ClubAdventist is back!

Prayers needed for President Obama, US Secretary Hillary Clinton, NAT

Felix Florimon

Prayers needed for President Obama, US Secretary Hillary Clinton, NATO military leaders and Libyans killing each other in order to keep or to gain government power within Libya.

Regretfully, since the fall of the Shah of Iran to these days, the United States of America has put itself on a collision course against Jesus' great commission, an agenda established by our Lord Jesus Christ over 2,000 years ago when He said: “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age” (Matthew 28:18-20).

This means that US foreign policy is just geared to be judged by what it does to "satisfy the wish and the aspiration" of those who besides being unhappy with the status quo are also more than willing to get killed or kill others with the overall goal of changing the human face of the leader representing their government. This US policy is increasing the number of Muslims who wish to kill fellow Muslims who would dare to change their faith to the Christian faith.

This is creating very serious difficulties in our ability to gain people who are willing to identify themselves as believers who pray in the name of Jesus to a God that is so powerful that, according to their faith, created our world in six days and rested on the seventh day. In Iran, now is much more difficult to openly preach Jesus' gospel than before the Iranian revolution. After the American intervention in Iraq, many who were deeply committed to the Christian faith had to leave the new Iraqi nation because they felt more under a threat to lose their lives for being Christians than they were before under the old Iraqi regime. Now if go to http://icasualties.org/OEF/ByMonth.aspx, we are going to observe that the monthly number of American soldiers killed in Afghanistan has had a marked increase since the May 2009 announcement by American military leaders of Bible burning that were written in the two most common languages Afghan Pashto and Dari (http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/20/us.military.bibles.burned/index.html). The problem is that many American military leaders don't have a common sense understanding of how a Muslim religious mind really works: When you attack Muslim militants with gunfire or throw bombs against them, there is nothing in the Quran instructing them to love and pray for their enemies and they naturally respond by throwing hidden bombs and gunfire against you. When they see that they cannot fight against you by a one to one basis, they get so determined to kill you that they recruit suicide bombers of their own religion to get at you. Now when you send Bibles and the life of Jesus in their own language, radical Muslims will have a more difficult time recruiting militants to their cause since they will have to spend more time and energy convincing Muslims who seem susceptible to the Christian faith. The problem is that military leaders who ordered Bible confiscation and Bible burning in Afghanistan have a more anti-faith agenda than a genuine desire to safeguard the lives of American soldiers in Afghanistan. The evidence is out there that anti-faith military and political civilian leaders are wrong when they say that they are protecting lives by preventing American soldiers to share their Christian faith with Afghanistanis of the Muslim faith. Based on the facts as we find it in http://icasualties.org/OEF/ByMonth.aspx and in http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/02/28/afghanistan.cia.bomber/index.html, we could say that American soldiers would be less likely to be attacked by Muslim radicals or by hidden explosive devises if they were surrounded by either Muslims that were very friendly to the Christian faith or by Afghanistanis feeling free to embrace the Christian faith. Burning Bibles in Afghanistan instead of saving the lives of American soldiers in that nation just reduced the number of Muslim Afghanistanis having a hidden admiration for the teachings in the New Testament of the Bible. This is what facilitated the increase of American casualties in Afghanistan since May 2009 after the announcement of Bible burning at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan. This is also what reduced the numbers of Muslim Afghanistanis who could help protecting the of lives seven CIA operatives and a Jordanian army captain who were killed on a December 30, 2009 bombing at a U.S. base in Khost, in southeastern Afghanistan.

The reason we need to pray for President Obama, US Secretary Hillary Clinton, NATO military leaders and Libyans killing each other in order to keep or to gain government power within Libya is because, at this time, it would be almost impossible for them to follow a biblical instruction on how to pray so our prayers could be heard by our heavenly Father. This instruction says: "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV). The problem is that President Obama, US secretary Hilary Clinton, NATO military leaders, Libyans killing each other in order to keep or to gain government power within Libya and many officials within the US government would disagree on what should or not be considered wicked according to guidelines of human behavior taught in the New Testament of the Bible since they are guided by a more humanistic and secular definition of such term.

