ClubAdventist is back!

What is the truth about God's law?

Overaged

Quote:
The law of God existed before man was created. It was adapted to the condition of holy beings; even angels were governed by it. After the fall, the principles of righteousness were unchanged. Nothing was taken from the law; not one of its holy precepts could be improved. And as it has existed from the beginning, so will it continue to exist throughout the ceaseless ages of eternity. "Concerning thy testimonies," says the psalmist, "I have known of old that thou hast founded them forever (ST April 15, 1886). {1BC 1104.2}

We are told here that His law has always existed, that even angels were/are governed by it.

And yet; Jesus says: Mat_22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

If the Bible is true; and if the spirit of prophecy is true; which I believe they are, how would the seventh commandment fare in heaven? How could it be applied? Would it be needed?

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Quote:
The law of God existed before man was created. It was adapted to the condition of holy beings; even angels were governed by it. After the fall, the principles of righteousness were unchanged. Nothing was taken from the law; not one of its holy precepts could be improved. And as it has existed from the beginning, so will it continue to exist throughout the ceaseless ages of eternity. "Concerning thy testimonies," says the psalmist, "I have known of old that thou hast founded them forever (ST April 15, 1886). {1BC 1104.2}

We are told here that His law has always existed, that even angels were/are governed by it.

And yet; Jesus says: Mat_22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

If the Bible is true; and if the spirit of prophecy is true; which I believe they are, how would the seventh commandment fare in heaven? How could it be applied? Would it be needed?

That is a good question I often wondered that myself, since the law is a transcript of the character of Christ then it may be about being like Christ. Here are some texts maybe they can help us understand more

Deuteronomy 7:9

(9) Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Ephesians 5:25

(25) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Galatians 3:29

(29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.