ClubAdventist is back!

Why I am a former non-SDA

Stan

Friends..

I was not familiar with Adventism growing up.

Becoming an X-non-SDA was not an easy task.

I can say this, tasting of that Land of Milk and Honey, the joys of Christ and Adventism, was the single best thing I have done in my life.

I would not trade what I lost, for what I gained, in a heart beat.

That is my story.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Members

I've been an Adventist all my life. I've been a Christian for less than a year. :)

Now that's a rather interesting statement. :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

I, too, was converted and have never looked back.

I'm still excited! :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I've been an Adventist all my life. I've been a Christian for less than a year. :)

Excellent Comment. Welcome finally. Praise God for your recent decision. I don't blame you though. There are lots of unChristian unfluences both in the world and in the church. Praise God you were able to work through the minefields and come out on top.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Why are there minefields, I wonder?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Minefields?

There is a lot of them spiritually speaking in the denomination, watch for them and don't lose your life.

I define a SDA different than I used to but it's OK that you don't see my view. You see him as one of the denomination and I do not.

Wake up calls have been going on for years in her now and not much heed is given.

I admonish all to be overcomers as he has made the way that you may.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

Why are there minefields, I wonder?

A book that helped me understand the answer to that question is The Great Controversy Between Christ and Satan by E.G.White

I believe in Hematology.

I am a fourth-generation Adventist but left the church as a teenager and became agnostic. I am glad I left those waters and discovered the God I never knew as a child.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

:like:

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

I appreciate more and more those who grew up in the church, never left and have a strong connection with the Lord. I appreciate those who have NOT had "intense" struggles with "sin", but have just been simply "steady as she goes" Christians. I recently heard a testimony from someone like that, it left me deeply impressed.

Some of us need to drink from a bitter cup of sin to understand the love of God. Some don't need to drink as deeply. We won't even recall our worst trials in heaven, they will pale in comparison to what we find there and we will declare, "Heaven is cheap enough at any price!"

My sister always stayed at home, never traveled much, just took care of Mom and Dad well into the elderly years. I used to feel so superior and smug as I traveled all over the world and visited/worked in so many exoctic locations. Looking back, I think my sister was the one who found the true happiness in life. That steady as she goes experience. All I found was that all is vanity, money, travel, excitement does not for happiness make.

Super testimony Club. Thank you.

I believe in Hematology.