ClubAdventist is back!

Born on the wrong side of the fence.

I took the back way home a few years ago and saw a mother cow just about ready to drop her calf just at the edge of the pastures fence and never seeing this before so I stop my car within 12 feet of this birth. At the last moment the mother laid down just up to the fence, I stuck around until the calf was on it’s feet next to the mother. Now I wasn’t planning on getting my hands dirty but was committed to at least using my foot if necessary to keep them together, but do you know that at the fall of Adam you WILL was given into the hands of Satan to do his own pleasure jerking you around to cause misery & ruin? That is true, but hold on, there is good news.

“But the infinite sacrifice of God in giving Jesus, His beloved Son, to become a sacrifice for sin, enables Him to say, without violating one principle of His government: "Yield yourself up to Me; give Me that will; take it from the control of Satan, and I will take possession of it; then I can work in you to will and to do of My good pleasure." When He gives you the mind of Christ, your will becomes as His will, and your character is transformed to be like Christ's character. Is it your purpose to do God's will? Do you wish to obey the Scriptures? "If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me."

“There is no such thing as following Christ unless you refuse to gratify inclination and determine to obey God. It is not your feelings, your emotions, that make you a child of God, but the doing of God's will. A life of usefulness is before you if your will becomes God's will. Then you may stand in your God-given manhood, an example of good works. You will then help to maintain rules of discipline instead of helping to break them down. You will then help to maintain order instead of despising it and inciting to irregularity of life by your own course of action. I tell you in the fear of God: I know what you may be if your will is placed on the side of God. "We are laborers together with God." You may be doing your work for time and eternity in such a manner

that it will stand the test of the judgment. Will you try? Will you now turn square about? You are the object of Christ's love and intercession. Will you now surrender to God and help those who are placed as sentinels to guard the interests of His work, instead of causing them grief and discouragement?” 5T 515

[:"blue"]12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. [/] [:"green"] John 1: 12,13 [/]

If you have recieved Christ, then the right to become the child of God is God's will. If your desire is to be one of God's children, NO ONE can take that right from you. Not your friends, not Satan, not your parents, nor your pastor not even EGW...NO ONE....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I realize that there will always be opposition to the SOP when sins are rebuked [which is one of the DUTIES of a true prophet] but I see opposition even when everything the SOP says is as pure as the wind driven snow.

The entire world needs to know this, why should I with hold it?? I won't!

=======================================

"You will be in constant peril until you understand the true force of the will. You may believe and promise all things, but your promises or your faith are of no value until you put your will on the side of faith and action. If you fight the fight of faith with all your will power, you will conquer. Your feelings, your impressions, your emotions, are not to be trusted, for they are not reliable, especially with your perverted ideas; and the knowledge of your broken promises and your forfeited pledges weakens your confidence in yourself, and the faith of others in you.

But you need not despair. You must be determined to believe, although nothing seems true and real to you. I need not tell you it is you yourself that has brought you into this unenviable position. You must win back your confidence in God and in your brethren. It is for you to yield up your will to the will of Jesus Christ; and as you do this, God will immediately take possession and work in you to will and to do of His good pleasure. Your whole nature will then be brought under the control of the Spirit of Christ, and even your thoughts will be subject to Him. You cannot control your impulses, your emotions, as you may desire; but you can control the will, and you can make an entire change in your life. By yielding up your will to Christ, your life will be hid with Christ in God and allied to the power which is above all principalities and powers. You will have strength from God that will hold you fast to His strength; and a new life, even the life of living faith, will be possible to you. But your will must co-operate with God's will, not with the will of associates through whom Satan is constantly working to ensnare and destroy you." 5T 512

Quote:

I realize that there will always be opposition to the SOP when sins are rebuked [which is one of the DUTIES of a true prophet] but I see opposition even when everything the SOP says is as pure as the wind driven snow.

The entire world needs to know this, why should I with hold it?? I won't!

So, you view yourself as a prophet, Ed? If so, you have a long way to go before your rebukes even come close to hitting home.

Besides, I thought it was the HS job to convict of sin. By your insistance on me, and others, on viewing your rebukes prooves [to me, anyway]that you do not trust God to do His job. If you do not trust God, can your Christianity be called into question? I think so....

If you want to witness about God, then you need to share your testomony about what God has done for you. I can draw more bees to the hive by using honey, rather than manure water. And besides, Jesus said that if we lift Him up, more people will be drawn to Him than repulsed by Him....

Otherwise, if no one listens to your rebukes, can you honestly say that you were working for God?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Neil said this. "So, you view yourself as a prophet, Ed? If so, you have a long way to go before your rebukes even come close to hitting home."

=====================================

No, neither the son of a prophet! You know that & I know that. Dream on!

Years ago as a boy there was an old Adventist book that had a picture in it of a big snake that had swallowed one rabbit on one side of a field fence then crawled through half way and then swallowed another one, thus locking himself down until his digestive system kicked in to rid himself of those two lumps. What was the moral of that picture anyway? TOO greedy to spit one out? Don't bite off more than you can chew? Could the snake be waiting for a cow-polk on horeback to come riding by to give him a Henic maneuver and then bite him? No telling what is found in Adventist book anymore the way they measure success.