ClubAdventist is back!

Other ministries

Restin

A lot has been said about independent ministries. You can glean quotes from Sister White in two long lists that favor either side: to belong to the GC, or not to belong.

I know E.G.White chose to stay in the GC after all the criticism she said. But she did not know what all the General Conference does now.

What I'm getting at is this: If a ministry chooses not to belong or pay tithe to the GC, but obeys the SOP, keeps the commandments, and has a powerful literature evangelism of the Three Angels message, are they rebels of God anyway?

• Administrators

Good question!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I work in an independent set of ministries that chooses to pass the tithe along to the conference even though it may go to undeserving people. Personally, I think the Lord asks for that much.

But the other traits mentioned are essential. And I personally don't think that God asks us to sacrifice for offerings going to undeserving ministries, GC or not.

James Brenneman