ClubAdventist is back!

Please pray that the Lord will intervene in my marriage.

EK in NC

Please pray for my family. I'm staring divorce in the face and I've been putting off some painful decisions that will have to be made very soon. I'm praying that my wife will find the Lord and that He will soften her heart towards me. Also, that He will help me to be compassionate and understanding towards my wife.

But,the Lord knows the beginning from the end. If He sees that it would be best for my marriage to end, I pray for the strength and faith, to make it through this mess.

• Moderators

Welcome to Club Adventist Forum, Ernie. Yes, we will pray about your situation. In fact, I've already prayed for you and your wife, and I know that God is answering.

We know God hates divorce and that He wants us to work through our problems so that we don't need to divorce. It's very rare that divorce is the best and only solution. I'm just praying that God will give you wisdom and open your heart towards your wife and the heart of your wife towards you so that God's will may be done.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Administrators

God knows your pain. I lift you up in prayer, that whatever befalls the both of you that His will would be done and that God would work powerfully for the good of both.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Will put you and family on our pray list.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

There is hope Eric. What are the issues?

Feel free to email me gcwagoner@earthlink.net if you would like to discuss solutions. Prayer sent.

gcw

director

One Achord Counseling Ministries

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

But,the Lord knows the beginning from the end. If He sees that it would be best for my marriage to end, I pray for the strength and faith, to make it through this mess.

I don't pretend to know what might be God's best answer for the resolution to your marital status, EK in NC. I've been through it myself and have to admit the end results might have been different had I been more mature at an earlier age. While God does hate divorce, I'm satisfied the major reason is because of the lingering pain, with damage in every corner, that results from the breakdown of what God meant to last forever.

It seems good to remember, there was a divorce in heaven in which the final solution was not reconciliation. My past partner is now a Jehovah's Witness, while by God's grace, my present wife and I are living together in our 34th year of happiness together, both seeing Jesus as the primary reason for our continuing happiness. I believe the major reason to be, before wedding this last time, I asked God to make the final decision for me before wedding.

You have our prayers for God's guidance and wisdom, with hope for reconciliation that will draw you both closer to God's eternal will for your life.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for your prayers. A special thank you to olger for taking the time to converse and offer guidance through emails.

Please continue to pray for my family. There seems to be a small ray of hope for our marriage. I ask that the Lord would open my heart and mind to His guidance. I also ask that He would touch my wifes heart so that she would seek His will.

• Administrators

Shall we cling to the small ray of hope? Sometimes that's how it can start! Praise God for the one small ray!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Will continue to pray. Praise the Lord for that small ray of hope.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 2 weeks later...

Marriage and divorce are so hard. But He listens when we call to Him. Turn everything over to Him and He will lead the way. God bless you and your wife.

Thank you all for your prayers. A special thank you to olger for taking the time to converse and offer guidance through emails.

Please continue to pray for my family. There seems to be a small ray of hope for our marriage. I ask that the Lord would open my heart and mind to His guidance. I also ask that He would touch my wifes heart so that she would seek His will.

Hey Eric, welcome to the forum...Just want you to know there is a canadian praying for you, your wife, and your marriage. As long as there is life, there is hope in Christ; I praise the Lord for this one small ray of hope that you have mentioned.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• 3 weeks later...

I will be praying. I know our God is able, even if we cannot see how it could work out. If both are drawing closer to Jesus, it doesn't matter how far apart you are at the beginning, you will both be closer to each other as you grow up into Christ and draw nearer to Him. I hear you are asking for the Lord to soften each of you in regards to thoughts and attitudes towards the other, so I will lift that up in prayer. Blessings!