ClubAdventist is back!

When politics becomes their religion...

Stan

Interestingly enough, although we are great proponents of separation, church and state, rhetoric often gets the best of us showing that, just maybe, we simply want our way supported by a political entity.

I encourage Churches to have at least some members join a political party, all of them. They can connect with thought leaders in the community as well as local and national leaders.

BUT, don't let it over take your Christianity. Not sure that can be fully explained.

I had breakfast with the Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada because of that, we had a nice talk.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Cool. I find conservatives to be good peoples. :)

Rawhide was one good example.

(Ronald Reagan was called Rawhide for those who don't know)

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I find all peoples to be good people, until they allow there politics to come between them and there friends, family, etc.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Yes. Very true pk. But Stan was meeting with the cons not the libs. So I was praising the ones he was meeting with. Leave it to you to demand equality. :) lol

I believe in Hematology.

Of course what seems good to us is not always good in God's sight

Daniel 4:17 "This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men."

Ronald Reagan:

Implemented Star Wars technology that will be used to call fire down from heaven in the endtime to compel obedience to the beast

and He restored the secular government to the papacy on America's behalf

when his legacy is fully realized, it will not be good for God's people

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Moderators

Especially when SDAs find themselves unable to love and be friendly with other SDAs because of political views (of whatever party or "side"), then I think it's time to lay political matters to the side.

I grew up with politics being "fun." As a kid, I was a Goldwater fan, and I put up posters for him all over Loma Linda. But one day I played hooky from school to attend a rally for LBJ, and the rally was just a lot of fun for me. I even enjoyed watching and listening to our president. He was drunk, which made it even more interesting.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

We need to grasp that Christ's kingdom is not of this world. If it were, then would His servants fight.

Politics is like shoveling the snow. It is something that needs to be done but will not have a lasting impact. How many times has one shoveled the snow and a few hours or days later it needs to be done again. Like mowing the grass. Yet it is important. We need to shovel the snow to get the car out of the driveway. And we need to have politics to pick up the trash off the curb, have a fire department, run schools and defend our respective countries. But the day is coming when all this will pass away. What our politicians do will not have a lasting impact. In contrast, what the church does should have an eternal impact.

For the most part, we all agree on the desired goals for our nations. We all want to be protected from criminals. We all want everyone to have enough to eat and a bed to sleep in. We all want people to have jobs. We want to be secure. We want everyone to have access to health care. We want people to enjoy certain liberties like that of speech, press and religion. Where we disagree is the means and methods to achieve these things. So I think we should give each other the benefit of the doubt when discussing politics. A little humility in such conversations certainly helps out too.

Many of you here are my Facebook friends and can probably see a contrast between how I handle political themes on Facebook with how I discuss politics here. Here, we are all in the church or friends of it - we are family. So I am in a much greater comfort zone here and feel free to be myself. On Facebook, I have scores for friends from public high school, state college and recovery groups I have belonged to that could quickly judge my religious faith by political comments I make. So I am very careful not to allow my politics to turn people away from my faith.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Politics is like shoveling the snow. It is something that needs to be done but will not have a lasting impact.

I really appreciate the snow shoveling that was done by our founding fathers and I believe it has and can continue to have a lasting impact. If carefully studied and appreciated, the writings of Madison, Jefferson, Washington, et al should inspire a return to constitutional principles and a considerably less intrusive government. I think think is doable and would give the common man hope and spur him to industry instead of penalizing him for working hard.

Originally Posted By: Shane
Politics is like shoveling the snow. It is something that needs to be done but will not have a lasting impact.

I really appreciate the snow shoveling that was done by our founding fathers and I believe it has and can continue to have a lasting impact. If carefully studied and appreciated, the writings of Madison, Jefferson, Washington, et al should inspire a return to constitutional principles and a considerably less intrusive government. I think think is doable and would give the common man hope and spur him to industry instead of penalizing him for working hard.

I'm assuming you're not referring to the back of the cupcake package,the 70's sitcom guru, and the compilation of Denzel's Greatest?

Originally Posted By: Woody

I find all peoples to be good people, until they allow there politics to come between them and there friends, family, etc.

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Mark 10:18" KJV

If we all recognized that as fact about ourselves as well as others, we would never feel diminished in the presence of anyone, nor feel arrogant about the accomplishments in our own lives, or be unwilling to recognize the accomplishments of others.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Originally Posted By: Woody
Cool. I find conservatives to be good peoples. Rawhide was one good example.

"Rollin, rollin, rollin..."

Someone here watched to much TV at some point in their life. :)

I believe in Hematology.