ClubAdventist is back!

Childhood Obesity -- An issue That should Matter to Adventist

CGMedley

• Members

Another interesting article I'm looking forward to reading.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Remember when the camp meeting platform was filled with overweight persons?

Always wondered why the health message led to such!!!

Actually I don't! Really. :) But I do know a few, probably more than a few. :)

One that I knew was one of the kindest Christians I have ever known. He was a pastor, I agree it doesn't look good when we are trying to teach about health. The problem I see, is many times there might be other problems that are factors and not eating per say. Besides I never let overweight influence me as to weather someone was eating right or not. Because many that look like they are healthy are not.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

good point pk. Often times those that are skinny have more health issues than those who are fat.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

confession:

I can eat all the donuts I want and not gain weight.

And I had two today. Just to prove my point. :)

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

confession:

I can eat all the donuts I want and not gain weight.

And I had two today. Just to prove my point. :)

I can remember many years ago buying a dozen DD and eating them all. Pretty sick huh. When I look back at some of the garbage I ate, I can't believe I'm not dead. :(

phkrause

• Moderators

It would be a rather rare condition for someone to gain weight and not be consuming more calories than they expend.

• Members

It would be a rather rare condition for someone to gain weight and not be consuming more calories than they expend.

I agree, but correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't there a condition that allows people to be overweight even though they don't eat that much?

phkrause

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo

I agree, but correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't there a condition that allows people to be overweight even though they don't eat that much?

While there are conditions such as hypothyroidism and Cushings syndrome (excessive cortisol production) for example, where one may not eat a whole lot but still gain weight. However, there is NO condition that I am aware of where one gains weight (unless it's fluid) when the calorie expended is MORE than the calorie taken in.

It was way back and I use to wonder why they always sat on one side of the platform...concerned it would tip over!!!

I could name names but times do have seemed to have change...of course I haven't been to a Campmeeting in many a year!!!!!