believed exactly what you believe now? Is there a possibility that you could be wrong now?
"Wrong now"? Does the now refer to the original topic under discussion or did you mean to apply the now to the something that you once believed to be true but later decided was not and are "now" reconsidering may not be true either? I'm not clear on the application of the now.

"The only safety for you is to search the

truth as for hid treasures. Dig for the truth as as you would for treasures in the earth, and present the Word of God, the

Bible, before your heavenly Father, and say, 'Enlighten me; teach me what is truth.' And when His Holy Spirit shall come into your hearts, to impress the truth into your souls, you will not let it go

easily. You have gained such an experience in searching

the Scriptures that every point is established. And it is important that you continually search the Scriptures." E.G. White, F.W.56,57.

"By the Spirit, He said, He would manifest Himself to them. 'The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things.' No more will you say, I cannot comprehend. No longer will you see through a glass, darkly. You shall 'be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge.' Eph.3:18,19."

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

• Moderators

So then you know absolutely that everything you believe is true, and none of your beliefs have ever changed?

That's an irrelevant question because it assumes that if you have ever believed something that is not true, or if you have ever changed a belief, than you cannot know any truth.

One does not need to know absolutely that everything one believes is true in order to know the truths that God has revealed.

No human being on earth knows ALL the truth about anything, but we do know absolutely some truth. God is absolute, but He's only revealed some of the truth about Himself. We cannot know everything about God-- (we will be learning more and more about Him throughout eternity, which means that even the saved in heaven won't ever know everything there is to know about God)-- yet the Bible teaches that we can know absolutely some of the truth about Him now.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

"The only safety for you is to search the truth as for hid treasures. Dig for the truth as as you would for treasures in the earth, and present the Word of God, the Bible, before your heavenly Father, and say, 'Enlighten me; teach me what is truth.' And when His Holy Spirit shall come into your hearts, to impress the truth into your souls, you will not let it go

easily. You have gained such an experience in searching

the Scriptures that every point is established. And it is important that you continually search the Scriptures." E.G. White, F.W.56,57.

"By the Spirit, He said, He would manifest Himself to them. 'The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things.' No more will you say, I cannot comprehend. No longer will you see through a glass, darkly. You shall 'be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge.' Eph.3:18,19."

John, I am surprised there are no comments from you on these two statements!!!

I have been here for quite a while and I have noticed that you seem to know pretty much every thing there is to know on any given subject. :) Unless I am mistaken, you are the top poster and you are always ready and quick to correct any deviation from what you believe the truth is and regarding just about any subject.

Just like the statement says, it is possible to be established on every point. You certainly give that impression, to me anyway.

sky :)

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Theologian Miroslav Volf weighs in on the question with his new book Allah: A Christian Response - http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/april/muslimschristianssamegod.html

After you read the brief interview about the book also read his response to 9/11 given in an interview days after the attack - http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2001/septemberweb-only/9-17-53.0.html

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Can you summarize Tom?

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

To summarize Tom might be a difficult task... bwink

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Wow...very good and thought provoking! To me, I see him as explaining the teachings of Christ and they meaning they have for the current world.

Well, basically, we did worship the God of Abraham, and for Muslim the God of Abraham is Allah (in Indonesian bible, you'll also read Allah, instead of Lord written in it), So yeah, I do believe in Allah.

To summarize Tom might be a difficult task... bwink

Perhaps I should start a new thread on trying to summarize Tom.

I believe in Hematology.