ClubAdventist is back!

What is your church doing for Easter?

Woody

Quote:
promulgating the lie that Jesus was born on December 25 and making Him seem like just another pagan god from history

Please name one person on the face of the God's green earth that believes Jesus was born on Dec. 25.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• FLO

• Procopius

• CoAspen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please name one person on the face of the God's green earth that believes Jesus was born on Dec. 25.

Many people do. A lot of them Christians. Why? Because most Christians (that actually know that Jesus wasn't born at that time) still celebrate the pagan winter solstice festival on Dec 25 and claim that it's a Christian celebration of Jesus' birth.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you are misleading people when you claim to be celebrating Jesus' birth on Dec 25, when His birthday isn't even in the same month. Think about it.

Same thing when you're celebrating Jesus' death on Easter instead of Passover.

If we tried to proclaim that we knew when Jesus was born ... we WOULD be deceiving them. But since we don't know ... we are not deceiving ANYone. What month would you choose? And would you not then be deceiving them?

And btw ... I am waiting for you to name just ONE.

I believe in Hematology.

Since there is no command to honor His birth or his resurrection ... we are free to pick any day we choose to do so.

I believe in Hematology.

Since there is no command to honor His birth or his resurrection ... we are free to pick any day we choose to do so.

I disagree, I believe that He gave us pretty clear instruction to remember His death via a memorial on Passover.

I agree, however, that there is no command about needing to celebrate His birth, so why on earth would to pick the day that the whole world has been celebrating as the birth of numerous pagan gods (Dec. 25)?

• Members

That's what happens when we "take over" pagan customs and try to Christianize them. We lose track of what is true worship and what is not.

Although all those pagan gods were born on Dec. 25th, Jesus definitely was not. And that's exactly why we shouldn't celebrate Jesus birth at that time (ie. Christmas). Because we are just promulgating the lie that Jesus was born on December 25 and making Him seem like just another pagan god from history.

Here's a video that explains the truth about both Christmas and Easter: Truth or Tradition

Don't watch it if you don't want to know the truth. If you like celebrating Christmas and Easter, and you're happier not knowing that true worship CANNOT include these two pagan festivals, then just pretend you never read this and continue living your lives the way you are.

Flo, as a former witch, I can tell you that pagan gods were not all thought to be born on December 25.

Assigning days to what days Christians choose to celebrate Christ's birth and/or death/resurrection and not do it on a "pagan" day is somewhat of a moot problem. Every day of the year had some significance for pagans. It is just that there were 8 high sabbats, and regular sabbats. The high sabbats were/are:

Date

Yule (Winter Solstice) Around 21st December

Imbolc 1st February

Ostara (Vernal Equinox) Around 21st March

Beltane 1st May

Litha (Summer Solstice) Around 21st June

Lughnassadh 1st August

Mabon (Autumnal Equinox) Around 21st September

Samhain 1st November

One of those days might actually fall on the Christian Sabbath. But we don't celebrate on those Sabbaths the way pagans did. God created all 7 days and pronounced them good, did He not?

As one who as a child never got to celebrate Easter the way my non-SDA friends did, I felt so left out. And I wasn't sending any kind of message about Christ to anyone by not participating. My friends just all thought my mom was mean. (But my grandparents always sent my brother and I Easter baskets with candy smiley )

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Excellent and very informative. Thank you Rudywoofs.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Flo, I am confused. SDA do not celebrate Passover-we have communion.

Because he died and was resurrected at that time of year. So for me I agree with Flo on that point! We should be celebrating the communion on the same day that Jews celebrate the Passover, the day that Jesus gave us the new method of celebrating that day. Which doesn't always fall on the Sabbath. But I do recall that Jesus also said that we should celebrate the communion and foot watching as often as we would like. So this is why I'm guessing they do the communion 4 times a year. But to just celebrate Easter on the wrong time is wrong to me. If we as a church want to celebrate the resurrection than do it on the right day.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

that makes sense pk

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I disagree, I believe that He gave us pretty clear instruction to remember His death via a memorial on Passover.

I agree, however, that there is no command about needing to celebrate His birth, so why on earth would to pick the day that the whole world has been celebrating as the birth of numerous pagan gods (Dec. 25)?

I agree with you on celebrating our communion at the same time as Passover, but he gave us the communion and the foot watching to replace the Passover. As a Jewish SDA I see no reason not to celebrate Passover, not as a thing to represent Jesus. But what it meant for a people coming out of slavery.

phkrause

• Moderators

I am still trying to process the idea of "Resurrection Eggs." Hmmmm.... Nope. It doesn't compute.

LD

LD

I am still trying to process the idea of "Resurrection Eggs." Hmmmm.... Nope. It doesn't compute.

LD

LOL

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

"Foot watching," is that what you do before the bread and the wine, PK?

AS far as I know, don't they do the FW first and than the bread and wine!

phkrause

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo
"Foot watching," is that what you do before the bread and the wine, PK?

AS far as I know, don't they do the FW first and than the bread and wine!

And some of us watch the feet all the time.

I believe in Hematology.

That's exactly the problem. Jesus celebrated Passover, not communion. Communion is supposed to be a replacement for passover ripped out of its proper context. Do some research on the origins of communion. Jesus was not replacing Passover with Communion (as commonly taught within Adventism), He was simply changing the focus of Passover from a memorial of Deliverance from Egypt, to a memorial of the Deliverance from Sin by His death on Passover. Which is why He said "As oft as you do this, do this in remembrance of Me." It was within the context of them celebrating Passover. You can read it right in your Bible (i.e. once a year). They were celebrating Passover at the biblically appointed time, not communion at 4 random times throughout the year decided by the local church. Do your own research and you'll see. Or check out -> www.EasterTruth.info

Our church put on a wonderfully produced and orchestrated play on creation, the fall, crucifixion and resurrection. And guess what, the part of the Holy Spirit was played by a young woman, wow!