ClubAdventist is back!

Where's the Life?

whatisthis

I'm in a factual mood, and I'm comparing facts. I think I'd like to share some facts about deadness:

Fact: People can be as good as dead.

Matthew 8:22

But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Fact: People can be warned not to be as good as dead and get another chance.

Genesis 20:3-18

But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, ....so Abraham prayed unto God: and God healed Abimelech

Fact: It is not a good state to be in, to be as good as dead. It would be better to be already dead, then walking around in that state, alive

Ecclesiastes 4

1So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter. 2Wherefore I praised the dead which are already dead more than the living which are yet alive. 3Yea, better is he than both they, which hath not yet been, who hath not seen the evil work that is done under the sun.

Fact: Being an oppressor leads to being totally dead, which is a silent and un-being state.

Psalm 115:17

The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence

Fact: Christ became dead for us, and we can be baptized (buried in the water,) for His death, so that we can be fully alive—in His life!

1 Corinthians 15:12- 29

Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead (Christ), if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

Fact: On their own power, dead people don’t rise.

• Psalm 88:10

Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.

Fact: No, they can’t.

Another Fact: But through the power of the dead and risen Christ, people can arise and praise and sing!

• Isaiah 26:19

Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Fact: Jesus has shown this power, already, actually, and literally. Dead men, even decayed dead men, can hear his call and rise!

John 11:39

Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

• John 12:1

Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead

Fact: The catalyst or seed that brings the ability to hear Christ and live is the treasure of God’s word. People who follow Christ have this catalyst, the living Word, so they understand more than people who just listen

Luke 8

1And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him…10And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

11Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God

All that brings me to some facts about life:

Fact: Jesus has command of both natural events and spiritual attacks

Luke 8

22Now it came to pass on a certain day, that he went into a ship with his disciples:...and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy. 24And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.

26And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over against Galilee. 27And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs. 28When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not. 29(For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man…

33Then went the devils out of the man...

Fact: And Jesus has power over everything that is an enemy – storm, sickness, even death –when the situation has been presented to Jesus, delay won’t defeat His control!

Luke 8

40And it came to pass, that, when Jesus was returned, the people gladly received him: for they were all waiting for him.

41And, behold, there came a man named Jairus, and he was a ruler of the synagogue: and he fell down at Jesus' feet, and besought him that he would come into his house: 42For he had one only daughter, about twelve years of age, and she lay a dying. But as he went the people thronged him.

43And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, 44Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. 45And Jesus said, Who touched me… 48And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

49 While He was still speaking, someone came from the ruler of the synagogue’s house, saying to him, “Your daughter is dead. Do not trouble the Teacher.”

50 But when Jesus heard it, He answered him, saying, “Do not be afraid; only believe, and she will be made well.” 51 When He came into the house, He permitted no one to go in[j] except Peter, James, and John,[k] and the father and mother of the girl. 52 Now all wept and mourned for her; but He said, “Do not weep; she is not dead, but sleeping.” 53 And they ridiculed Him, knowing that she was dead.

54 But He put them all outside,[l] took her by the hand and called, saying, “Little girl, arise.” 55 Then her spirit returned, and she arose immediately. And He commanded that she be given something to eat. 56 And her parents were astonished

Fact: The best example of faith is faith that believes regardless of immediate results

Daniel 3:16-18

10Thou, O king, hast made a decree, that every man that shall hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, shall fall down and worship the golden image: 11And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth, that he should be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.

...13Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Then they brought these men before the king. … 16Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. 17If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. 18But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Fact: God does have the power to raise the dead to life, both physically and spiritually. He can raise rotten corpses to life, can protect men in fiery furnaces, and can bring spiritually dead people to life, too. Even persecutors like Nebuchadnezzar-- or Saul.

Ezekiel 37:3-5

3And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest. 4Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. 5Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live

Daniel 4:37

Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment

Acts 8:3

As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison. Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, Acts 9:4

And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? Acts 9:8

And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. Acts 9:11

And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth, Acts 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. Acts 9:19

But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.1 Corinthians 15:8-10

8And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Psalm 106

1Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever… 6We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly. 7Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea. 8Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known. 9He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried up…2Then believed they his words; they sang his praise.

Fact: The worst sinner can not only be saved, but can minister to others!

Ephesians 3:8

8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ!

Anyone else want to add some good facts to this?

more later