ClubAdventist is back!

Ignorance is SIN

Woody

Do we commit sin by not knowing the Truths of the Bible?

God has given us all the resources of Heaven at our command to know of Him and to not sin. What say you?

"Many seem to think they have a right to treat their own bodies as they please; but they forget that their bodies are not their own. Their Creator who formed them, has claims upon them that they cannot rightly throw off. Every needless transgression of the laws which God has established in our being, is virtually a violation of the law of God, and is as great a sin in the sight of Heaven as to break the ten commandments. Ignorance upon this important subject, is sin; the light is now beaming upon us, and we are without excuse if we do not cherish the light, and become intelligent in regard to these things, which it is our highest earthly interest to understand." Ellen White in ... {HR, August 1, 1866 par. 8}

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

God has given us all the resources of Heaven at our command to know of Him and to not sin. What say you?

"Many seem to think they have a right to treat their own bodies as they please; but they forget that their bodies are not their own. Their Creator who formed them, has claims upon them that they cannot rightly throw off. Every needless transgression of the laws which God has established in our being, is virtually a violation of the law of God, and is as great a sin in the sight of Heaven as to break the ten commandments. Ignorance upon this important subject, is sin; the light is now beaming upon us, and we are without excuse if we do not cherish the light, and become intelligent in regard to these things, which it is our highest earthly interest to understand." Ellen White in ... {HR, August 1, 1866 par. 8}

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

While it is true that "And the times of this ignorance God winked" (Acts 17:30). It is also true that "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee" (Hosea 4:6).

I think the big difference between the two groups is that God winks at ignorance when those that are ignorance are living to the best of their ability with the light they have. God condemns the ignorant who are willfully ignorant because they choose not to have a knowledge of the Truth.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Great quote,Woody! I think you should post this on the many abortion threads.

While it is true that "And the times of this ignorance God winked" (Acts 17:30). It is also true that "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee" (Hosea 4:6).

I think the big difference between the two groups is that God winks at ignorance when those that are ignorance are living to the best of their ability with the light they have. God condemns the ignorant who are willfully ignorant because they choose not to have a knowledge of the Truth.

Well said.

• Administrators

Yup- temperance, or just the idea of treating your body as if it belongs to the Lord, that really hits at the "self", doesn't it?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.