ClubAdventist is back!

70 x 7

Truth Files

The time frame of all unfulfilled visionary prophecy is still future. All fulfilled prophecy presented in scripture has transpired through the end of the 69th week of the 70 weeks of years decreed for national Israel. A week of years is the Jewish “heptad”. Each year represents 360 literal prophetic days. This calculates to a 7 year period of time or 2,520 days. The 69 weeks of years represent a time period of 173,880 prophetic days or 483 years

This time frame began at the decree to return and build the city Jerusalem from the Babylonian captivity [under Persian rule] in 445 B.C. 483 prophetic years lapsed in about 33 A.D. and the Lord was then cut off at His first coming. There is one “heptad” (one 7 year period) remaining for the completion of the decreed amount of total time of 490 years and this 7 year period is still future. [Daniel 9; 12]

It is significant that the nation of unbelieving Israel is existing as an independent political entity in the land of Israel today after many centuries of domination by the Gentiles and exile from their land. They are there to experience the coming 70th week decreed for the nation which is still pending.

In Dan 9:1-5 we have the SEVENTY YEARS of Jeremiah's prophecy. No slicing and dicing it up so that the Jews remain in Babylon for 2000 years but we will call it "70".

Near the end of Dan 9 we have the SEVENTY WEEKS of YEARS - (490 years) -- no slicing an ddicing 490 years up so that they are scattered all throughout 1500 years of time.

What part of this is so difficult for one or two of our non-SDA friends to get?

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miz3

• Lysimachus

• John317

• Truth Files

Originally Posted By: miz3
Are you aware that Luther was not merely antisemitic but hated the Jews to the extent that he wanted them exterminated!

So what!? Before God used Paul, he hated Christians so bad that he was exterminating them himself! What's your point? (as usual)

Quote:
I understand from what I have heard that Hitler and the Nazis used Luther's works in this regard to justify their "Jewish Solution"!

I can't help but wonder what percentage of your beliefs are based on things that you "heard" somewhere.

Quote:
So much for your man of God!

So, Luther was not a man of God eh? Statements like these are the reason that most people, after reading about 2 of your posts, no longer pay you any attention. It becomes obvious rather quickly, that what we have here is our own resident troll.

Luther's most hateful writings concerning the Jews came more in his mature years (after his break with the RCC).

Paul's hateful time came before he was converted!

There is a big difference in the life of Paul and the life of Luther!

Thus, it is clearly arguable that Luther was NOT A MAN OF GOD WITH GREAT SPIRITUAL CREDENTIALS!

Like Lysimachus pointed out by "their fruit"!

Luther's "fruit" has some good but a whole lot of bad! Thus, Luther does not deserve the REVERENCE SDA give to him!

Luther never discovered the Sabbath truth either, but that doesn't make everything he did discover, by God's grace, wrong.

Abraham didn't know polygamy was wrong, but we know he's going to be ok.

Luther never discovered the Sabbath truth either, but that doesn't make everything he did discover, by God's grace, wrong.

Abraham didn't know polygamy was wrong, but we know he's going to be ok.

Luther is not the "SPIRITUAL GIANT" Lysimachus is trying to make him out to be!

That is my only point!

Lysimachus has elevated Luther the level of "Scripture" in order to make his points.

It is not my intention to denigrate or negate the correct things Luther did do! However, that does not mean that Luther is the "SPIRITUAL GIANT" Lysimachus makes him out to be!

Lysmachus is making Luther into an "SDA SAINT"! Which means "how dare you question what Luther has done or what Luther says"!

Luther is not the Scripture and never will be! Therefore Luther and what Luther stood for can be questioned!

Lysimachus wants us to just simply accept Luther and whatever "human saint" he wants to throw in the mix as being just as valid as Scripture!

I refuse to accept Lysimachus "saint list"!

That is all! You can stop defending Luther now!

Well put RHL!

As usual, miz3 refuses to wrestle with those points you gave him. He'll just wiggle and tiggle like a snake out in the grass, always trying to evade the truth. It is nauseating.

I don't care HOW anti-Semetic Luther was. He was a man of God. PERIOD. :)

He had things to learn, but he lived up to what he knew!

