ClubAdventist is back!

Shocking News: bin Laden Hid Behind His Wife

John317

• Moderators

Osama bin Laden hid behind his wife during US forces raid: White House

Press Trust of India, Updated: May 03, 2011 07:53 IST

Washington: Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, who ordered several terror attacks, used a woman, believed to his wife, as a shield when US special forces raided the one million dollar house in Pakistan's Abbottabad where he was hiding, the White House has said.

"Thinking about that from a visual perspective, here is bin Laden, who has been calling for these attacks, living in this million-dollar-plus compound, living in an area that is far removed from the front, hiding behind women who were put in front of him as a shield," Deputy National Security Advisor for Counterterrorism and Homeland Security John Brennan told reporters at the White House.

"I think it really just speaks to just how false his narrative has been over the years."

"And so, again, looking at what bin Laden was doing hiding there while he's putting other people out there to carry out attacks again just speaks to, I think, the nature of the individual he was," Brennan said.

Besides, bin Laden, the two Al Qaeda facilitators - who were the courier, his son Khalid and a woman presumed to be his wife, who was shielding bin Laden, died in yesterday's pre-dawn operations.

"She served as a shield; again, this is my understanding. And we're still getting the reports of exactly what happened at particular moments.

"She fought back when there was an opportunity to get to bin Laden; she was positioned in a way that indicated that she was being used as a shield, whether or not bin Laden or the son or whatever put her there or she put herself there," the White House official said.

"That's again my understanding, that she met her demise, and my understanding is that she was one of bin Laden's wives," he added.

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/osama-...house-103018?cp

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

And he had a lot, didn't he? I guess he had a quite a few kids too. But are you surprised that bin Laden would hide behind a woman? Most men would think first of protecting their wife (or any of their wives) but evidently not bin Laden. He has been asking women to blow themselves up all these years, so i guess we shouldn't be too suprised.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Bin Laden used his wife as a human shield.

The US Special Forces shot and killed a woman who was being used as a human shield.

Neither of these are actions to be proud of.

Just saying.

AJ

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Moderators

Osama bin Laden did not use one of his four wives as a human shield in his dying moments, contrary to earlier reports, as White House officials began to "clarify" early accounts of Monday's commando raids by US special forces.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...man-shield.html

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

I believe if I'm not mistaken and like Lazarus mentioned, it was just a woman that was there and not one of his wife's. And its not the point anyway. Just hiding behind someone else, just shows how big a man he really was. And to think he had all those women waiting for him and he didn't want to go. I guess its just there subordinates that believe that!!!!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60