FF

• Members

Not really sure what your trying to say here Felix!! Nothing any country or people do is going to stop the course of Biblical History that the Bible has prophecized would happen!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Re: Post right above this one.

Well, Jesus prayed. He was on a course prophesied by the Bible. Always a good thing to pray for our leaders (and everyone else too, I might add.)

Not really sure what your trying to say here Felix!! Nothing any country or people do is going to stop the course of Biblical History that the Bible has prophecized would happen!

Jesus made the following prophecy that has been fulfilled many times over and over:

"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains" (Matthew 24 :6-8).

However, God's enemy is working very hard in order to recruit the support of world leaders and false religions in order to prevent Jesus' teachings to be heard by every human on this earth (by false religions I mean that all other religions are a wrong way of understanding God's will if we accept Jesus' teachings that He is the way, the truth and the life with no one coming to the Father except through Him).

If we follow Jesus' instruction we should be doing the following:

"Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is" (Mark 13:33 (NKJV).

"First, I want all of you to pray for everyone. Ask God to bless them. Give thanks for them. Pray for kings. Pray for all who are in authority. Pray that we will live peaceful and quiet lives. And pray that we will be godly and holy. That is good. It pleases God our Savior. He wants everyone to be saved. He wants them to come to know the truth" (1 Timothy 2:1-4).

Now it is our responsibility to pray that the following prophecies could be fulfilled:

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations... (Matthew 24 :14).

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Philippians 2:9-11).

“Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. They will say of me, ‘In the LORD alone are deliverance and strength. All who have raged against him will come to him and be put to shame” (Isaiah 45:22-24).

"I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved" (Romans 11:25-26).

"He said, In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Holy Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions. Your old men will have dreams. In those days I will pour out my Spirit even on those who serve me, both men and women. When I do, they will prophesy" (Acts 2:17-18).

FF

• Moderators

Yes, I agree that we should be praying for our leaders, but we should also be praying for the Muslim people that they will accept Christ as their Lord and Savior.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Yes, I agree that we should be praying for our leaders, but we should also be praying for the Muslim people that they will accept Christ as their Lord and Savior.

• 3 weeks later...

I am of the opinion that praying for our leaders is a direct contradiction to prophecy. The bible clearly states that the Beast will gain control of the entire world Rev. 13:3. As a result, praying our leaders for a purposeful direction would be considered futile. This is not to say that we as Christians we should not pray for their salvation, as we all should; even our own. Jesus informed us that His kingdom is not of this world and that all of these things must come to pass before the great day of the Lord Jn, 18:36, Matt 24. I refuse to disregard holy writ, even at the expense of sounding unpatriotic.

I agree that the atrocities that are occurring around the world are unconscionable. However, if we trace causality, we know as Adventist that all roads lead to Rome. Everything that we see and hear is calculated. Rome controls the world, and nothing is done without her consent. In her eyes, all is justified, and nothing more than a means to an end, as the Jesuits would say.

God has placed and holds up the leaders. He is in control. So to pray for our leaders ... is to pray for God's will.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I am of the opinion that praying for our leaders is a direct contradiction to prophecy. The bible clearly states that the Beast will gain control of the entire world Rev. 13:3. As a result, praying our leaders for a purposeful direction would be considered futile. This is not to say that we as Christians we should not pray for their salvation, as we all should; even our own.

There is no scripture that forbids or discourages praying for leaders, on the contrary scripture says that we should.

If Christians had not prayed during WWI WWII then perhaps peace would not have returned. The current crisis may not result in the unfolding of prophesy that some may expect. It is more important now than ever that we pray for leaders that they act with integrity and with wisdom. It may give time for more to be saved.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I understand your sentiments and your point is well taken. However, from my research, almost every major global conflict that has occurred in the last 150 hundred years is of a consequence of the global positioning by the Vatican. We cannot disregard the Vatican’s influence in geopolitical matters. World Wars I and II, Zionism, Vietnam, Communism etc. were as calculated as our current embroilments in the Middle East. This is not conspiracy, it is a history.

Unfortunately, I believe that no amount of prayer will stop the dragon from executing his end-game. Though our Lord is ultimately in control, He is permitting these things to happen as eloquently stated in the Great Controversy by Sister White. There is a definitive time when probation will close and prayer will not delay this action. As we do not believe in the Catholic doctrine that Mary is subduing the wrath of God, so neither shall we believe our prayers would have the same effect.

