ClubAdventist is back!

What does Sorrow for Sin look like on Denver?

BobRyan

great point!

i love dogs

love seeing emotional intelligence

he knows he dissapointed his master

would he do it again?

absalutely

maybe

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

• Administrators

LOL!

Our Weimaraner heads to the kennel as soon as she knows WE know. I have no doubt that dogs know they're in trouble!

Us (picking up pieces of dead remote): What happened here?!

Spooky slinks away to the kennel...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

My little dog, when a puppy, ate my $2,000 hearing aid! I was months getting over that, but he's so cute, what could I say? Dogs are a lot like having a two year olds around. Gotta keep stuff out of their reach and watch 'em like a hawk. :)

• Administrators

My little dog, when a puppy, ate my $2,000 hearing aid! I was months getting over that, but he's so cute, what could I say? Dogs are a lot like having a two year olds around. Gotta keep stuff out of their reach and watch 'em like a hawk. :)

Yeah, ours did, too... only got both of them, to the tune of $5,000. I'm glad we're not the only ones! Thankfully for my husband he was due for a new set anyway from our extended medical.

We see hearing aids- they see Crackerjacks.

What kind of dog do you have? How old is it now?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

LOL!

Our Weimaraner heads to the kennel as soon as she knows WE know. I have no doubt that dogs know they're in trouble!

Us (picking up pieces of dead remote): What happened here?!

Spooky slinks away to the kennel...

We have two silk-black cats only "allowed" in the sun room and in the breakfast room where there are wood floors (Kitchen) and tile (Sun room). No rugs. So when we go into some other part of the house where there is carpet they are not supposed to follow us - and usually know to "be good".

But sometimes, on occassion they "choose evil".

All we have to do is ask "Is there a cat in this room?" and off they go back to the kitchen.

They know they are doing wrong - but choose to do it anyway.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

My little dog is a Jack Russel and my big dog (about twice the size) is mixed breed rescue from the pound. Kimmo and Piko, good hawaiian names. They both are about 6 or 7. They were SO funny the first time they saw snow here in the mainland, stepping in it and then trying to shake it off their paws, then stepping in it again. Hilarious.

• Administrators

I wonder how accountable we are to God for the neglect and abuse that these dumb (mute) creatures endure at the hands of mankind, especially when they are domesticated and dependent on people for their survival.

I don't think that the animals know they have done "wrong," only that they have made their owners unhappy, and may receive retribution.

The white lab is unnusually intelligent - they react and are much more aware of what is going on with their surrounding and their masters than many other animals.

Ellen White speaks of animals having love for their owners that in some cases surpasses the love that humans show for animals.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Moderators

You're right, Bob. My dog's love for me is unconditional, even when I accidentally step on her foot or shut her tail in the door.

My dogs, in general, have a "please the Missus at any cost" attitude, but I know they have also had an idea that "what she doesn't know won't hurt her," which is why I find a warm spot on the forbidden sofa in the morning, while she pretends to have slept in her bed all night.

LD