ClubAdventist is back!

Cain Denies Report of Sexual Harassment

• Members

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• lazarus

• olger

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like there was nothing to it. We will see if the story damages him.

Four Lily White Liberals Smear a Black Man

By Peter Heck

Just as Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain predicted, he has become the most recent victim of the race-baiting left's high-tech lynching of prominent, conservative black men. Days before the Cain sexual harassment smear emerged from the sewers of liberal trash journalism, MSNBC's Martin Bashir hosted contributor Karen Finney who proclaimed that conservatives only liked Cain because, "they think he's a black man who knows his place." As Bashir actually thanked her on-air for making such an offensive and ignorant remark (far from being a submissive position, conservatives are supporting Cain in his effort to ascend to the highest office in the land), Finney granted, "I know that's harsh, but that's how it sure seems to me."

That's an interesting moment of candor since it now sure seems to any American paying attention that Finney and her fellow liberals dislike Cain because they think he's a black man who doesn't know his place. Diversity of thought amongst minorities -- particularly blacks -- is forbidden in the church of liberalism. Having constructed their entire political kingdom on the back of the dollars-for-votes dependency model, self-made black men who stray from the liberal plantation and threaten to carry the empowering message of personal (not government) reliance to throngs of minorities currently under the left's spell of entitlement, must be dealt with severely. Destroying them professionally and personally is a small price to pay to keep the plantation thriving.

And so, with that greater good in mind, four lily white liberals (Jonathan Martin, Maggie Haberman, Anna Palmer and Kenneth Vogel) authored a hit piece on the prominent conservative businessman in a desperate attempt to smear him out of contention for the Republican presidential nomination. This gutter politics is proof positive of what I've held for a long time: if you want to catch a modern day glimpse of old school white-on-black racism, behold the way white liberals treat black conservatives.

The racial motivations in this particular story cannot be missed. This is, after all, the same political movement that scolded anyone who dared suggest that the serial infidelity and alleged sexual assaults committed by white liberal Bill Clinton were relevant to his pursuit of the presidency.

And this is the same political movement that was so disinterested in the adultery of white liberal John Edwards who fathered a child with a campaign worker while his wife was losing her fight with cancer, that the National Enquirer tabloid out-scooped them. And even as late as June of this year, while Edwards faced criminal indictment for his attempts to illegally cover-up the scandal, fellow white liberals like Chris Matthews continued to defend him, suggesting that his prosecution was, "one of those [politically motivated] things you read about in third world countries."

And this is the same political movement that yawned at the sexual predilections and cell phone dalliances of white liberal Anthony Weiner, eagerly defending him from the "savagery" of conservative media types like Andrew Breitbart.

Yet this same movement that had to catapult itself over mountains of evidence in order to ignore the indiscretions of those white liberals enthusiastically skewered a black conservative based on the flimsy and unsubstantiated testimony of undisclosed sources. The case against Cain was so weak that after bringing the accusation, the lead author of the smear, white liberal Jonathan Martin, hilariously suggested on national television that it was Cain's responsibility -- not his -- to explain the accusation. This embarrassing performance didn't earn him skepticism and scorn from his fellow white liberals like Chris Matthews. Rather, Matthews congratulated him on breaking the story.

Martin's colleague at the now forever tarnished website Politico, Mike Allen, only added to the pathetic transparency of this racial attack when he appeared on another MSNBC program, "Morning Joe." Asked if Politico could cite any evidence beyond the allegation that Cain had made gestures "that were not overtly sexual but that made women uncomfortable," Allen ecstatically announced that their story had, "48,000 mentions" on the social media rumor mill Twitter. The anatomy of a smear: the evidence is irrelevant...all that matters is that the accusation spreads.

The attack on Cain certainly isn't the first of its kind. The original high-tech lynching of conservative Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas for the same stereotypical allegations, the constant attacks on "Uncle Tom" economists Thomas Sowell and Walter E. Williams, the belligerent nastiness directed at self-proclaimed welfare brat turned conservative champion Star Parker, and the persistent threats faced by tea-party Congressman Allen West all stand as stark depictions of the regard liberals have for blacks who dare to think differently than them.

If nothing else, at least we now know what PBS's Tavis Smiley meant several months ago when he promised this election would be "the most racist in the history of this Republic." The left is seeing to that.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/11/four_lily_white_liberals_smear_a_black_man.html#ixzz1cXmpRWyy

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Now his story is changing and he has blabbed his mouth about some details which may have broken the confidentiality agreement and open it up for the victims to come forward.

