ClubAdventist is back!

What to do

Woody

There's this guy sitting out in front of my house blocking traffic down to one lane. He's drinking (i don't know what) and talking on the phone.

He's been out there for an hour in the cold.

I wonder what to do. I am alone and not in the best of physical condition. I don't know if he is wacked out on drug and beer or what.

I thought of trying to be a good Christian as i recently swore to not be concerned with myself and my belongings ....

and invite him in. But then thoughts of self prevail.

What do you think I should do with this guy? I've already locked my doors.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

There's this guy sitting out in front of my house blocking traffic down to one lane. He's drinking (i don't know what) and talking on the phone.

He's been out there for an hour in the cold.

I wonder what to do. I am alone and not in the best of physical condition. I don't know if he is wacked out on drug and beer or what.

I thought of trying to be a good Christian as i recently swore to not be concerned with myself and my belongings ....

and invite him in. But then thoughts of self prevail.

What do you think I should do with this guy? I've already locked my doors.

Start by unlocking your doors.Then go out and ask him if he needs help. If he does then help him. If he doesn't then ask him if he'd go pick up a pizza for you(if he wouldn't mind buying).-------------Is he still there?

• Moderators

Woody, I take you seriously. [Which I don't think the other posters have.]

Considering your lack of mobility I would do absolutely nothing. Unless he starts being more of a disruption, then I would call 911.

Just because he happened to have plopped himself down in front of your house doesn't make you responsible for his welfare. One must consider the relative strengths of the parties involved.

The way I see it, he's not your problem.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

It doesn't hurt to call the sheriff and alert them to his presence. They can drive by and ask him some questions, which will usually send him on his way, or give them an opportunity to help him if he needs help.

LD

LD

The way I see it, he's not your problem.

When I go to town with my wife, who is probably 50-75% disabled as a result of her lack of memory, I very seldom approach anyone to help them, especially if it's dark or no one is around, just because I wish not to jeopardize her sense of security, not to mention my own.

If the party seems to be in distress to the point of danger or some other lack, I have a cell phone available to call 911 so that someone besides myself is aware of the problem.

I am my brothers keeper but I am also aware that taking care of my brother's needs fall not on my shoulders alone.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!