ClubAdventist is back!

Should the pics of a Dead Usama be released?

Woody

How do you vote and why?

Personally I vote yes.

Why? Because like Elvis - Many will claim he is alive.

Will it inflame the muslims?

The answer is simple - NO.

Why not? Because they do not think like we do. To them it is no issue to see a dead person. They show the beheading of people all the time. Pics of dead people is normal. They think nothing of it. To them it would be an honor for Usama to die for the cause - he will just get more wives in Heaven.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

My vote is NO. Did you not see the demonstrations in Pakistan protesting bin Laden's death? Why fire up more antagonism? Obviously, being shot anteriorly in the head is going to make visual identification impossible on a photo. Terrorists are already being given fuel to stoke their anger - bin Laden was unarmed, his wife was shot, etc. Plus, we've already given out more information on a secret mission than we should, although it does seem that the White House can't get the facts straight.

Perhaps some would be happy if there had been a taxidermist around and we could have had a visual trophy... NOT.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

My vote would be no too, but thankfully, we don't have to even worry about them being released: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42900991/ns/world_news-death_of_bin_laden/?GT1=43001

Quote:
WASHINGTON — U.S. President Barack Obama has decided not to release photographs of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden's body, a senior administration official told NBC News on Wednesday.

Obama also announced the decision not to release post-mortem photos during an interview Wednesday with CBS' "60 Minutes."

The White House had been weighing the release of a photo, in part to offer proof that bin Laden was killed during a raid on his compound early Monday. However, officials had cautioned that the photo was gruesome and could be inflammatory.

Lawmakers on Capitol Hill, some of whom have seen the pictures taken by Navy SEALs, agreed with the president.

"In my opinoin there is no end served by releasing a picture of someone who has been killed," Democratic House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer said during an unrelated news briefing on Wednesday. "I think there is absolute proof that Osama bin Laden was in fact the person that was taken into custody... killed in the firefight."

"Conspiracy theorists around the world will just claim the photos are doctored anyway," GOP House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers told CBS, "and there is a real risk that releasing the photos will only serve to inflame public opinion in the Middle East."

The decision comes a day after CIA director Leon Panetta said that a photo proving the death of Osama bin Laden "would be presented to the public," but the comment quickly drew a response from the White House saying no decision has yet been made.

• Moderators

To those who believe,no proof is needed...to those who do not believe,no proof is enough.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

To those who believe,no proof is needed...to those who do not believe,no proof is enough.

thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

How do you vote and why?

Personally I vote yes.

Why? Because like Elvis - Many will claim he is alive.

Will it inflame the muslims?

The answer is simple - NO.

Why not? Because they do not think like we do. To them it is no issue to see a dead person. They show the beheading of people all the time. Pics of dead people is normal. They think nothing of it. To them it would be an honor for Usama to die for the cause - he will just get more wives in Heaven.

I say NO, none needed. Just see what the terrorist Muslims are doing! They obviously know that its true.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Good Point pk. But the ones who will doubt will be mostly the wackos of America like those who actually think that 9-11 was an "inside job". HA HA. I suppose we can just give up on them and consider them to be hopeless like Laz says.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Good Point pk. But the ones who will doubt will be mostly the wackos of America like those who actually think that 9-11 was an "inside job". HA HA. I suppose we can just give up on them and consider them to be hopeless like Laz says.

Woody like Lazarus said they'll still not believe.

phkrause

Originally Posted By: Woody

Woody like Lazarus said they'll still not believe.

Personally I would have liked to have seen Osama read his Miranda rights and brought back for trial to New York.

Isn't that what we are to do with other terrorists? How does shooting an unarmed man fit in with that.

Glad he is gone but sure seems to be a lot of confusion and embroidering of facts as we go

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

If the pics were released straight away, a timeline given the admin would have been accused of propagandizing. I hope Obama is thinking to himself "whatever!"

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Osama was reaching for a gun. I have no problem with what happened. I am not interested in seeing photos. I believe it happened.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

And did you see him reach for a gun? Really now, who really gives a hoot if he is dead or not? What I want to know, is what the heck caused the chopper to crash? Don't you think it is strange you don't hear anyone on this? Take a peek at this: http://libertypulse.com/article/osama-bin-laden-unknowingly-killed-by-pakistan-forces-not-us-forces/

Now why would they have done this BEFORE the report of the raid was made public? As a professional investigator, I find that there are just too many reported 'facts' that have changed and since when has our government ever told the truth?

Reminds me of the three times Paul told about his conversion experence--three different stories. Hmmm? No wonder our jury system is shot to heck, people don't seem to have brains enough to think for themselves.

• Moderators

How could photos prove anything at all when they are so easily doctored?

LD

LD

And did you see him reach for a gun? Really now, who really gives a hoot if he is dead or not? What I want to know, is what the heck caused the chopper to crash? Don't you think it is strange you don't hear anyone on this? Take a peek at this: http://libertypulse.com/article/osama-bin-laden-unknowingly-killed-by-pakistan-forces-not-us-forces/

Now why would they have done this BEFORE the report of the raid was made public? As a professional investigator, I find that there are just too many reported 'facts' that have changed and since when has our government ever told the truth?

Reminds me of the three times Paul told about his conversion experence--three different stories. Hmmm? No wonder our jury system is shot to heck, people don't seem to have brains enough to think for themselves.

And we have proof that this is correct?? Please explain how

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Osama was reaching for a gun. I have no problem with what happened. I am not interested in seeing photos. I believe it happened.

Yes and they feared he was wearing a suicide vest. In addition - there were guns all around the place.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Kountzer

Yes and they feared he was wearing a suicide vest. In addition - there were guns all around the place.

I would like one consistent report of what happened. Just a little assurance that Obama actually knew what was going on

Sorry Bonnie. Telling the truth is not one of Obama's strengths.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

A malfunction Dr. Rich, is what I'd say, if you want to believe the Navy Seals.

And this is a political forum, why bring up Paul here? Next time take a poll and see if anyone really wants to hear your believes about Paul here in this thread!

phkrause

Yes, pictures and birth certificates can be doctored. Reminds me of Andy Koffman and the movie about him called "Man On the Moon". Should I take the red pill or the blue pill? Hmmmm?