ClubAdventist is back!

Thoughts on the forum, and the future..

Stan

• Moderators

I definitely agree that looking at Christ is the ultimate solution for *all* our problems, LHC. My suggestion to look in the mirror, though, is prompted by the fact that everyone posting here, with the exception of cardw, *claims* to be looking at Christ. And yet...

Truth is important

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Twilight II

• Bravus

• teresaq

• LifeHiscost

• Moderators

In other words, maybe looking in the mirror might at least initially reveal to ourselves our need of Christ. Or perhaps we all just need to look harder at Christ: I freely concede that I do.

Truth is important

• Administrators

:like:

Yes, I agree. That is the solution.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Stan, I think this forum is excellent JUST LIKE IT IS. It is spiritually nourishing to me in a large way! Please don't change ANYTHING.

I'm an artist, I look at my stuff every day and risk analyzing it too much from seeing it so often...just have to change this or that, when actually it may be just right as it is. So, please just stay with us like you have been. That's my opinion. grouphug

• Members

I definitely agree that looking at Christ is the ultimate solution for *all* our problems, LHC. My suggestion to look in the mirror, though, is prompted by the fact that everyone posting here, with the exception of cardw, *claims* to be looking at Christ. And yet...

Excellent point Bravus.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Stan, I think this forum is excellent JUST LIKE IT IS. It is spiritually nourishing to me in a large way! Please don't change ANYTHING.

I'm an artist, I look at my stuff every day and risk analyzing it too much from seeing it so often...just have to change this or that, when actually it may be just right as it is. So, please just stay with us like you have been. That's my opinion. grouphug

Discussions like this are handy but in all the years I don't think this place has changed that much. People come and go and the spirit of the place goes up and down.

It's alwats nice to see you here, Restin!

Group hugs are always nice!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

there are very folks who view themself as confrontational, most view themself as being more conversational.

How weird is that?

I am confrontational needing to learn to be conversational.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• Administrators

teresaq, we all have our moments. I kinda like your style!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

How kind of you. :)

Yes, I would like to keep the good aspects of "my style" while killing the bad aspects of it. 'Course now that is all in the eyes of the beholder, all too sadly to say. :(

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• Administrators

Why do some threads give the [Re: -----] accurately, and others point to the op?

It all depends on the way you reply. The quote options enclose the post in a box, and if you use the "quick reply" box under the post it is set to reply to the op.

In a way, this place is a mirror where we can see ourselves by receiving feedback on our ideas. Sometimes I go on and on about something, but should stuff it and let it rest. It's so much easier to see the little picture, the negative, even though the big picture is overwhelmingly positive.

heavenlysanctuary.com has positive/negative numerical ratings that display along with the user ID. That seems like a good tool to see how other members are reacting to our posts.

I didn't realize Truth Files was dumping material that he didn't write. I didn't read very much of it anyway, but looking at other's viewpoints can be helpful. I don't really care for seemingly hostile or testosterone-charged exchanges, but I don't have to read them. It's a curse, the "I'm right and you're wrong" or the “I have the Truth and you don’t” mentality that's so easy to fall into.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

The issue about whether moderators must be orthodox was discussed in exhaustive (and exhausting) detail in relation to the Origins forum here: http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthread...html#Post245590

(it's confounded somewhat because it focuses on me as an individual rather than unorthodox moderators in general)

One upshot of that discussion was that, while having orthodox moderators might be ideal, they're not exactly lining up for this difficult, thankless, unpaid labor...

I'm very happy to stand aside from all moderatorial duties as soon as a qualified orthodox replacement is found.

(that would have the added bonus of enabling me to use 'Ignore'...)

Bravus; I'd like to stop you here if I may. I disagree with what you say/propose here.

Although you and i have had our differences, I would still say that I feel you have some very important things to contribute here, and that you do an excellent job as moderator. I would hope that a replacement is never found for you. :like:

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

looking for feedback on questions like the following..

What makes a forum adventist?

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

In other words, maybe looking in the mirror might at least initially reveal to ourselves our need of Christ. Or perhaps we all just need to look harder at Christ: I freely concede that I do.

:like:

Perhaps we need to look in the mirror, admit our need, then cease to gaze. Could it be that when we cease to gaze at ourselves we sometimes fail to remember our need as a result of failing to turn our eyes on Jesus?

"And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”"John 12:32 NKJV

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Sometimes I go on and on about something, but should stuff it and let it rest.

I relate.

Confession is good for the soul. Not referring especially to you, Aliensanctuary.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Not sure I see this forum as a place for evangelism.

I do see it as a online community for Adventists to create a strategy on how WE CAN MAKE that can happen.

We, like our flesh and blood community are a diverse people. Various walks of life, various demographics etc etc.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

There is outreach where we reach out to the community and unbelievers and minister to them.

Then there is inreach where we reach into the membership on the church rolls and minister to them.

I see this forum doing more inreach than outreach and both are equally important.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Where is that "ban" button? lol

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Dear Stan:

I have enjoyed this forum until now. When moderator starts a topic and proposes a question and then a reply is given which is precisely "on topic" and contains Bible verses and Ellen G. White quotes and the Moderator deletes the Ellen G. White quotes that he or she does not like which are precisely "on topic", should this be tolerated on this forum?

grw

• Moderators

The moderator was Teresaq (sda).

You might want to send a PM to the moderator.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

And so I prefer to find those posts that the moderator does like and learn from them as in the example I posted above.

Then If after seeing the successful example - you still do not agree with that sort of post - well then no need to keep posting on that particular moderator's forum.

That way they can run it however they please.

However on this particular thread - Bravus asks us to consider the influence that moderators have and whether an Adventist board should have moderators that actually accept Adventist doctrine.

I simply pointed out the huge impact that any given moderator can choose to have on their area of the board - coloring it according to whatever style/flavor/whim that they wish. It is just how things are.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.