ClubAdventist is back!

Should Adventist become Isolationists?

Stan

Paul himself talked in a way to the Athenians on Mars Hill that was different from the way He spoke to fellow believers.

Your argument would mean Christ Himself was hypocritical or two-faced, since he frequently talked differently to his disciples than he did to "non-believers." Christ is our role-model in the way he taught the people.

Ellen White also spoke differently to non-SDAs than she did to SDAs, and she recommended that we not say some things to non-SDAs that are perfectly legimately to say to fellow SDAs. In fact, she wrote some books specifically for non-SDAs because she realized that they would not understand the other writings.

Your kind of reasoning would also mean that we wouldn't want to talk about the "Investigative Judgment" around other SDAs since we don't use the term with non-SDAs, who have no understanding of it. It would also mean we don't talk to each other about Ellen White's writings, since we don't talk about her statements to non-SDAs.

This kind of reasoning is attractive to people who dislike referring to the SDA church as "the Remnant church," but by making such an argument, they would have us believe Ellen White was mistaken to use the expression-- as well as others-- in reference to the SDA church.

:like:

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Well, Should Adventist become Isolationists? I am hearing more and more of this attitute.

Thoughts?

God has given us a message for the world, we should be an example and preach the gospel.

Matthew 5:16

(16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 28:19

(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Galatians 3:29

(29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.