ClubAdventist is back!

Why I am a former SDA

Bravus

Don't even have a club.

AMEN to that Bravus

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Ah......I am a member of the SDA church...I can identify with Bravus as well...we are both on a journey.

AMEN to that CoA

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
A certain level of smugness at club membership, I feel.

AMEN to that Bravus

I believe in Hematology.

Another Amen to that!

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Quote:
"Why should we try to make some secure in their eternal destruction?"

Trouble is Mr. Twilight -

We have NO idea who is secure and who is not. And it is certainly not our job to determine that.

And do I hear any AMENs to that?

I believe in Hematology.

Know ye not that we shall also judge angels? The members have a duty to judge who is worthy and who is not to attain membership to Gods true church on earth. Lest the standard of what it means to be a Seventh-day Adventist be lowered to the very dust.

Thank God Twilight and others are holding the standard high!

• Moderators

There could be something else, rather than "smugness" happening here.

You may well be right. And you also helped me realise I'm playing the part of the ungrateful servant, not showing the grace that has been shown to me.

Bob, I withdraw the comment and apologise. I have deleted it above.

Truth is important

Know ye not that we shall also judge angels? The members have a duty to judge who is worthy and who is not to attain membership to Gods true church on earth. Lest the standard of what it means to be a Seventh-day Adventist be lowered to the very dust.

Thank God Twilight and others are holding the standard high!

I would still think that would be up to God to judge. Human standards, SDA or not are far to often clouded by agenda, insecurities and personal bias.

Let me ask you this. If I were to totally accept the 28 doctrines today - would you through your vote for or against my being a member?

Amen

post-4001-140967451448_thumb.jpg

And I can trust"

Well; don't you want to know the moral of this story ClubV12?

And I can trust"

Emptycross, it's not about the 28, it's about the baptismal vows. THAT is (generally) the first required step to membership. Full belief in the 28 is not. In some cases baptism can be by-passed by a profession of faith. I personally believe partaking in the ordinance of humility is also acceptable for those who at one time were baptized members of the Seventh-day Adventist church and wish to reaffirm and rejoin the church. Baptism is very sacred and should not be taken lightly the first time. It should be rarely needed the second time. But thats just my opinion on that, I would support whatever decision the church board and the Pastor made in that regard. If you were accepted by the Pastor for baptism or proffession of faith the next step would be a vote by the body of believers to accept you into membership.

I would vote for you in that case, or Bravus or anyone else! UNLESS, like at a marriage ceremony, I had specific knowledge of a compelling reason why this "man and woman" should not be joined. I place my faith in the leadership of the church to apply the principles and make the correct decision. Once that decision has been made in the affirmative, whatever happened in the past is buried and gone. A new life begins. I wish you, Bravus and others God speed in considering these issues. Don't wait until you have a convenient season to call upon the Lord.

• Moderators

The confusion between baptism into Christ and baptism into the SDA church is another huge problem.

Truth is important

The confusion between baptism into Christ and baptism into the SDA church is another huge problem.

That's quite true. I once saw several pastors fighting over baptisms at an evangelistic campaign. Talk about not understanding the belief.

But in my case; and in my wife's case, our baptism was a very personal, and a serious commitment to Jesus; I remember in particular at my wife's baptism. After going through the 28 "Fundies" he said to her: "Would you like to say anything?" And her reply was (verbatim) "I just love Jesus and I want to be baptised."

And I can trust"

• Moderators

Quote:
Why should we try to make some secure in their eternal destruction?

Are you saying that a life lived in phoniness is closer to God?

Who's suggesting that anyone should live in phoniness?

Originally Posted By: Gail
If a person chooses a life without the Lord that is his/her choice, his/her God-given choice. We need to respect that as much as the choice to come to God.

Of course we should respect it, but that doesn't mean we should be silent and not tell what we believe the Bible teaches.

God gives all of us a choice, but most people will use their choices to go to eternal destruction. The love of God contrains us to tell the truth.

Originally Posted By: Gail
If Christ is lifted up, He has promised to draw men to Him. No amount of either coercion or cajoling on my part will do that in place of the Spirit. My condemnation probably won't bring about desired results, either.