The decree will be made that: He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. Rev 22:11.

God sets the agenda and the time of His visitation - not us.

• Members

I am of the opinion that praying for our leaders is a direct contradiction to prophecy. The bible clearly states that the Beast will gain control of the entire world Rev. 13:3. As a result, praying our leaders for a purposeful direction would be considered futile. This is not to say that we as Christians we should not pray for their salvation, as we all should; even our own. Jesus informed us that His kingdom is not of this world and that all of these things must come to pass before the great day of the Lord Jn, 18:36, Matt 24. I refuse to disregard holy writ, even at the expense of sounding unpatriotic.

I agree that the atrocities that are occurring around the world are unconscionable. However, if we trace causality, we know as Adventist that all roads lead to Rome. Everything that we see and hear is calculated. Rome controls the world, and nothing is done without her consent. In her eyes, all is justified, and nothing more than a means to an end, as the Jesuits would say.

But I don't see any reason why asking for God's will to be done is bad thing when praying!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

But I don't see any reason why asking for God's will to be done is bad thing when praying!

You are indeed correct! I pray for us all. I am just disillusioned with politics, government and the like. I do not believe that we are no longer in control and haven’t been for a very long time. I truly believe that since 1844, the world has been catapulted into a different sphere of reality. Not in a mystical sense, but one of situation.

I am of the opinion that after 1844, or shortly thereafter, Lucifer has established his confederation and is now in the process of executing his end-game. It is my assumption that the global powers that be, are all part of this demonic kabal, vis-à-vis the New World Order infrastructure.

I understand that there are some in the SDA that do not adhere to any conspiracy theories, but in my humble opinion this goes against reason, logic and scripture . Revelation clearly states that she is called Mystery Babylon and that John the revelator was taken into the woods. This denotes that her actions are done in secret - Knights of Malta, Freemasonry, Jesuits, Knights of Colombus, Vatcian II, United Nations, World Council of Churches, CFR, Club of Rome, Committee of 300, Bilderberg Group the list goes on and on.

God is in control. It's no conspiracy.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Originally Posted By: pkrause

You are indeed correct! I pray for us all. I am just disillusioned with politics, government and the like. I do not believe that we are no longer in control and haven’t been for a very long time. I truly believe that since 1844, the world has been catapulted into a different sphere of reality. Not in a mystical sense, but one of situation.

I am of the opinion that after 1844, or shortly thereafter, Lucifer has established his confederation and is now in the process of executing his end-game. It is my assumption that the global powers that be, are all part of this demonic kabal, vis-à-vis the New World Order infrastructure.

I understand that there are some in the SDA that do not adhere to any conspiracy theories, but in my humble opinion this goes against reason, logic and scripture . Revelation clearly states that she is called Mystery Babylon and that John the revelator was taken into the woods. This denotes that her actions are done in secret - Knights of Malta, Freemasonry, Jesuits, Knights of Colombus, Vatcian II, United Nations, World Council of Churches, CFR, Club of Rome, Committee of 300, Bilderberg Group the list goes on and on.

I'm with you most definitely when it comes to politics. As far as conspiracy theories, I do have a problem with that. I do believe that the ducks are getting lined up in a row that's for sure. I did hear a very interesting sermon this weekend about the role the USA had in the downfall of communism. It was much smaller than most of us will ever know.

phkrause

• Members

God is in control. It's no conspiracy.

Yes Woody God is in control. I believe TR is saying we, that would be us humans, are no longer in control. For that matter I don't believe we ever were.

phkrause

Hey Textus, I agree with your posts even though Paul wrote that it is God who sets up the rulers and leaders in Romans 13. I choose to believe in the words of Jesus as found in John 14:30, 12:31 and 16:11. Praying for something that is dead against what has been prophesied is nonsense. It is the same thing as attempting to preach to all of those before the flood that there was going to be a flood and it was going to kill everyone. Therefore I believe that Noah never preached a word for God never told him to. God said they all were lost so what good would it have done to preach to them? Same here, what good will it do to pray for those who are being led by Satan?