Maybe this will take him down. That would probably be a good thing as I doubt he could beat Obama.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Now his story is changing and he has blabbed his mouth about some details which may have broken the confidentiality agreement and open it up for the victims to come forward.

Maybe this will take him down. That would probably be a good thing as I doubt he could beat Obama.

They say it's the "cover-up" that often does more damage. I'm not saying he tried to cover it up but he seems to have been less than straight forward. It would be a sad way to go out. Rumors are the GOPers gave the heads up to Politico. That's politricks!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: Shane

They say it's the "cover-up" that often does more damage. I'm not saying he tried to cover it up but he seems to have been less than straight forward. It would be a sad way to go out. Rumors are the GOPers gave the heads up to Politico. That's politricks!

Just as possible as coming from the Obama camp. Powers that be of the republicans seem to want Romney and Cain was getting a little to far.

While I was working there was a "sexual harassment" suit,it settled for a fair amount and never should have been.

A older employee without any complaints of any kind on his record

was charged with that.Almost everyone thought highly of him. HIs big sin was telling a young woman she looked exceptionally nice one morning,new hairdo and attractive clothing. She claimed a "hostile work place" and she felt threatened.Others had been present when it occurred and backed the accused employee. She was paid off.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Moderators

Just as possible as coming from the Obama camp.

Not really, they don't have a motive right now. Cain, I suspect would make a good opponent for them in the general.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: bonnie

Just as possible as coming from the Obama camp.

Not really, they don't have a motive right now. Cain, I suspect would make a good opponent for them in the general.

The contrast between Obama and Cain is stark.The ones that want more and more can't help but feel threatened by a man like Cain.

Defies everything Obama stands for otherwise the liberal left would not be so free and constant with "Cain is not the right kind of black man"

Is there a particular train of thoughtor ideology the right kind of black man must have? Anymore than there is regarding the right kind of white man

• Moderators

I think the Obama camp would be pleased with Cain as his opponent.

Einstein

Time will tell. Cain seems to have gained from this rumor as he now leads Romney according to our local news.

I have always said Obama stands a better than even chance of getting elected.Those that want the hand outs know which hand it will come from till there is no more handouts to give

I am sure you are right about that. I doubt Obama is behind this. If he was, he would have sat on it until after the convention.

The fact this has come to light when it has is a good thing regardless of where the information came from. Let's remember, people with no experience in politics have never had reporters dig around in their past either. I don't see any bad intentions here. This is just part of running for office.

Originally Posted By: lazarus

I am sure you are right about that. I doubt Obama is behind this. If he was, he would have sat on it until after the convention.

The fact this has come to light when it has is a good thing regardless of where the information came from. Let's remember, people with no experience in politics have never had reporters dig around in their past either. I don't see any bad intentions here. This is just part of running for office.

Cain did run for office in 2004 and nearly won.

Cain brought it up to a campaign manager? at that time.

Doubtful he is that naive.

Almost funny when you compare the response to Clinton and all the allegations and his escapades.

Now everyone is salivating and no one really knows what over yet

I know that Sean Hannity is going crazy with comparisons to Clinton. Of course, Clinton got impeached. The bigger comparison isn't with Clinton, it is with Gary Hart and Donna Rice.

I know that Sean Hannity is going crazy with comparisons to Clinton. Of course, Clinton got impeached. The bigger comparison isn't with Clinton, it is with Gary Hart and Donna Rice.

I really don't care or know what Hannity is doing.Not sure what the comparison with Hart is.

Clinton getting impeached is not the issue either.It is the attitude of the press.I well remember a woman reporter saying she wouldn't mind being in Moncia's place or something to that effect.

The ATTITUDE of the press not even knowing what "this" is.

I will let you obsess over Hannity

The press was all over the Gary Hart scandal and that was before conservative right-wing radio was on the scene to save the day.

The press was all over the Gary Hart scandal and that was before conservative right-wing radio was on the scene to save the day.

Gary Hart pretty much dared the press to catch him if they could.

You can deny the difference in attitude from the main stream press all you want.

Their attitude and question was "does it really matter what Clinton did in his private life".Except it wasn't his private life,in the Oval office as President and then lied about it. Hilary to the rescue and blamed some vast right wing conspiracy all the while knowing exactly what her husband was.I am waiting to hear that concerning Cain,do you think it will be soon by mainstream media? I believe it was Gloria Steinem

that said all men or employers? should get one free grope.

If Cain is guilty of a serious offense he should step down. In the meantime they should treat him as they have done the others.

