ClubAdventist is back!

Dying father-in-law

JessPat

My father-in-law is dying from cancer in the hospital. My husband is suffering from an anxiety disorder and recent events have made it increasingly difficult for him to cope. To make matters worse, we are unable to visit his father because my husband has flu symptoms (hospital policy).

My heart is breaking seeing my husband fall apart and I'm afraid we won't be able to say goodbye to his father. I can't imagine what that will do to my husband. We also have a 3 year old who adores his grandpa.

Please pray for us. Thank you.

• Members

Will be praying JessPat. Just a thought, why don't you at least take your son and visit his grandfather?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Your family will definitely be in my prayers. It is hard enough to lose a loved one; I can't imagine having to try and deal with your husband at the same time. It might be good if you could take your son atleast, to see his Grandpa? Please let us know how things are going when you can.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Administrators

To JessPat- My goodness, at this time of urgency, can't they mask up your hubby? I feel for you!

Father, I lift up this precious family to You. As the smoke of incense reminded the people of ongoing prayer and intercession on their behalf, I would like to thank You also for the intercession of Jesus and of the Holy Spirit. They pray knowing exactly what is needed to pray for, while our knowledge is limited.

I pray Father that Your presence may be felt among all connected with this situation. Your peace passes our understanding... May all of these family members be en-hope-ened (I just invented this word) with the hope that can come only from You.

Thank You, Father, that none of our entreaties are in vain, when we cast our need upon You. In Jesus' name we pray.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your prayers. Just wanted to let you all know that God had sustained my father-in-law until we were able to see him last weekend. He passed away just a day and a half after we got there. And on the day he passed, he went just 20 minutes after my husband got there. My father-in-law went at peace with God. He was ready to go home to his Father. He was annointed just an hour before he went into a coma. God was with him all his life and most especially during his last weeks. We all saw and felt that. We miss his terribly. But we are comforted that he is no longer in pain and that we will see him again in heaven.

Please continue praying for us, especially for my husband as we mourn the loss of my father-in-law and that we learn from the my father-in-law's example, always trusting in Jesus.

Thank you.

• Members

Amen. Praise the Lord for answered prayer.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Yes, amen! Thankyou for letting us know how it turned out. God is good! (all the time)

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