ClubAdventist is back!

Sonny --again

Dottie

Well, he got to the point where we needed to send him to a therapeutic home for a while, maybe only a few days more.

Stealing any small thing he could get his hands on to put in his pocket, lying about anything and everything, foul language at school (words I'd never heard until I was grown), took a small pocketknife to school. Because it wasn't seen at school, but on the bus, and the bus driver didn't report it (although I emphasized to them to do so), and he didn't open it or threaten anyone, he's in no trouble. The guidance counselor at school said that he noted it in his file, but that is all.

I went to see the g.c. to see what was going to happen, and he said that because we were being proactive--multiple therapists, psych drs., etc, and we had already put him in the home, they would so nothing.

But my little boy could have been at the least suspended, or at the most, arrested.

Many people are praying for him, and I ask your prayers, too.

He is in a good, safe place, but it is his heart that I worry about most. We took him to the home straight from the attachment therapist's, so he had only the clothes on his back.

The next day, before I took him clean clothes, I talked to the lady of the home, and the only thing he asked for was his Bible! That's a good sign, right?

So, another episode in the saga of a radlet.

• Members

Will continue to pray for all.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

((((Dottie and family)))) how heartbreaking and frustrating, one step forward three steps back. Naturally we will pray for him.

P.S. I hope you are getting counseling too.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Administrators

Dear heavenly Father-

As our hearts melt with compassion over Dottie and Sonny's situation, we lift them up to You right now. We know that you have angels stationed around them, ministering to them. I thank You that Sonny has asked for his Bible. May Your Holy Spirit attend to Sonny's heart needs and help him find something that will calm his soul.

I pray that Sonny will rejoice over Your promise that when Jesus comes that he (and we) will be like Him, and that he will receive a new body that won't have the issues and hardships that he now possesses.

Thank you for your promises, dear Lord! Thank You for Your power, too!

In the precious name of Jesus- amen!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Sonny's due home on Thursday. He's been doing much better, with no sneaking when no one is looking. (There is a camera in every room, and the lady as a phone to watch to see what is happening.

But those who sneak, will sneak.

Thanks to all of you, and especially Thank You, Jesus.

The lady told me today that she prays every morning for each child individually, and for each family, that the blood of Jesus will cover them and healing will take place. She said that all the children can hear her in their rooms, and so can the neighbors!

• Administrators

Wow, Dottie- how wonderful!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

After reading Tim's post, my problems seem insignificant.

Well, Sonny's not coming home tomorrow. Seems he was supposed to be sitting at the table while the lady was doing something else, and wasn't watching. He proceeded to unscrew the wing nuts that hold the table together. Thankfully, it didn't collapse. He just put the nuts in his pocket as if nothing had happened, and was sitting quietly when she returned. But she has discovered that she has to check his pockets every time she gets back to him (he's not the only child in her care).

So, we don't know when he will make it home, but I hope he gets back for school Monday. And I have some sewing to do tonight, sewing up pockets on jeans, etc., that he did not take with him...

• Administrators

Have to be one step ahead of him all the time! :)

He came home Sunday morning, and it's been back to "normal" since. He needs line-of-sight supervision, so school is my daily vacation. He's actually doing quite well, after an initial blowup--he doesn't transition well. It's easier to pull him back in, and I'm trying to get him to do his homework, not successfully, but the teacher will have to realize that I can't force him to do it. The harder I try, the harder he resists.

But it was quiet tonight, and we are thankful for each and every blessing.

• Administrators

Praise God for the good days! I surely hope that Sonny will prefer being with you. All families have their bad days, even without all the challenges he has. But I pray that he sticks to Jesus as he approaches those dastardly teen years.

You are an angel, Dottie!