Hey Textus, I agree with your posts even though Paul wrote that it is God who sets up the rulers and leaders in Romans 13. I choose to believe in the words of Jesus as found in John 14:30, 12:31 and 16:11. Praying for something that is dead against what has been prophesied is nonsense. It is the same thing as attempting to preach to all of those before the flood that there was going to be a flood and it was going to kill everyone. Therefore I believe that Noah never preached a word for God never told him to. God said they all were lost so what good would it have done to preach to them? Same here, what good will it do to pray for those who are being led by Satan?

We should first identify ourselves with the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ then whatever Moses or E G White wrote would fall in its proper place. Jesus said that the Scriptures gives testimony about Him (John 5:39). Our salvation comes through our faith in Him. Moses and E G White should only be considered as our co-servants who were able to accomplish a very close relationship with God's Holy Spirit. They wrote under the influence of God's Spirit; however, their teachings should never be used in order to erase from us a will to follow the instructions of our Lord Jesus and His early followers including the Apostle Paul and the other writers of the New Testament. Also, the Lord Jesus left this instructions for us: "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7 12). This means that if I am deceived by the devil, I would like those who are not deceived to pray for me; therefore, it is my duty to pray for those who are not guided by God's Holy Spirit. Regarding our prayer for those who are led by Satan, Jesus teaches to love and pray for our enemies regardless of who they worship God or Satan. Now, if I truly worship God, it would very difficult for me to consider as an enemy anyone who truly worships my Creator and Redeemer.

FF

This is a public testimony I would like to say regarding the power of prayer. I asked my church to pray for our Muslim brothers in Libya. They are our brothers by creation even though we do not share the same faith in our Lord Jesus Christ as our Creator and redeemer. Less than 48 hours after our prayers, I was able to read through the news media that American airplane bombardment had to be shelved because of wheather conditions in Libya. Through my "eyes of faith" I could say that Jesus' angels answering our prayers by trying to save human lives in Libya had their eyes with tears because many of those Muslims fighting each other in Libya would kill any of Jesus' followers going to Libya trying to evangelize people through public evangelistic campaigns. Nonetheless, under the instructions of our Lord Jesus, Commander in Chief of the heavenly hosts, it is our duty to pray for every human on this earth even if we have to claim “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing”(Luke 23:34).

In the city of Misrata under siege from Moammar Gadhafi's forces, many of our Muslim Libyan brothers are dying under weapons fired by fellow Muslim Libyan brothers, again we need to remember that they are our brothers because they have the same Creator that we have even though they are unaware of it and even though they don't share our faith in Jesus Christ. We also need to pray that President Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and NATO could realize that the Libyan crisis is a result of a serious spiritual problem in that nation. This crisis will be made worse by them trying to throw a secular and military solution to something that has deeply Satanic spiritual roots. This is how we have been losing so many soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq: The United States and Europe have been trying to solve a problem with deeply Satanic spiritual roots with something just military, social and secular. This has destroyed the spiritual and emotional foundation of many American soldiers returning from the Middle East that some times we have more soldiers ending their own lives by committing suicide that American soldiers being killed by enemy fire in Afghanistan or Iraq.

FF

• Members

We should first identify ourselves with the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ then whatever Moses or E G White wrote would fall in its proper place. Jesus said that the Scriptures gives testimony about Him (John 5:39). Our salvation comes through our faith in Him. Moses and E G White should only be considered as our co-servants who were able to accomplish a very close relationship with God's Holy Spirit. They wrote under the influence of God's Spirit; however, their teachings should never be used in order to erase from us a will to follow the instructions of our Lord Jesus and His early followers including the Apostle Paul and the other writers of the New Testament. Also, the Lord Jesus left this instructions for us: "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7 12). This means that if I am deceived by the devil, I would like those who are not deceived to pray for me; therefore, it is my duty to pray for those who are not guided by God's Holy Spirit. Regarding our prayer for those who are led by Satan, Jesus teaches to love and pray for our enemies regardless of who they worship God or Satan. Now, if I truly worship God, it would very difficult for me to consider as an enemy anyone who truly worships my Creator and Redeemer.

FF

thumbsup excellent points Felix

phkrause