ClubAdventist is back!

Do others tire of history

Stan

I don't know about others, but I've immersed myself into understanding more about Adventist history in particular.

My theory is: What we went through in the past will return in the future. So knowing our history will make it easier to determine controversy that is sure to come in the future. An attempt to actually learn from history!

... not to mention the bible is one big history book!

• Administrators

I like history, in that if you study the events and the hows and whys contained there, it really comes alive with lessons for us today :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Meaning living in the past, ie what someone in the Church said or thought in 1950, in WW2, in 1916 in 1888? etc etc

Nope! There is enough contoversey with what is being said today, let alone the past.

peace

• Administrators

Now LIVING in the past... to the point where one can no longer relate to today's world?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

I love history, all kinds of history-- but especially biblical and SDA history. I think it's essential to understand how God has led not only in the history of our church, but also in our families and in our own lives.

I don't consider it living in the past, though. History enriches the present and helps to illuminate the future.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Administrators

All written history is biased, do you agree?

I mean, if a books list a series of dates, then it would be completely objective, but that is boring.