ClubAdventist is back!

Is it proper to celebrate Osama Bin Laden's death?

phkrause

• Members

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Excellent and makes many good points.

The book of Psalms and the book of Revelation are both filled with praise for victory over evil people and sin. It wouldn't be a part of the Bible if it was wrong for Christians or Jews to feel that way.

By the way, I do believe we should pray for our enemies-- that they will come to a knowledge of God and salvation-- but if they persist in their crimes, they can't be ignored and treated as if they are doing right. Murderers must be punished. God's justice requires it. Love for our fellow man also demands it.

If I had come face to face with bin Laden, I would not have killed him. I would have prayed for him and appealed to him to give his life to Christ. But a nation's government cannot deal with people in the same way that individual Christians can. Governments are responsible first of all for the protection of their citizens.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Yep, let's just continue to praise the the beast of Revelation 13 until they decide that the next target is the Seventh Day Adventist and other Sabbath keepers.

Revelation 13 speaking of the U.S.

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

• Moderators

You bring up a point that is worthy of our attention and should be discussed.

The fact that the United States of America is symbolized in Rev. 13 as the earth-beast which will eventually enforce the mark of the first beast is no sign that we shouldn't love the United States and be proud to be Americans. The people of all nations-- including Americans-- have a right to be proud of their country. I would say the same about the English, the Germans, and the Russians. Neither the Bible nor the Spirit of prophecy teach against love of one's country. Love of country is love of the people of one's country.

One of these days the United States will work against God and against the SDA church, but that time hasn't yet arrived, and until that time does arrive, there is nothing wrong in being glad that our military is strong and can go after mass murderers such as bin Laden. I wish there had been someone who could have done the same in the case of Adolf Hitler before He killed over 7,000,000 human beings.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Thanks for sharing this

God will always accept confession, if the evil that has been done is repented of. Our Heavenly Father makes the declaration, "As I live, . . . I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked should turn from his way and live." Over every sinner that repents, the angels of God rejoice with songs of joy. Not one sinner need be lost. Full and free is the gift of saving grace. Every one may have the salvation that the Lord Jesus will bestow abundantly on all who bring his love into their life-work. {RH, May 31, 1906 par. 6}

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

I have a hard time celebrating anyone's death. I do believe in capital punishment and the concept of a justifiable war but simply do not see the death of someone as a reason to celebrate. That just really runs against my grain.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

I likewise cannot celebrate the death of anyone. While I understand that capital punishment and defensive war (not sure I would consider most war justifiable that is claimed as such...) and self defense as necessary evil of this life, I would not say I "believe" in them.

Although I like to think of myself as a pacifist generally, I do not think that I could say with any certainty like John that I would not have killed Osama if I had come face to face with him. I do think I could have easily pulled the trigger... No regrets, but I would not have been proud or pleased to do so. Sometimes duty is a hard thing. But you do it anyway.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I hope that there is someone who can explain an apparent conundrum found in the life of Jesus.

In the story of Elijah the Tishbite, King Ahaziah sent three different commanders with orders to bring back the servant of God back to the palace. Two were burned alive along with their accompanying details when fire came down from Heaven and consumed them. II kings 1:1-15

So why didn't Jesus allow His disciples to follow the example of His prophet? Luke 9:51-56

In both cases the idolaters rejected the authority of God, and it could be argued that the Samaritans committed a greater sin in rejecting not only a prophet of God, but in rejecting the authority of God, Himself, committed the greater sin.

Since God is the unchangeable,the same yesterday, today, and forever, why then these two different story endings?

He lived by the sword, he died by the same.

Adrenaline was flowing. Time is running out. You are on a very dangerous mission, way behind enemy lines. You are dealing with a dangerous man, who is probably reaching for a weapon. He could also be wearing a bomb.

Whoever shot him did what he felt he had to do under those conditions.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Members

He lived by the sword, he died by the same.

Adrenaline was flowing. Time is running out. You are on a very dangerous mission, way behind enemy lines. You are dealing with a dangerous man, who is probably reaching for a weapon. He could also be wearing a bomb.

Whoever shot him did what he felt he had to do under those conditions.

thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}