ClubAdventist is back!

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore
I suppose that helps resolve the cognitive dissonance of having a president with African ancestry...

Probably not for those that assume that every objection is based on the color of his skin.Those that see skin color first,pro or con,and foremost have a much greater problem than those that just plain do not trust this man,do not like our rapid downhill slide the last couple of years and his policies that are pushing us ever downward.

The demand to almost worship at the altar of this man because he is black have a much bigger problem

You seem to bring up the color of his skin more than anyone else around here.

Why is it such a problem for you that some find it an historically noteworthy fact that he is black?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Wetmore

• lazarus

• Woody

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators

I am not speaking of this thread alone...

But since myopia rules... as to this thread, Laz = first in time... Bonnie = most in quantity...

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I am not speaking of this thread alone...

But since myopia rules... as to this thread, Laz = first in time... Bonnie = most in quantity...

Talk about myopia rules

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

OK. WIthout Googling for info, answer all of the following:

Who was the best man at George W. Bush's wedding?

Is there any footage of his graduation ceremony? From anywhere?

Has anyone talked to his professors about his scholastic abilities? Any anecdotes?

It is odd that no one is bragging that they knew him or taught him or lived with him.

When did he meet Laura and how?

Are there photos?

Ever wonder why no one has come forward from "President" Bush's past saying he knew him, attended school with him, was his friend.....?

Can you think of ANYBODY besides family who has ever come forward from his past?

VERY, VERY STRANGE . . . . You would think that people who barely knew him would be claiming him if for no other reason than just to bask in some of his limelight.

Let's face it. As insignificant as we all are...people with whom we went to school remember our names or faces...people remember we were the clowns or the dorks or the brains or the quiet ones or the bullies...or something about us.

Why has no one acknowledged the "President" was in their classroom or ate in the same cafeteria or made impromptu speeches on campus.

Where are all the classmates of Bush at Yale University. How many never had a single class with him?

Why don't people remember him?

All you've done here is strengthen the case of those who you are opposing and trying to make fun of. You see, almost all of that stuff can be found out about Bush simply by googling. Not so with Obama. He has gone to great lengths, and expense, to have all his records sealed. You can't see a single one of his grades, or see a single paper he wrote while in law school, etc. etc. etc.

So the question is not "to google or not to google", but the question is why? Why would he go to such great lengths to keep all this hidden. You don't pay money, and go out of your way to hide something, if you have nothing to hide. The very fact that all this information has been sealed, shows that there is something there, (or not there) that he doesn't want people to see.

So where is all this transparency he campaigned on back in 08'? It was all just a big lie, because it sounded good, and was what the voters wanted to hear. But nothing could be further from the truth.

Ever wonder why no one has come forward from "President" Obama's past saying he knew him, attended school with him, was his friend.....?

When the issue of his smoking was being talked about, I saw a lot of pictures of him from high school and college with a cigarette in his hand. When the media wants pictures of his younger days, they don't seem to have a problem finding them.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

Again google the info you want!!!!!!! I did, and gave one example, who his best man was. And if you want to know the rest, than google what you want, its there. When Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Bush, Clinton, Bush became president. I could've asked all those same questions. I had no idea who any of them were either. The only reason I left Reagan out is because I knew he had been a actor, but that's about all. Didn't have any idea as to who he married? What religion was he, etc.?

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Amazing.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

This is a quote from that link

Barack wore a black suit with a white rose boutonniere. His best man was his half-brother, Malik Obama, who lives in Kenya.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

Willful ignorance... Ignorant by choice. If you really were interested, there are answers to your questions. But it is more than lack of interest, it is a desire not to get the answers as it might risk upsetting preconceived ideas.

• Administrators

Yep! That's what I found too in less than 5 minutes...

Richard, how did you miss that! Oh yeah, I just answered that...

• Moderators

NO! It is NOT there!!!! That is the whole point of this thread.....It's NOT THERE!!!!!

Lord have mercy!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

From the Occidental College website:

Quote:
Neither Obama’s image or name appear in any Occidental yearbooks or the weekly student newspaper for the years he attended. The picture featured on this page is the only one we have of the president; it was sent in with his Occidental application.

• Moderators

From the Occidental College website:

Tom, you're right, its willful.

There's always a reason why folks don't post a link.

http://www.oxy.edu/x7992.xml

Barack Obama attended Occidental College from fall 1979 through spring 1981 and then transferred to Columbia University in New York. He is not a graduate of Occidental; however, the Occidental College Alumni Association bylaws state that anyone who completes at least eight courses of undergraduate work (or a year of graduate studies) is eligible for alumni status when their class graduates. The 1974 federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (34 CFR Part 99) protects the privacy of student education records. We, therefore, cannot disclose students’ classes, grade point averages, majors or other such information. President Obama's transcripts and other student records have not been released by Occidental.

Neither Obama’s image or name appear in any Occidental yearbooks or the weekly student newspaper for the years he attended. The picture featured on this page is the only one we have of the president; it was sent in with his Occidental application. It is available to media outlets upon request. Photos of the president as an Occidental freshman taken by Lisa Jack '81 appeared in Time magazine and in an exhibit at M+B Gallery in West Hollywood. Obama contributed two poems to the now-defunct student literary magazine, Feast. Transcripts of his poems are available upon request.

Occidental has a strict privacy policy regarding alumni information. We do not give out alumni contact information but we can, on behalf of media outlets, contact alumni with specific requests.

