ClubAdventist is back!

Was Anyone Impressed?

• Members

The health-care reform does have death panels in it. It has a lot of good things but it has a lot of bad things too. I favor a single-payer system. What we got was a terrible compromise and they way it was passed was disgraceful.

I think Obama was in favor of single-payer HC, but republicans didn't want this?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Was anyone impressed with Obama's speech? The question begging to be asked is if he had all these great ideas, why is he just now proposing them over two years into his first term? After he has blown a trillion dollars with no results he wants to spend another $400 billion.

You know what I didn't hear? I didn't hear anything about drilling for more oil and gas. I didn't hear anything about building nuclear power plants. I didn't hear anything about building desalination plants. I didn't hear anything about building coal-to-liquid plants. I did miss the first part of the speech. Was any of that in there?

I agree, Shane. The Dept. of Energy's mission statement says that getting us off of foreign oil is their objective. hahaha..

Not.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I think Obama was in favor of single-payer HC, but republicans didn't want this?

His problem was his own party. The Republicans didn't have the votes to stop anything. This is why it is indisputable that Obama lacks leadership abilities. He couldn't even get a single-payer system passed when he had super-majorities in both houses of Congress. His original goal was to have this done before the August recess of 2009. He choked.

Now he wants to lecture Republicans about bi-partisanship.

He could get everything he wants but he would have to give Republicans some big things. Open off-shore drilling. Open up ANWR for drilling. Reduce environmental regulations. Issue permits for nuclear power facilities.

The problem is that he thinks he can fight with Republicans and when he gets nothing done just blame them and the American people will buy it. No. We need a President that can get things done. Look at Reagan. All eight years of his presidency he had a Democrat Congress. Look at Clinton. Six of his eight years he had a Republican Congress. Now compare Obama. He couldn't even get a single-payer system when his own party controlled Congress. How can we describe him with any other world than pathetic?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

I do agree, but how many republicans did he need to get it pasted? 5, maybe 10? But no, so it seems they didn't want it or they just didn't want to help him pass it. And yes Reagan and Clinton got stuff done, but they got both sides to help not just one party.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I do agree, but how many republicans did he need to get it pasted? 5, maybe 10? But no, so it seems they didn't want it or they just didn't want to help him pass it. And yes Reagan and Clinton got stuff done, but they got both sides to help not just one party.

Why should the republicans have helped Obama pass a bill "when they first had to pass it before they could read it"?

When it was obvious the tremendous tax burden it would become.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I have been for health-care reform for many years but the fact is that there couldn't have been a worse time. Obama felt he was called to reform the health-care system. Actually, his calling was to fix the economy. Thousands of Americans lost their homes, lost their jobs, lost their cars, lost everything and filed bankruptcy while Obama was fooling around with health-care reform.

The plan came out today and showed that Obama'a plan to pay for this jobs' bill is to increase taxes on everyone making over $200,000/year. Why didn't he say that in his speech? Actually in his speech he said he was going to ask the debt reduction committee to find the money in additional cuts. That was last Thursday. Now on Monday we go from cuts to taxes. Sounds like Obama hasn't a clue about what he is doing. A competent person doesn't go from $400 billion in cuts to $400 billion in taxes in four days.

This is obviously just a campaign ploy to get re-elected. I think the fact he would call a joint session of Congress as part of his campaign plan is despicable. He is asking Republicans to increase taxes. If they don't, he will blame them for standing in the way of job creation. If they do, they will have broken their campaign promises not to raise taxes and thus the Republican turn-out will be suppressed.

It isn't about creating jobs. If we take $400 billion out of the private sector and put it into the government sector there will not be any net job gain. The jobs that would have been created in the private sector will be created in the government sector - that is if you believe the government creates jobs as efficiently as the private sector does, which is highly debatable.

According to the polls, Obama's approval rating dropped two points over the weekend after the speech. I wonder if it will drop any more now that his plan has been revealed.

Need I remind anyone who Obama was running against?

It doesn't matter who he was running against. Anybody would have been better for the country than this. You may know that now, since you have hindsight now. But I knew it back then, just as much as I do now. I tried to warn you even.

What we would have had was Pelosi-Ried-McCain Administration. They would have been spending, spending, spending. Economy would be in the same shape. Everything would be blamed on McCain and a Democrat would probably win in 2012.

McCain was bad news. Thank me. We dodged a bullet.

What we would have had was Pelosi-Ried-McCain Administration. They would have been spending, spending, spending. Economy would be in the same shape. Everything would be blamed on McCain and a Democrat would probably win in 2012.

McCain was bad news. Thank me. We dodged a bullet.

Obama told everyone who he was and what he intended. I can't imagine you would be upset with a democrat in the White House in 2012.I would rather have had Pelosi-Ried-McCain than Pelosi-Ried-Obama which is what we had. McCain could not possibly been worse.

I would rather dodge a bullet than get hit by the torpedo called Obama. So no,you do not have any thanks coming

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

You would have gotten hit by the bullet (McCain) and then after that the missle (Democrat President) in 2012. A McCain presidency would have not only been devastating for the country, but also for the Republican Party.