ClubAdventist is back!

Is The TEA Party Clueless?

Shane and others believe "rights" are derived from those around you with more than you have.

It drives our own welfare system. There are only a few moral rights in this country.

When your "moral right" is funded by myself or others,one of us has lost the use of the word "Right".

There is no "moral right" to a higher education paid for by others,no moral right to have children prior to marriage to be supported by taxpayers.There is no moral right to support from others because you are born into poverty.

Now we have a new entitlement coming,the diaper bill.This is free diapers if you place your children in daycare.WIC of course takes care of the others not in daycare.

I worked for over four years in a Home Improvement Center.Flexible hours and a great bonus program even for part time such as myself.Over that time I worked with dozens of immigrants. Those Shane claims are hated because of the color of their skin and that they talk funny. There were also many college age and single moms.It was my job to train in new hires.

Those of us that did the training could tell within an hour,two at most who were the I cans,I will,and the I cants.

Skin color and they way they spoke never entered into it.

The personal character of the individual is what made the difference.

From time to time work would be slow and those that wanted to could be dismissed and go home early. In over four years never had one of the "I can,I will camp,no matter how they talked or what color their skin leave early. They grabbed every five minutes they could get.Many of them working 2-3 part time jobs.Everyone joked that you needed to stay away from the exits for those of the I can't crowd.

In store and online training was offered free to everyone to become knowledgeable in all depts and possibly move to full time.Can you guess who was fighting to be first in line for training and who never expressed an interest?

Among those that did not speak english well,there were the usual two camps. Some actually would come to break with a list of words,wanting to know how to pronounce them and what they meant.At times they were shunned by their peers that did not express an interest in learning.When some that had come in not knowing english or anything about retail received their bonuses for the year,the others of course cried foul.

It was the same with american born. Single moms that were making it on their own and single moms barely hanging onto their job.The difference was not background or advantage,but personal character.The difference was the amount of handouts some demanded and received. College students that were receiving a good part of their education because of economic conditions would never work beyond the minimum and frequently laughed at those holding up to three jobs.

If the part time wanted to work weekends in addition to the five days a week they could at an additional 2.50 an hour.

Bet you can't guess who showed on weekends and who didn't?

Not once in four years did the "I cants" show up for the additional pay and hours.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Looters trespass with bad intentions. Immigrants trespass with good intentions. Looters are looking to steal, damage property and hurt people. The overwhelming vast majority of immigrants are looking for honest jobs to earn honest money. They are looking to offer their services in exchange for compensation. That is exactly the opposite of what looters are doing.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Again, rights are either "civil" or "God-given". The right to choose my religion is a God-given right. God-given rights are also called "human rights". The right not to be tortured, not to be enslaved, the right to a fair trail, freedom of speech, the right to access food, clean water and medical care are examples of human rights.

Wrong. Judge not lest you be judged.

Wow! So the TEA Party says that instead of allowing tax-paying Texans (in the country illegally) to send their children to college, they should be electrocuted and if they survive that, shot until dead

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Indeed they didn't come to our country and demand anything. They went to West Germany and made their demands there. They were fleeing poverty and looking for a better life. Same as Mexican peasants coming here.

No,actually some did come here,or those that attended our church were lying about where they came from.

Many of the Mexican peasants probably do want the better life our welfare system and sanctuary cities provide them.Many do not want the personal responsibility that would allow them to take care of themselves.

Obvious the position you have taken and claimed from God has not changed.

I am sure God will be relieved to know that you have handled part of the judging process for him.All that will remain for him is to carry out your verdict

The Tea Party folks like to spout about a lot of hate speech but the fact is that illegals do not come here for welfare benefits. That is simply hate speech that cold-hearted conservatives and Tea Party folks like to spread as propaganda.

I don't buy into that. I think too much to get sucked into that. I mean, I really am not that gullible. I have actually known and worshipped with illegals - on both sides of the border. I know better. That is one band wagon I have no interest to ride.

The Tea Party folks like to spout about a lot of hate speech but the fact is that illegals do not come here for welfare benefits. That is simply hate speech that cold-hearted conservatives and Tea Party folks like to spread as propaganda.

Women that come here to have "anchor" babies do so because they want their children to become US citizens. Many go back to Mexico. Having a baby here does not entitle them to stay here. And their baby is not entitled to welfare benefits unless the baby resides in the US. There are many along the border that do go back to Mexico and maintain a US address so they can collect some benefits but there is no reason to believe those are the majority. I know several people that were "anchor babies" when they were born. They were raised in Mexico and came to the US when they became adults. So don't believe all the hate-speech about anchor babies. Most people don't live on the border and really don't know what they are talking about.

Illegals come here to work. Those that collect welfare benefits are enticed to do so. Local welfare offices advertise in places that immigrants frequent. Illegals often will not go to a welfare office unless a friend or landlord goes along with them. They do not swim across the river and rush down to collect government aid.