If you would like to speak with an alumnus for a story, please contact director of communications Jim Tranquada at (323) 259-2990 or jtranqua@oxy.edu.

Karl, you are either being willfully ignorant or being willfully ignorant . Which one is it?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Shane, thanks, that was soothing.

Einstein

What, specifically, are you suggesting is ignorant in what I posted? Do you know the definition of ignorance? Ignorant is what the entire nation is regarding Obama's past. Occidental stated on its website that it has no pictures of Obama other than the highschool picture he supplied with his application. What is ignorant about me posting that statement? Do you deny that statement?

To my knowledge. Obama's photo does not appear in Columbia's yearbook either. There is doubt as to whether he ever went there. Extensive attempts to find persons who attended ANY classes with him at Columbia have failed.

I'm not saying this is impossible. It is, however, strange.

If you know so much about his past, why don't you share your knowledge with us?

• Moderators

There is doubt as to whether he ever went there.

Who doubts this? Please post one credible source that presents evidence that Obama did not attend.

So ..... Bush was behind 911

The Army Corp of Engineers blew up the NO levees

Princess Diana was killed by M16

There were weapons of mass destruction

UBL is still alive or has been dead for 10 years

Occidental said he did attend. I suppose they are in on the conspiracy too.

What's strange is your willingness to embrace this foolishness.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: karl
There is doubt as to whether he ever went there.

Who doubts this? Please post one credible source that presents evidence that Obama did not attend.

So ..... Bush was behind 911

The Army Corp of Engineers blew up the NO levees

Princess Diana was killed by M16

There were weapons of mass destruction

UBL is still alive or has been dead for 10 years

Occidental said he did attend. I suppose they are in on the conspiracy too.

What's strange is your willingness to embrace this foolishness.

I mostly agree with you. But it was a proven fact that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. I heard it reported on Fox News. It just wasn't as much as many feared.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

But it was a proven fact that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.

Sure. What was left posed no significant threat.

Einstein

• Administrators

What, specifically, are you suggesting is ignorant in what I posted? Do you know the definition of ignorance? Ignorant is what the entire nation is regarding Obama's past. Occidental stated on its website that it has no pictures of Obama other than the highschool picture he supplied with his application. What is ignorant about me posting that statement? Do you deny that statement?

To my knowledge. Obama's photo does not appear in Columbia's yearbook either. There is doubt as to whether he ever went there. Extensive attempts to find persons who attended ANY classes with him at Columbia have failed.

I'm not saying this is impossible. It is, however, strange.

How about http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/columbia.asp

It's not simply ignorant. It is intentionally ignorant by choice - choosing to not seek answers that are easily found. But even worse, it is trying to make ones own willful ignorance seem like the truth. THat would make it an intentional misrepresentation - an effort to create a false report about someone.

As I recall, one of the big ten rules had a little something to say about that...

Originally Posted By: Woody

But it was a proven fact that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.

Sure. What was left posed no significant threat.

If you were at the other end of them ... you might be thinking differently.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:

The lack of knowledge concerning Obama is led by the media. From the trivial to the important any republican president would have been picked to shreds. The interest in Bush's past,from his grades to military service was of great interest to the media and therefore to the american people. Obama is different,he is treated as if he did not exist before he became a presidential candidate.

Quote:
It's not simply ignorant. It is intentionally ignorant by choice - choosing to not seek answers that are easily found. But even worse, it is trying to make ones own willful ignorance seem like the truth. THat would make it an intentional misrepresentation - an effort to create a false report about someone.

For once I agree with Tom,most ignore and are willfully ignorant of the makeup of this man as president.

Most of us are products of our upbringing. We either turn our back on the values of mentors and friends and acquaintances or we continue to embrace them.

Obama has not shown any sign of turning his back on his upbringing.

Any president that would have said many things that Obama has would still be getting reamed by the media.

"My grandmother is a typical black person"

Imagine had Bush said "When those muslims get scared ,they cling to their koran and suicide bombers"

"The democrats can come along for the ride but they will have to sit in the back of the bus and shutup"

"I don't know any of the details but the homeowner acted stupidly"

Embraced a man like Jerimiah Wright. 20 years of that you either approve or agree with his venom.To say he had no idea is completely dishonest.No problem,it is Obama.Any father that would subject innocent,impressionable children,especially his own lacks a lot in the responsible father department.

His latest church attendance on Easter reflected the same mindset.

Those willfully ignorant may believe that the president of the US would be in attendance and be ignorant of this pastor's

ideology.I don't.

His "czar" appointments indicate a ideology that would not be tolerated from others.

Association with the likes of Bill Ayers should say a lot about willful ignorance.

Any other president that would surround himself with those that are self proclaimed communist and or have close ties to extremist ideas would have had a lot more negative press.

Any president that allowed so many confused stories concerning something as important as the removal of Bin Laden would have been tarred and feathered in the press. Obama is labeled a hero.

Obama has condemned Bush at every turn. He has followed and doubled down on most of Bush's policies. Maybe someone should ask him.

He went against his own drival as to the Miranda warning being given and trials for terrorists in New York.Shooting an unarmed man instead.

I thought there was a law against assainations and most do not deny that is what this was.

Maybe if Obama's toes were held to the fire on important issues the lack of trivia concerning this man would not be of much interest.

• Moderators

I'm really enjoying this discussion it's like playing a video game.

Einstein