ClubAdventist is back!

What's the latest on Jeris Bragan?

olger

• Members

Last I knew is that he did get out a while ago. And if I'm not mistaken he's been writing for our magazines, even before he was released.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Members

Did he get converted in prison, or was he already SDA?

If I'm not mistaken he already was an Adventist.

phkrause

• Members

Thanks pk. And he didn't do the murder?

Yes, according to him, needless to say I believe him. And not because he's an adventist. I have his book "Beyond Prison Walls" its really good. Its been many years since I've read it. I probably should read it again to recall all the details. :)

phkrause

• Moderators

He was SDA before he was convicted of murder. Then he was released until he was convicted again at his second trial. While he was out, he appeared on 3abn and told his story.

I haven't heard that he was released since his second conviction. I would think that if he was released he would have appeared on 3abn again.

Does anyone here know for sure?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

He was SDA before he was convicted of murder. Then he was released until he was convicted again at his second trial. While he was out, he appeared on 3abn and told his story.

I haven't heard that he was released since his second conviction. I would think that if he was released he would have appeared on 3abn again.

Does anyone here know for sure?

From what I gather from just skimming the leaflet on the cover he was released in 1992. Have not heard that he has been put back into prison since than. But can't say for sure.

phkrause

• Moderators

This is unrelated to the murder charge. It concerns his earlier conviction for illegal wiretapping.

Quote:
Jeris E. Bragan, a private detective, appeals from his conviction of violating provisions of the Omnibus Crime Control Act pertaining to wiretapping and wiretap devices, 18 U.S.C. 2511 and 2512

http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F2/499/499.F2d.1376.73-2066.html

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

From what I gather from just skimming the leaflet on the cover he was released in 1992. Have not heard that he has been put back into prison since than. But can't say for sure.

I think 1992 was before his second trial, pk. Does it say anything about his second trial?

I know that he had a second trial sometime in the middle to late 90s, and that he was convicted at that trial. I don't know what happened to him after that.

• Moderators

Doesn't Jeris Bragan say that he took the blame for the murder of a business partner because he believed his wife actually committed the crime?

That's what I seem to recall but since I never read his book, I don't know any of the details.

• Members

This is unrelated to the murder charge. It concerns his earlier conviction for illegal wiretapping.

Quote:
Jeris E. Bragan, a private detective, appeals from his conviction of violating provisions of the Omnibus Crime Control Act pertaining to wiretapping and wiretap devices, 18 U.S.C. 2511 and 2512

http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F2/499/499.F2d.1376.73-2066.html

By just skimming the book a little, I believe it is related. He does mention that the prosecutors had it in for him. So maybe its from this charge of wire tapping. Like I mentioned to Richard I probably need to reread the book.

phkrause

• Moderators

Sure did, and convicted both times. That's a fact.

What I'm trying to do now is find out whether he is still in prison after that second conviction.

• Members

...never heard of the guy or the case, sounds horrible what ever it is!

He was convicted of murdering his working partner. They were private eyes.

phkrause

Speculation is that his wife killed the guy and he's taking the rap for it?

offtopic

BTW, ClubV12, your signature needs some expaining, IMO.

Righteousness by faith, simple as ABC.

The acronymn ABC refers to Ask, Believe, Claim. When those are put into practice, the works come as a natural outworking of the inward presence of Jesus through the Holy Spirit.

"To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colossians 1:27 NKJV backtopic

Pardon the interruption.

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

Speculation is that his wife killed the guy and he's taking the rap for it?

You mean "took" the rap. I don't buy that, and really haven't heard that either.

phkrause

• Moderators

After Bragan was released in 1992, he became the interim pastor of the SDA church in Jackson, Tennessee. During that time he came and preached several times at my dad's church in Parsons, Tennessee, just down I-40 from Jackson.

Bragan said that he took the blame for the killing of his partner because he beleived his wife was guilty. His wife had phoned him and said that the partner was badly hurt. When he got there, he found his partner dead, and immediately believed his wife had done it. So without thinking, Bragan changed some things to protect his wife, but in doing this, he left his DNA and fingerprints all over the scene.

Later his wife turned state's evidence and testified that Bragan had committed the crime.

Meantime, another prisoner who was with Bragan in prison told the court that Bragan had confessed to him that he'd killed his partner.

Bragan claimed that the District Attoney was out to get him and that the prisoner had been bribed by the District Attorney to lie about him.

Bragan's second trial had been between 1992 and 1998, probably about 1995.

• Moderators

You mean "took" the rap. I don't buy that, and really haven't heard that either.

Do you still have his book? I've never read it but would be interested to know what he says in it about why the police arrested him for the crime. What does he say, for instance, about his wife?