ClubAdventist is back!

Non-SDA Speakers banned?

lazarus

Just like the evil doer and a third of the angels made a choice. When this earth is all said and done and the plan is fully finished, the promise is there will be no more sin. But we will STILL have a choice, through out eternity. We will always have a choice here on earth as well. It IS written in our heart, His grace is sufficient, we CAN overcome and live a perfect life in His sight. At some point, when our personal probation closes, that choice will be forever fixed in our heart and our mind, even the thought of sin won't occur to us anymore.

The reason sin will never enter again is because every living creature in heaven, the created worlds, on earth have seen the end results of sin. Every creature has made their choice, some to eternal death, some to eternal life. The Lord will not allow any who would EVER put at risk the eternal happiness of heaven to survive. Only those who have decidely, once and for all eternity, to be on God's side will survive.

It is a given we are only held accountable for that which we know. But consider this, we are also held accountable for that which we COULD have known! We might have blown off the opportunity to know and understand, refused to study the issue, buried it so it wouldn't bother us anymore. That's no different than if we HAD known!

This Pastor has clearly been given "light" on the Sabbath issue. Only God knows his heart, whether he could or should have known and accepted the truth, or if he has rejected it. Perhaps he is "struggling" with it? Meanwhile, he's leading a lot of people astray, we have a duty to make the truth plain and simple, in love, to him and to his people. If God can't speak to him in blessings received, He will speak to him in blessings removed. Refusing to let him speak to an SDA gathering is driving home the point. It will be a sore issue with him and his people. Some may see the light, others may harden their hearts, that is between them and the Lord. Our duty is to hold the banner high, and leave the results to the One who has paid the price for our salvation.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• teresaq

• ClubV12

• LifeHiscost

This "independant" group your post mentions? Millerites, not Seventh day Baptists. Following the Great Disapointment they also accepted the Investigative Judgment doctrine. It was THIS group, of Millerites, who preached, published and caught the attention of James and Ellen White.

Before William Miller there was a Catholic Priest who concluded the 2,300 year prophecy was about to end. This in the early 1800's. He was excommunicated for his preaching on the issue.

Before that, those Sabbath Keepers of the 1400's? They also identified the Catholic church as the beast of Revelation!

God has always had a people who kept and preached the Sabbath and looked forward to His soon coming. Seventh-day Adventists have existed since Adam and Eve and never, not once in all the history of time, have they ever ceased to exist. They were scattered, persecuted, forced into isolation but never terminated, nor will they ever be.

announceannounce

:like:

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

John317 #467649 -

The reason why it is so necessary to read the Scripture for ourselves as much or more than receiving the Bread of Heaven

pre-masticated by others.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:

Satan takes the control of every mind that is not decidedly under the control of the Spirit of God. {TM 79}

We shall encounter false claims; false prophets will arise; there will be false dreams and false visions; but preach the Word, be not drawn away from the voice of God in His Word. Let nothing divert the mind. The wonderful, the marvelous, will be represented and presented. Through satanic delusions, wonderful miracles, the claims of human agents will be urged. Beware of all this. {2SM 49.1}

Christ has given warning, so that none need accept falsehood for truth. The only channel through which the Spirit operates is that of the truth. . . . Our faith and hope are founded, not in feeling, but in God.--Letter 12, 1894. {2SM 49.2}

:like: God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I followed the subsequent videos and came to the conclusion that TD Jakes preaches that any day one can rest and the seventh day has no more importance than any other day for the purpose of spiritual worship and rest. I would have been interested in what he made of this Word from Hebrews.

"Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world."underlined, bold mine LHC

Hebrews 4:8-10 NLT

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
we need to be aware of issues being larger than just Adventist and non-Adventist.

I have not known an Adventist that excluded other individual people from the body of Christ, even those people who worship in congregations that teach doctrine contrary to the Word, such as believing one goes straight to heaven upon death.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
Take up no remark that they may make, but repeat the rich promises of God, which are yea and amen in Christ Jesus. We are never to catch up the words that human lips may speak to confirm the evil angels in their work, but we should repeat the words of Christ.--
Letter 46, 1909. {2MCP 504.505} {3 SM 410}

announceannounceannounce

That is a principle necessary in meeting any lie.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
"

Let's be realistic. WE don't need preachers in our church who are "wrestling" with the question of whether to live in open violation of God's commandments. "

Makes a lot of sense to me.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Whether you realize it or not, there are many Christians today who believe it is OK to break God's law, or willfully disobey the Ten Commandments.

It's the concept that faith in Christ releases us from obedience to the moral law of God. It's a popular belief today--- the doctrine that the Sabbath was nailed to the cross.

The Seventh-day Adventist Church was raised up by God at this time of history for the purpose of exalting the downtrodden law of God.

Daniel 7: 10-13 shows that the work of the little-horn power was to trample the truth and the law of God into the dust. AS SDAs, God has assigned us the work of reversing the evil done by that power.