I don't see "condemnation."

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:
I don't see "condemnation."

post-2281-140967451453_thumb.jpg

I believe in Hematology.

Emptycross, it's not about the 28, it's about the baptismal vows. THAT is (generally) the first required step to membership. Full belief in the 28 is not. In some cases baptism can be by-passed by a profession of faith. I personally believe partaking in the ordinance of humility is also acceptable for those who at one time were baptized members of the Seventh-day Adventist church and wish to reaffirm and rejoin the church. Baptism is very sacred and should not be taken lightly the first time. It should be rarely needed the second time. But thats just my opinion on that, I would support whatever decision the church board and the Pastor made in that regard. If you were accepted by the Pastor for baptism or proffession of faith the next step would be a vote by the body of believers to accept you into membership.

I would vote for you in that case, or Bravus or anyone else! UNLESS, like at a marriage ceremony, I had specific knowledge of a compelling reason why this "man and woman" should not be joined. I place my faith in the leadership of the church to apply the principles and make the correct decision. Once that decision has been made in the affirmative, whatever happened in the past is buried and gone. A new life begins. I wish you, Bravus and others God speed in considering these issues. Don't wait until you have a convenient season to call upon the Lord.

And I can trust"

scared

And I can trust"

Quote:
Why should we try to make some secure in their eternal destruction?

Are you saying that a life lived in phoniness is closer to God?

If a person chooses a life without the Lord that is his/her choice, his/her God-given choice. We need to respect that as much as the choice to come to God.

If Christ is lifted up, He has promised to draw men to Him. No amount of either coercion or cajoling on my part will do that in place of the Spirit. My condemnation probably won't bring about desired results, either.

Then you have misunderstood the work of the Spirit as revealed in the Bible.

At times God does warn His people of the danger of their choices.

He does not want us to act is if there is some virtue in choosing satans kingdom.

We are to warn, reprove, point out error and sin as well as love those around us.

Especially when that person has had such great light.

This ecumenical acceptance of error in a persons life, that I fear is being displayed on this board as one of its misguided overall principle, is causing souls to be influenced away from Christ.

So yes, lets lift up Christ.

But lets not forget that He is the Judge and will destroy the wicked at the end of time.

We must remember all of the gospel, not just the parts that fit into a post-modern secularised version of Christianity that fears to reprove or warn others.

Christianity is not one big "hug".

It is life and death.

When we start realising that, we might start to take issues like someone falling away very seriously.

And we will stop trying to confirm them in their wrong choices, misguidedly thinking it is a display of "love"...

Quote:
Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don’t see things the way you do.

And don’t jump all over them every time they do or say something you don’t agree with

– even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department. Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently. Romans 14.1: The Message

I believe in Hematology.

He does not want us to act is if there is some virtue in choosing satans kingdom.

We are to warn, reprove, point out error and sin as well as love those around us.

And I can trust"

Quote:
"Why should we try to make some secure in their eternal destruction?"

Trouble is Mr. Twilight -

We have NO idea who is secure and who is not. And it is certainly not our job to determine that.

And do I hear any AMENs to that?

Peoples fruits are there to be seen at times, clear biblical counsel.

And when an individual is plainly on the wrong path, the fruit will indicate it.

Then the task as Christians is to seek to gain the person back to the right path.

Not confirm them on the wrong path.

To confirm someone on the wrong path is to place them in the Lake itself.

Some confirm out of misguided principles but they think they are doing best.

Others are just disingenuous and take pleasure in causing trouble and strife.

And disingenuous fruit for instance, is very plain to see.

Some are so bad at being disingenuous, that it is painful to watch its clumsy attempts at approving sin and standing against truth.

• Moderators

And we stand before Him in the Investigative Judgment, which is going on in the heavenly sanctuary right now.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Originally Posted By: Twilight II

people invent all kinds of reasons to not

Quote:
Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don’t see things the way you do.

And don’t jump all over them every time they do or say something you don’t agree with

– even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department.

Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently. Romans 14.1: The Message

Do you approve of Bravus decision to deny Christ and the Bible as the sole source of salvation and step away from the gospel?

• Moderators

In what way is it a huge problem?