ClubAdventist is back!

relationship questions

yvnart11

• Members

I don't believe the Bible says anything about that.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

what do the bible say about having a serious relationship with a younger man (5 years younger)?what is your opinion....
Well; it all depends where you are coming from. And exactly what you mean by "serious relationship."

If you were in your mid-twenties, and doing this with a 13 or 14 year old, the Bible might have something to say about that kind of thing.

I got married when I was 36, and my wife was 8 years younger than me. Do you see the differences I am getting at?

We have been married now for 21 years. I am not so sure that it would be possible without consulting scripture all the way.

There is a verse which says "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it." Pro 10:22

If the Lord genuinely can bless what you are doing, by the counsel of His Word, then there would be "no sorrow" with it. That doesn't mean "if it feels good do it." It's talking about a level of commitment to do things God's way. He will "add no sorrow" to this kind of choice in your life.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Moderators

If you are both mature people, and follow general Scriptural principles,

I cannot see any problems.