The protestant churches in spiritual Babylon are working hand in hand with the little-horn power.

announceannounceannounceannounce

It does seem important to recognize that many in those churches are deceived, even as Eve was deceived. It didn't stop the damage and hurt, but it does reveal a different heart condition.

Our Father redeemed them both, but the hurt goes on.

Lift Jesus up!!

Thank you, CV. May God bless you as richly as I pray that He will bless me.
Originally Posted By: ClubV12
teresaq(sda), I find your holier than thou attitude as rude as your cut and paste posting.

These repetitive answers seem designed to wind the person they are addressed to up...

What is your purpose in responding like this?

What we have to remember, is that no matter how popular this man is, no matter how appealling some of his messages are...

...He is still in Babylon and has not come out.

Because of that, he should not be allowed on the podium of an SDA church.

When an Adventist invites a Christian into their home, they are inviting them into their "paradigm".

There are many things we still need to learn as Adventists.

We are not the overcomers we should be.

And we should learn from other Christians and be open to listen.

But the minute they touch one of the absolute truths of God and diminish it, either through intent or ignorance, we should step away from that imposition on Gods Word.

Mark :-)

Amen!!

Well said. I'm of the same opinion. This no reflection on our Lord's ability to save these individuals. Much to do with His desire to protect those still in the valley of decision, who are very susceptible to false teachings that can lead away from the will of God.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

I followed the subsequent videos and came to the conclusion that TD Jakes preaches that any day one can rest and the seventh day has no more importance than any other day for the purpose of spiritual worship and rest. I would have been interested in what he made of this Word from Hebrews.

"Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world."underlined, bold mine LHC

Hebrews 4:8-10 NLT

God blesses! peace

But did you notice that he was preaching on Sunday and I would bet that he would not have church on any of the days other than Sunday. there is nothing wrong with meeting with God or having God in your life everyday of the week. We should always walk with the Lord everyday of the week. But always know that the Seventh Day is the Sabbath.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Good point. I often hear people claim that all days are the same and they worship God every day, yet they invariably select Sunday as the day for going to church.

When I've pointed that out, their answer is usually that it's because everyone is there on Sunday, so if they went on another day, they'd be all alone.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

Good point. I often hear people claim that all days are the same and they worship God every day, yet they invariably select Sunday as the day for going to church.

When I've pointed that out, their answer is usually that it's because everyone is there on Sunday, so if they went on another day, they'd be all alone.

I would than say to them, well if you went on the Sabbath you would find many that are worshiping. :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

So......at our last local Pastor's meeting we had a non-denominational Pastor come and share information about how his church does pre-marital counseling. It was a very comprehensive, thorough, and biblical approach. Of course we only received a snapshot of what their ministry does but we were inspired by what their church is doing for couples.

I have found that in the area of counseling, addictions, and dealing with practical spiritual issues non-SDA's are often "streets" ahead. That's why I have no reservation about asking a non-SDA Pastor or other such individual coming to talk to my people.

I have been involved in many situations where non-SDA speakers have spoken to SDA Pastors on spiritual matters and found their message spot on, Biblically. This is usually becasue they are invited to speak on topics/issues that do not pertain to the distinctive areas of SDA doctrine.

We going to a couples weekend in October with non-SDA presenters. Looking forward to it, not because it's not-SDA but becasue I have been told it's an excellent weekend. Great Spiritual perspectives i'm told.

I wouldn't invite Jakes to talk about Sabbath, the Three Angels Message or the the Second Coming but certainly would invite him to speak to an audience of men at a men's ministry event perhaps.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

And you know what is in everyones heart?????

Quote:
But then they are not worshipping God as their Creator...

Think I might have some personal dialogue first before making such a statement!!

• Moderators

Christians of past generations observed the Sunday, supposing that in so doing they were keeping the Bible Sabbath, and there are now true Christians in every church, not excepting the Roman Catholic communion, who honestly believe that Sunday is the Sabbath of divine appointment. God accepts their sincerity of purpose and their integrity before him.

Ellen White

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I do think it's fair to say those who keep Sunday have a limited understanding of the creation, compared to those who understand the significance of the true Sabbath.

It's like most everyone can appreciate and love the beauty of nature and many can see the handiwork of God in it. But I do believe Christians have an extra appreciation for the works of God in nature, even more so when they fully understand the creation events.

All of us see through a glass darkly, some are looking through very dark welders goggles with an exceedingly dim view, others through polarized sun glasses. The closer we draw to Jesus the clearer our vision becomes. :)

And you know what is in everyones heart?????

Quote:
But then they are not worshipping God as their Creator...

Think I might have some personal dialogue first before making such a statement!!

Not by the standard God set.

If you really want to worship God as your Creator, then the Sabbath Day is non-negotiable...

Because that is how God has defined how we should worship Him.

Anything else, either in ignorance or by intention, is not true worship of the Creator.

Nothing to do with the "heart", everything to do with the simple biblical truth of the Sabbath.