ClubAdventist is back!

Killing Civilians

Dr. Shane

Afghan President Rejects U.S. Apology

Quote:
Afghanistan's president on Sunday rejected a U.S. apology for the mistaken killing of nine Afghan boys in a NATO air attack and said civilian casualties are no longer acceptable.

According to a statement from his office, Hamid Karzai told Gen. David Petraeus, the top commander of coalition forces in Afghanistan, that expressing regret was not sufficient in last week's killing of the boys, ages 12 and under, by coalition helicopters.

NATO has also apologized for the mistaken killings. Civilian casualties from coalition operations are a major source of strain in the already difficult relationship between Karzai's government and the United States, and they generate widespread outrage among the population.

"President Karzai said that only regret is not sufficient and also mentioned that civilian casualties during military operations by coalition forces is the main reason for tension in relations between Afghanistan and United States," the statement said. "It is not acceptable for the Afghan people anymore. Regrets and condemnations of the incident cannot heal the wounds of the people."

Civilians casualties are an unfortunate part of war. They are tragic but so is the death of a soldier or policeman. So if civilians casualties are unacceptable, I guess it is time to pack up and leave and let Karzai fight off the Taliban on his own and see if he can stay in power.

Has anyone heard Obama being blamed for these civilian casualties? Perhaps Rush is blaming him. I haven't heard that. At least not yet. Every time civilians were killed by accident during the last administration the Bush-haters all blamed Bush as if Bush was ordering the military to kill civilians.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
Every time civilians were killed by accident during the last administration the Bush-haters all blamed Bush as if Bush was ordering the military to kill civilians.

Yes, I had almost forgotten about that. Even on this very forum. I had best return them the favor and get on the back of Obama.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

"President Karzai said that only regret is not sufficient and also mentioned that civilian casualties during military operations by coalition forces is the main reason for tension in relations between Afghanistan and United States," the statement said. "It is not acceptable for the Afghan people anymore. Regrets and condemnations of the incident cannot heal the wounds of the people."

Civilians casualties are an unfortunate part of war. They are tragic but so is the death of a soldier or policeman. So if civilians casualties are unacceptable, I guess it is time to pack up and leave and let Karzai fight off the Taliban on his own and see if he can stay in power.

• Members

I think that may be a good idea. Apparantly Karzai thinks the U.S. has the capability of immitating the Lone Ranger,Batman,and Superman where we can just shoot the gun out of the criminal's hand without hurting anyone else. Maybe we should mark off the country for future operations and get out as soon as possible. Maybe the Afgan's are incapable of self rule.

I agree, we should just leave them be and get out. They are all so unappreciative of what we do for them.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Moderators

I agree, we should just leave them be and get out. They are all so unappreciative of what we do for them.

Especially the dead ones - no gratitude at all.

Truth is important

Some are very grateful. Christians missionaries have been met with so much success that many Muslim clerics are up in arms and trying to kill as many as they can. Of course, we know that killing Christians doesn't stop them. As terrible as the war has been there, it has created an opening for the gospel. The old adage is "man's tragedy is God's opportunity".

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

Originally Posted By: pkrause

Especially the dead ones - no gratitude at all.

The sad thing is, this is true even in Europe. When stationed there during the Vietnam War, most germans wanted us out of there, were not appreciative of us being there one iota.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

As GWB says, war is a good stimulus for the economy. I say we all should get behind this war so we can improve our standard of living. (tic)