The mainstream media has been after Cain in force since he started to rise in the polls.

Those so obsessed with a radio or TV personalities really need to get a grip.That kind of obsession is something you usually see in teenagers

The media is all about getting ratings. They should do whatever they can to get the highest ratings. I think they got very high ratings during the Clinton affair. It is all about ratings. Follow the money.

The media is all about getting ratings. They should do whatever they can to get the highest ratings. I think they got very high ratings during the Clinton affair. It is all about ratings. Follow the money.

Why would I care what their ratings were.

I am talking about the attitude they vocally expressed. Are you saying their attitude was put on and they were only going along in their treatment of Clinton?

Clinton has nothing to do with this. That is what Limbaugh and Hannity keep trying to say. I don't ride the Limbaugh and Hannity bandwagon. I am too much of an independent thinker for that.

Trying to deliberately destroy someone is yellow journalism.I really don't care how they got their ratings over the Clinton affair,other than maybe they should follow the same game plan with Cain. "Who cares what he did in his private life,that doesn't have anything to do with the presidency" A man is allowed "one free grope" the woman reporter that envied MonicaWhy all the outrage now?

If their ratings were so high with this game plan why not go with it again?

So far the media has been completely inconsistent. You may think that they should do whatever they can for ratings but anyone with a conscience might not agree with that.

Did he do it? Exactly what was he did? The women can't wait to tell their story,No wait a minute they don't think so now.One said Cain was seen getting in a taxi with another woman,Oops,no he was told they did. He was told they spent the night together and she woke up in his bed.Oh wait a minute in his apt or so he was told.

Gestures that were not sexual in nature but made some woman uncomfortable.What is that?

There is no inconsistency at all. The only inconsistency exists in Limbaugh's and Hannity's heads. Ask Clinton if he feels the mainstream media was out to get him.

There is no inconsistency at all. The only inconsistency exists in Limbaugh's and Hannity's heads. Ask Clinton if he feels the mainstream media was out to get him.

The obsession is in yours.People were capable of forming their own opinions before talk radio and before Shane told them they could not without talk radio.

Your biggest problem seems to be envy/resentment for not having the level of importance you are convinced they have

Originally Posted By: bonnie
The obsession is in yours.

offtopic

backtopic

thumbsup

cool1

No,you make it on topic in a high number of your posts.Such as.... The only inconsistency exists in Limbaugh's and Hannity's heads

That is not the first time in this discussion you have brought it up.

For some reason you don't seem to be able to grasp that others can form a opinion based on what they see and their own life's experience. On some issues where opinion does not agree with yours it is invalid as it can only be a result of listening to right wing talk radio.

Because you seem to spend your days monitoring talk radio you believe that others do the same.Most people I know don't have the time or energy.They have jobs and families to raise,other interests besides talk radio.

You make unsubstantiated claims about what others have said and then call on me to prove where a article was posted. Not a problem,the omission of the author of the article was not deliberate. Yet when asked you cannot provide the same for your "claims"

Even mainstream media refutes your claims and admits there is a bias against conservatives. They have acknowledged that their positive coverage of Obama was responsible in a large part for his election.Yet you know better and claim they are not right.

We have a president that would never receive clearance for even riding with my brother on a high security load. If my brother had the background and current associations Obama has he would lose his High Security status immediately.

A family member that has been employed by White Sands missile base would be booted out under the same circumstances.Of course he was throughly vetted prior to being hired.The presidency of the US under democrats does not require that kind of background check.

While the media did cover Clinton's behavior it was not with the same venom that has been directed at Cain for the past few weeks.He is not the right kind of black man. I would like to hear just what is the right kind of black man or white man for that matter according to mainstream media. Spelled out specifically

Now that he ranks as high as he does in the polls it cannot be tolerated.

You are not hearing the "it is his private life and has nothing to do with the presidency" from any left wing source.

The point is that the "liberal" media did go after Clinton. Clinton has often talked about how he was attacked by the media, including the mainstream networks like ABC, CBS and NBC. From the liberal perspective, the media did not protect Clinton, but helped lead to his impeachment. The far, right-wing conservatives look at the same media coverage and see a mainstream media that was protecting Clinton. So it depends upon where one stands politically to how they see the media coverage of the event. What is undeniable is that the media coverage of the Clinton affair drove up ratings. The same is true of the current scandal with Cain.

My position is that the media is driven more by a desire for financial gain than it is through political ideology. When the media smells blood in the water, they jump all over the story.