• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonny

• Dr. Shane

• Robert

• CoAspen

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in China. If China wants to make itself the next engineering capital of the world, they will do it. China has a determination that suspends belief. Haven't seen this in the United States in a long time. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen the determination of the Chinese in my own country, the US, in my entire lifetime.

But to understand this, you have to see China. The peasants are seeking a better life, a life like they have seen Americans have in the past fifty years. Additionally, the government knows that if it doesn't provide a strong economy for its people, then the government itself will fall.

From my several years here I don't see anything that suggests that the Chinese want to put Americans down.

>>From my several years here I don't see anything that suggests that the Chinese want to put Americans down.<<

Bless your forgiving eyes... bwink

"The doctrine of total war outlined in Unrestricted Warfare clearly demonstrates that the People’s Republic of China is preparing to confront the United States and our allies by conducting "asymmetrical" or multidimensional attacks on almost every aspect of our social, economic and political life." (as set forth in the book

Unrestricted Warfare: China's Master Plan to Destroy America

authors -- Quiao Liang and Wang Xiangsiu)

Should China actually engage us (which is almost a certainty) in "asymmetrical" warfare - it is probable that we will apply the euphemism -

'Great Red Dragon'

to it. :(

I have heard that one doesn't want to be in a Chinese-built building during a natural disaster.
LOL; try welding with Chinese steel; then try it with Canadian or American made!

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

I live in China. If China wants to make itself the next engineering capital of the world, they will do it. China has a determination that suspends belief. Haven't seen this in the United States in a long time. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen the determination of the Chinese in my own country, the US, in my entire lifetime.

But to understand this, you have to see China. The peasants are seeking a better life, a life like they have seen Americans have in the past fifty years. Additionally, the government knows that if it doesn't provide a strong economy for its people, then the government itself will fall.

From my several years here I don't see anything that suggests that the Chinese want to put Americans down.

Perhaps American pride prevents us from remembering Japan's phenomenal rise-and takeover- of America...

We buy Japanese because....

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

We buy Japanese because....

Nothing is wrong with trading with Japan. For one they don't mistreat their own people. Two, they don't have a Communist regime. Three, we have fair trade with them. And fourth, they give Americans good paying jobs.

Sonny's overall analysis is good. Textiles, furniture, heavy manufacturing have all moved offshore - same corporate owners but cheap Chinese, Taiwanese, Indian, Sri Lankin labour. Dirt cheap. Mexico could be an exception because it's one third of NAFTA (the North American 'Free Trade' Agreement.) Now the jobs have left...it was planned this way by the trade junkets of the 1990s - politicians would travel to foreign countries with a contingent of top business leaders to seek out 'opportunities'. It made little sense at the time. All voices said this was 'good for both countries.'

Prime Minister Chretien tours Asia with Canadian business leaders. They are making contacts to produce widgets and cars and refrigerators. Contracts are signed, big smiles, photos. 'The trade mission was a success'. Canadian owners will supply the factory tooling and management team, China has the labour force.

Back home, the Ontario plants can be closed. Same for Michigan, Tennesee, etc. Mass unemployment results.

Does this benefit Canadians? Yes, some - the small handful who moved their production to China - but they were already millionaires. Now they have much higher profit margins. Meanwhile, thousands of well-paying jobs are lost here at home.

• Members

Sonny's overall analysis is good. Textiles, furniture, heavy manufacturing have all moved offshore - same corporate owners but cheap Chinese, Taiwanese, Indian, Sri Lankin labour. Dirt cheap. Mexico could be an exception because it's one third of NAFTA (the North American 'Free Trade' Agreement.) Now the jobs have left...it was planned this way by the trade junkets of the 1990s - politicians would travel to foreign countries with a contingent of top business leaders to seek out 'opportunities'. It made little sense at the time. All voices said this was 'good for both countries.'

Prime Minister Chretien tours Asia with Canadian business leaders. They are making contacts to produce widgets and cars and refrigerators. Contracts are signed, big smiles, photos. 'The trade mission was a success'. Canadian owners will supply the factory tooling and management team, China has the labour force.

Back home, the Ontario plants can be closed. Same for Michigan, Tennesee, etc. Mass unemployment results.

Does this benefit Canadians? Yes, some - the small handful who moved their production to China - but they were already millionaires. Now they have much higher profit margins. Meanwhile, thousands of well-paying jobs are lost here at home.

Good points Gordon, and to add to that the prices have not gone down, they have only gone up. So now instead of making a 300% profit they are making a 1000% profit.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Right pkrause.

These trade missions to China started in earnest a couple of decades ago. By 2001 the "Team Canada" trip included almost 600 businessmen and numerous Cdn. politicians. They all saw the profit potential.

Now Dollar Stores & WalMarts are everywhere. Day by day the concentration of wealth is funneled from the masses to the businees owners. But the masses are losing their jobs and the model is unsustainable. The west falls into poverty, even a form of slavery. The government uses the public coffers to bail out the billionaire bankers. Maybe the $700 Billion bailout could have been distributed to the needy lower classes. Much would be wasted, but people would eat. The bankers already have full refrigerators.

Because of the exploding U.S. trade deficit, every single month far more wealth goes out of the United States than comes into it. Every single month more good jobs and more factories leave our shores never to return. America was once the greatest industrial power on the globe, but today the U.S. is being deindustrialized at a staggering pace. Every single month state and local governments go even deeper into debt. Every single month the U.S. government goes even deeper into debt. Today, the total of all consumer, business and government debt in the United States is equivalent to approximately 360 percent of GDP. At no point during the Great Depression did we ever even come close to such a level.

Originally Posted By: Robert
Thanks

Robert...is that you? hiya

Yes....John has allowed me back. From now on Moderators will be viewed differently from my perspective. I think Paul wrote of them in Romans chapter 13. Here's my version:

4 For [the moderator] is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for [the moderator] does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.

Robert

• Moderators

...Yes....John has allowed me back. From now on Moderators will be viewed differently from my perspective. I think Paul wrote of them in Romans chapter 13. Here's my version:

4 For [the moderator] is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for [the moderator] does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.

Great post, Robert.

Hey, where's that Johnny and that Sonny? LOL

By the way, I just found out that I wasn't supposed to let you back on the threads under those other names. I was supposed to kick you off, but I thought I would let you stay under the name of Sonny if you obeyed the rules, and you did better, so I decided it was OK.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Robert

That's deep.

Originally Posted By: Robert

Robert

That's deep.

There's a bit of truth in that quote....I might not agree with all the moderators' views, but without them we have anarchy.

• Members

Yes its good to have you back Rob.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}