ClubAdventist is back!

Sonny

Dottie

Sonny will be going away tomorrow for a while. He has been too hard to handle lately, and hubby and I thought it would be best for all of us to give him a chance to change his ways. The hard part will be getting him there. He yells and kicks the back of the car seat. It hasn't been decided when he will come back.

Everyone's prayers will be greatly appreciated. I'll miss him.

• Members

You got it, will be added to our pray list.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

"Sonny" lived at your and your hubby's place?

We will certainly be praying for him and also for you and your family. Some of us have been praying for him already.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

Are we talking about the Sonny who's a member here?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

I'm pretty sure so, yes. At least that is the one I'm referring to.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Administrators

I don't think so!! LOL The Sonny who posts here may get a bit out of hand but I can't imagine him yelling and kicking in the back of anyone's car!!

I think Dottie is referring to her adopted son. She has asked for prayer for him before. He is a handful and SHE is an angel to be so long-suffering and loving!

Dottie, I pray that all will go well with all of you during this time-out. Please keep us updated!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Dottie, I know you are doing the right thing, it is probably the toughest decision you will ever make.

My prayers and support are with you.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

It sounds like you are making a good decision for Sonny. He sounds like he needs a chance to get some help; and you likely need a break! I will add you to my prayer list.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

I'm pretty sure so, yes. At least that is the one I'm referring to.

The "Sonny" you're talking about has his own car. And although I'm pretty sure he kicks and screams, I don't think he rides in the back.

That, coupled with the fact that his real name is not Sonny, but Robert.

Thanks to you all. My boy's real name is also not Sonny.

It was easier getting him in the car than I thought it would be. When I walked out the door and headed to the car, he followed. He is afraid to be alone. :)

((((Dottie)))) We will be praying for you and your family.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Today it was decided that Sonny come home tomorrow. I will get him in the morning, and I am sure he will be on his best behavior! He has been up and down, but has seemed to have decided obeying is better than not, so we will try again to have a calm household.

I'm happy for everyone!!!

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.