ClubAdventist is back!

"Vegetarian" swear words

Stan

One day, some twenty-five years ago I was particularly aroused at a situation and expleted the following: "The no-good double-dipped ding-blasted triple-twisted sons of Satan !!!"

More recently I experienced a penchant for P-words and created the following: Friday, February 04, 2011 7:00 PM - 7:15 PM - "AT&T is bunch of no good penny-ante pasty-complexion pin-headed panty-waist pencil pushers!"

Perfect.

bwink

If you're into poetry, I bet your favorite poet is Gerard Manley Hopkins.

AJ

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• olger

• joeb

• jasd

AJ

I like the Shakespearian insults that you can create....much more intuitive....

Thou pribbling beef-witted

mammet!

[ Subject hint-

1.From the British Dialect-

A. a doll, puppet, scarecrow, or other figure built to resemble a human being.

B. an empty-headed or mindless person.

2. Obsolete . an idol; a false god.]

Thou unmuzzled fen-sucked clack-dish!

[subject hint-

noun

6. a clacking sound.

7. something that clacks, as a rattle.

8. rapid, continual talk; chatter.]

Thou spongy half-faced gudgeon!

[subject hint-

noun

1. a small, European, freshwater fish, Gobio gobio, of the minnow family, having a threadlike barbel at each corner of the mouth, used as bait.

2. any of certain related fishes.

3.a person who is easily duped or cheated.

4.a bait or allurement. ]

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

I love Shakespeare too, but for different reasons, although I agree with you that he had a knack for "vegetarian swear words."

A great one: "Thou unmuzzled fen-sucked clack-dish!"

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Originally Posted By: olger
One day, some twenty-five years ago I was particularly aroused at a situation and expleted the following: "The no-good double-dipped ding-blasted triple-twisted sons of Satan !!!"

More recently I experienced a penchant for P-words and created the following: Friday, February 04, 2011 7:00 PM - 7:15 PM - "AT&T is bunch of no good penny-ante pasty-complexion pin-headed panty-waist pencil pushers!"

Perfect.

bwink

AJ

John Greenlief Whittier or

Francis Thompson

exhausting that, I make up limericks bwink

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I actually do like brussel sprouts!

After I render them unhealthy with lots of butter and salt.

bwink

I've never liked the things. Growing up I learned to hate them as I don't think anyone could have come up with more unappetizing ways to cook them than my mom did. To me they really did mean green death as they would come close to making me puke. However, looking at the following recipe I may have to give them a second try one of these daysd as even shoe leather, when cooked this way, would probably taste good.

http://www.food.com/recipe/fried-brussels-sprouts-142464

Edit for typo

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

picZYodMu.jpg

It do sound good! Looks good too.

It's a pretty healthy dish too with the EVOO instead of butter, and all that garlic.

Alexis de Tocqueville

I'm not much of a cook, but when I do, it looks something like this:

It should say vege-burger instead of burger

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/261279/Cheesy_Burger_Bowl.html#Post261279

Or this:

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthread...html#Post260936

Both of those look pretty good to me. Ever tried habeneros? A little goes a long way, but used in moderation they provide flavor first, and then a gentle heat afterwards, as compared to the jalapeno which hits the palette up front with its heat.

Too much of the habenero will create heat first, last, and always though....

I make a rice and black bean dish that's pretty good, or at least I think so, and my wife seems to agree.

Alexis de Tocqueville

Yes, I like habaneros. Better than Jalapenos actually. My dad used to grow them. He would pick one out in the garden, and just take a bite out of it right there. I thought he was crazy for doing that.

Yes, I like habaneros. Better than Jalapenos actually. My dad used to grow them. He would pick one out in the garden, and just take a bite out of it right there. I thought he was crazy for doing that.

If he could do that, the man could eat pain for breakfast.... That would fry my taste buds for quite a while. I like hot foods, but that's a long ways beyond what I like.

Alexis de Tocqueville

• Administrators

Have you tried ghost pepper? At least twice the heat of habaneros. It truly sneaks up on you real slow and then just about burns the house down! It takes maybe 3-5 minutes to hit max heat. So some folk make the mistake of thinking this is not so bad and keep on eating more. Then when it really kicks in they are in serious pain.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Have you tried ghost pepper? At least twice the heat of habaneros. It truly sneaks up on you real slow and then just about burns the house down! It takes maybe 3-5 minutes to hit max heat. So some folk make the mistake of thinking this is not so bad and keep on eating more. Then when it really kicks in they are in serious pain.

No. I haven't tried it. Habeneros are hot enough for me, as I don't really like the idea for heat's sake itself.

Well, that's not exactly true. I have found that eating food with quite a bit of spice in it will get rid of all by very worst headaches. I'll eat 4 star, out of 5 star, levels of heat in Thai restaurants, but this ghost pepper sounds more like pain than flavor.

Alexis de Tocqueville

Have you tried ghost pepper? At least twice the heat of habaneros. It truly sneaks up on you real slow and then just about burns the house down! It takes maybe 3-5 minutes to hit max heat.

I've always wanted to say this, but the ghost pepper [scoville rating at 800,000 to 930,000 units] is not quite as hot as common pepper spray [scovile rating at 2-3,000,000] and regular tabasco sauce is only at 30-50,000 units].

I would imagine that the ghost pepper might cause a few vegetarian swear words once the full effect of the peppers kicked in..

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: aldona

AJ

I like the Shakespearian insults that you can create....much more intuitive....

Thou pribbling beef-witted

mammet!

[ Subject hint-

1.From the British Dialect-

A. a doll, puppet, scarecrow, or other figure built to resemble a human being.

B. an empty-headed or mindless person.

2. Obsolete . an idol; a false god.]

Thou unmuzzled fen-sucked clack-dish!

[subject hint-

noun

6. a clacking sound.

7. something that clacks, as a rattle.

8. rapid, continual talk; chatter.]

Thou spongy half-faced gudgeon!

[subject hint-

noun

1. a small, European, freshwater fish, Gobio gobio, of the minnow family, having a threadlike barbel at each corner of the mouth, used as bait.

2. any of certain related fishes.

3.a person who is easily duped or cheated.

4.a bait or allurement. ]

Once I heard a lecture about a teacher who was frustrated with how so many of her students would just curse each other and these turn into fights and a lot of sore feelings. Finally she had an idea. She said to her class that instead of the usual words that they would say to each other, to instead quote Shakespeare's “You common cry of curs! whose breath I hate" that this way they would at least leave behind the fowl words and quote from beauty and art. The kids did replace their swear words with this phrase and instead of it leading to all the fights and hurt feelings this helped to lead to more of a binding of the class and friendships and a willingness to learn more.

I've always wanted to say this, but the ghost pepper [scoville rating at 800,000 to 930,000 units] is not quite as hot as common pepper spray [scovile rating at 2-3,000,000] and regular tabasco sauce is only at 30-50,000 units].

I would imagine that the ghost pepper might cause a few vegetarian swear words once the full effect of the peppers kicked in..

Neil! You could've said this anytime! Why wait? :)

Anything as hot as a habanero will certainly make you cry...if you rub it in your eyes! LOL (I know, because I've tried it.)

I'm glad my dad never got his hands on one of these. :)

Anything as hot as a habanero will certainly make you cry...if you rub it in your eyes! LOL (I know, because I've tried it.)

I hope it was by accident! :)

• Administrators

I am the only one in my house that will use the ghost pepper sauce. And I use it sparingly, a few small dabs of it go a long way! So the bottle will last me a long time.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)