ClubAdventist is back!

What do you say to friends?

Woody

Do U often and frequently say things like:

"I'm sorry for all the terrible things I said or did." (confessions)

or

"Fix this problem for me." (Demands or Requests)

or

"You are outstandingly wonderful" (Praise and Glory)

Some times they may say these things ... but most of the time they spend together is less intense ... and they just hang out.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Mainly listening and consoling. :)

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Mainly listening and consoling. :)

And PRAISE GOD you do that.

I believe in Hematology.

You are outstandingly wonderful" (Praise and Glory)

Praise and Glory!!!

not sure what you mean here Woody!

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

You are outstandingly wonderful" (Praise and Glory)

Praise and Glory!!!

not sure what you mean here Woody!

adoh I dunno either ... just saying here

I believe in Hematology.

Extremely rare that I ask someone to fix a problem for me, or to help me with something. Rare that I offer praise or glory. More common that I apologize for something or other. Mostly just spend time with friends listening to the things going on in their lives and then updating them on the goings-on of the things in mine.

Extremely rare that I ask someone to fix a problem for me, or to help me with something. Rare that I offer praise or glory. More common that I apologize for something or other. Mostly just spend time with friends listening to the things going on in their lives and then updating them on the goings-on of the things in mine.

thumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Good question!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

Allowing someone to help you can be a powerful way of getting closer to them - I think in our society we tend to be too proud to recognise that people are willing and happy to help where they can. We need to remember how good it feels for us to help others... and then be unselfish enough to let others feel that good!

In terms of the language in the OP it's all a bit florid and over-the-top for me: I'm a laconic, laidback Aussie bloke. But I do say each of those things to my friends, quite often, just in different language.

Truth is important

You Aussie blokes may ask for help. But us Amerikans ... we is self independent with a big dose of self respect.

I believe in Hematology.

Allowing someone to help you can be a powerful way of getting closer to them - I think in our society we tend to be too proud to recognise that people are willing and happy to help where they can.

It's not a matter of pride for me. It's a matter of getting it done the right way in a reasonable amount of time. When I do need help, I ask. It's just a rare ocassion.

• Moderators

Fair enough, and definitely wasn't having a go at you.

I guess I'm saying dependence sucks, independence is good but interdependence is the best.

Truth is important

Quote:
I guess I'm saying dependence sucks, independence is good but interdependence is the best.

Sounds good. But my pride DOES get in the way.

I believe in Hematology.