ClubAdventist is back!

Truck is Ill - Big Prayers Needed!

pindoc

Big Prayers, Please!

My little truck barely made it to work. (Grinding noise in front when I stop. Had brakes done ~1 yr ago, rotors turned, pads replaced, so I'm figuring it's structural.) Don't know how I'm getting home. Savings gone in last 3 months. Since Mom's death, still almost 3 hr commute every day, significant health problems myself, knee injury my first day back at work in March (possible scope surgery upcoming) - thus my plan to get more work in April did not happen. Even my plan to keep my baby emergency fund of $1k banked would not have done it, since I am 49 miles from home. NO, buses do NOT go there, never, don't exist. Terrified? Yes.

A loaned vehicle would be one bandage answer to prayer, too, if you are in the Portland, Oregon area.

Wow, here I have been having this spiritual crisis of sorts, anyway, that I haven't told anyone about yet - now you all know that much, and now this. Satan and Murphy just need to get out now.

Thanks for the prayers!

Pindoc

• Administrators

Prayer for you right away! Lifting up your urgency to God, for nothing fazes Him!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I have prayed for you pindoc. And since Gail has prayed too, I'm thinking help is probably on the way right now.

You say it makes a grinding noise when it stops? Maybe it will make it back home. Don't stop until you get there, unless you absolutely have to.

Keep us posted.

Thanks, Gail and RLH!

Yes, I am planning on waiting till after rush hour and driving home slowly and PRAYING HARD. Well, I will be doing the praying hard thing between now and then, too.

Swallowing my pride is REALLY hard, too. I am also praying hard about that, of course!

Pindoc

Finally called my aunt who is a couple hours away. Then I was brave enough to call my mechanic. Terry, whom I would trust implicitly as to what my vehicle does or does not need, thinks it does sound like a brake problem, since the noise is not constant and is braking related. Duh. I know, that sounds silly, but the noise was happening more and more all the way here, and it has only been a year and a half since those brakes were done, so I was concerned about it being structural. He suggested driving home carefully and then bringing it in. I told him I will be there first thing in the morning at 0800.

At least, a brake problem is not a truck killer or a deal or a bank breaker. It is a blessing, as Murphies are concerned. So, that is what I am praying for.

There is one answer to prayer! I am hoping for more tomorrow. Not to be greedy or anything. But hey, God said to ask!

Pindoc

• Members

Will add your troubles to our praylist

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thinking of you pindoc. Life is so hard. One thing God will do for you is to shed a few tears. I KNOW He's good for that.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Brake jobs don't last near as long as they used to. Different materials are used for brakes now. Everything the EPA does makes our lives a little harder, and our economy a little worse off. I wish that arm of the government could be snuffed out, but it never will be, until Jesus comes.