God used him to help us identify the Antichrist, and fuel the reformation!

~Lysimachus (Marcos S.)

Author of article, Vindicating the Year-Day Principle of Prophetic Interpretation (see attachment for article)
Currently writing a book, Vindicating the Historical School of Prophetic Interpretation
Founder of the largest and fastest SDA Apologetics Group on Facebook, Seventh-Day Adventism - Defending the Pillars of the Faith
Writer and apologetics contributor at Adventist Defense League

Vindicating the Year-Day Principle of Prophetic Interpretation.pdf

He was God's man for that time...make no mistake about it.

AMEN! thumbsup

~Lysimachus (Marcos S.)

Author of article, Vindicating the Year-Day Principle of Prophetic Interpretation (see attachment for article)
Currently writing a book, Vindicating the Historical School of Prophetic Interpretation
Founder of the largest and fastest SDA Apologetics Group on Facebook, Seventh-Day Adventism - Defending the Pillars of the Faith

Well put RHL!

As usual, miz3 refuses to wrestle with those points you gave him. He'll just wiggle and tiggle like a snake out in the grass, always trying to evade the truth. It is nauseating.

I don't care HOW anti-Semetic Luther was. He was a man of God. PERIOD. :)

He had things to learn, but he lived up to what he knew!

God used him to help us identify the Antichrist, and fuel the reformation!

However, Luther is not an "SDA SAINT"!

Luther is not Scripture!

Luther is not Scripture!

I never said Luther is an "SDA SAINT". I also never said Luther is Scripture.

What I did say, however, is that God lead many men like Luther to the pointed conviction of the identity of Antichrist. Their unanimous voices spoke with a great chorus during the reformation, and God's Spirit moved upon the minds of these men to all come to this UNANIMOUS conclusion.

If you can't see that God was in this, then that is very sad. I will not force you to believe what you don't want to believe.

But I'm convicted by the Spirit of God that what the Reformers concluded concerning the identity of Antichrist is in harmony with Sacred Writ.

~Lysimachus (Marcos S.)

Originally Posted By: miz3

Luther is not Scripture!

I never said Luther is an "SDA SAINT". I also never said Luther is Scripture.

What I did say, however, is that God lead many men like Luther to the pointed conviction of the identity of Antichrist. Their unanimous voices spoke with a great chorus during the reformation, and God's Spirit moved upon the minds of these men to all come to this UNANIMOUS conclusion.

If you can't see that God was in this, then that is very sad. I will not force you to believe what you don't want to believe.

But I'm convicted by the Spirit of God that what the Reformers concluded concerning the identity of Antichrist is in harmony with Sacred Writ.

Now you are taking a more moderate and more sensible tact. I cannot agree with everything but:

1. I agree God led these men to see the great horribleness of the RCC on many fronts.

2. God led these men to break from the grip of RCC unScriptural hold they had on the people!

3. I believe these men honestly believed that the RCC was the "antichrist". It would be most natural for them to see this satanic entity as such! However, their view of world was very limited!

4. I do not believe the RCC is the "antichrist". I believe the "antichrist" is much bigger, more insidious, and more dangerous than the RCC!

5. Does the RCC exhibit/have exhibited "antichrist" characteristics? YES! However, the RCC is just a small piece of "fruit" in the real "antichrist" system!

6. God used flawed men like Luther to bring the people back to a knowledge of God through the "Bible and the Bible" ONLY!

7. The SDA Church could have, and still can if she will change, play a vital role in bringing people back to God and what God has done for the human race! Bible and Bible only!

8. However, the arrogance that the SDA Church and the SDA Church alone is the "remnant" is the huge stumbling block that is preventing God from working mightily through the SDA Church!

The reason this is true is because SDA Church focus people on SDA Church and God is a "tag along" we use to legitimize ourselves!

The Gospel is JESUS CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED!

That's it!

SDA make the SDA Church and its remnant status the gospel. That is why we take such great pains to advocate the complexities of prophecy in order to show that we are the "great savior" in the "last days"!

We make it about us, instead of about God!

I wish that you and every SDA could see this and you would change and come back to Christ!

Stephen (of Acts) was stoned to death for speaking as I have just spoken when he spoke to the Jews of his day!