ClubAdventist is back!

Reprograming le monde

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

One plus one equals one. See John 17: 20-23.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

Try to expand upon the idea in the OP in light of the referenced text.

Further context is given in the series of topics I just posted in sequence that are at the top of the topic menu. (I don't know how to keep them in sequence...)

(While perhaps a bit oblique, this is not about an exchange of random equations.)

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Point A. Yeah I keep trying to index them as I do in my Document folder but that doesn't work here since it goes by when responded to.

Point B. I'll try that. Hope it works. :)

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing to be off-topic, I am considering starting a thread indexing the topics on each of my forums with the links...that might be an idea as to keeping them "together". Or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Tom; this is a very interesting, and accurate way to express that Bible text. Jesus states in the passage you referenced that the "oness" he and the Father has; is something that we; His church can/should have. If/when this were to occur, it actually would be one plus one = one. cool1

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

one times one equals one.

When two measurements are multiplied together the product is of a type depending on the types of the measurements. The general theory is given by dimensional analysis. This analysis is routinely applied in physics but has also found applications in finance. One can only meaningfully add or subtract quantities of the same type but can multiply or divide quantities of different types.

A common example is multiplying speed by time gives distance, so

50 kilometers per hour × 3 hours = 150 kilometers.

But we can't add kilometers to hours in any meaningful way.

So we might contemplate the philosophical difference between adding two things together versus multiplying them.

• Administrators

Excellent perspective!

I think that puts the idea of the two shall be one description of marriage as more meaningful beyond the common superficial suggestion of physical connection of sex. It fits more with the referenced text of Jesus' description of the divine relationship and the ideal of Christian relationships. The multiplier is an unlike factor outside of the objects multiplied making a qualitative difference.

As long as we are concentrating on someone should be boss and someone should be helper we tend to miss that? We have gotten more into legalism, superficiality, and the counterfeit?