ClubAdventist is back!

SDA Principal Killed by students

Woody

Just found this and was not sure if it had been posted here:

Tragedy Hits Tennessee Adventist School

Suzette York, principal of the Memphis (Tenn.) Junior Academy was found dead in a classroom on Tuesday, Aug. 10. The 49-year old principal was allegedly killed by one of the students. The school is operated by the Kentucky-Tennessee Conference. Steve Haley, conference president says, “We are shocked and saddened over the tragedy that has befallen Suzette York. She was not only an administrator, but also a colleague, a friend and a fellow believer. We are also praying for all those impacted by this tragedy.” York came to the school as a teacher in 1996. She had been principal for the past three years. Prior to joining the Kentucky-Tennessee staff she taught for nine years in the British Columbia and Maritime Conferences in Canada.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Yes, we posted on the topic at some length when it happened.

She was known by many people in this area, as she lived here and still has family in B.C.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

That was a very sad situation, but yes Woody, it was already posted a little while ago.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

In U.S., principal at Tennessee Adventist school found dead; student, 17, in custody

10 Aug 2011, Silver Spring, Maryland, United States

Ansel Oliver/ANN

The principal of Memphis Junior Academy in the U.S. state of Tennessee was found dead this morning at the school, and police have a 17-year-old male student in custody.

Suzette York, 49, was the principal and teacher of grades 7 to 10 at Memphis Junior Academy. She was found dead at the Tennesee school today in an apparent homicide

Memphis police said that Suzette York, 49, was found dead with a fatal wound and that the student was on the scene when officers arrived.

"This is a very sad day for all of us in this community, and particularly for the Seventh-day Adventist family," said Steve Haley, president of the Kentucky-Tennessee Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, which oversees the school.

"She was not only an administrator, but also a colleague, a friend and a fellow believer," Haley said. "Our prayers are lifted on behalf of her husband as well as the staff and students at Memphis Junior Academy. We are also praying for all those impacted by this tragedy."

The school has an enrollment of 74 students in kindergarten through grades 10.

"She had tremendous love for her students," said Marvin Lowman, secretary of the Kentucky-Tennessee Conference. He said York had, along with others, lobbied the conference education board to expand the school to serve up to grade 12. The board had recently approved the move, Loman said.

"Some students wouldn't go on to other Adventist schools to complete high school. She didn't want that to keep happening," Loman said.

Counseling is being arranged for the students and staff of the school, said Haley, the conference president. A prayer vigil was held this afternoon in a nearby church. Classes are out for the rest of the week.

Haley said classes would resume "when it is appropriate."

In another news report by JESSICA HOPPER in ABC news:

Eduardo Marmolejo, 17, was arrested Wednesday after a teacher discovered Principal Suzette York's bloody body about 11:20 a.m. at Memphis Junior Academy. He was charged with first degree murder.

Marmolejo told police that he had been planning for months to kill the 49-year-old York, Memphis police said.

"He advised investigators that he did not like her and that she had made him angry. Marmolejo further advised that he knew that he was going to be alone with York which would give him the opportunity to kill her," Memphis police said in a statement.

• Members

I remember that sad death also, I also believe we had a thread on her.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Am sure this is a tough christmas for her family

Yes, I am certain it is. We should all say a special prayer for the family.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

I didn't see or discuss this hear. I saw it via regular news media. Sad situation. Perhaps that was the opportune moment for God to save that person, the woman slain, into the kingdom.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

I didn't see or discuss this hear. I saw it via regular news media. Sad situation. Perhaps that was the opportune moment for God to save that person, the woman slain, into the kingdom.

If One fully innocent was tortured and murdered for the guilty, it does not seem unreasonable to assume that some of His followers will suffer at the hands of those who follow the prince of darkness. While one can by mystified how one who has been faithful to their Master might still be open to assault, especially given the promises to the chosen, we have not been left without examples of even the greatest of God's chosen.

"John is the man to whom the Scriptures refer when they say,

‘Look, I am sending my messenger ahead of you,

and he will prepare your way before you.’

“I tell you the truth, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John the Baptist. Yet even the least person in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he is! And from the time John the Baptist began preaching until now, the Kingdom of Heaven has been forcefully advancing, and violent people are attacking it."Matthew 11:10-12 NLT

Yet we have this instruction.

"“Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell."Matthew 10:28 NLT

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Thank you Leon for you last post... happygirl.gif

Your logical build-up in explaining why we Christians suffer and are killed did a sort of comforting to my baffled mind. The answers are clearly in our New Testament to read. I was just in a fog that covered over the facts you pointed to. I just was operating in thoughts from my personal deep rooted biases, prejudices and false assumptions. The promises of protection and blessings of the Godhead to my life as a child in His kingdom were predominate in my attitude. I ignored the verses saying those who are righteous will be persecuted and killed.

The evil dark Prince of this world has indeed his agents doing his bidding's. How much more should we draw near to God to resist the evil wanting to destroy us.

Quote:
The evil dark Prince of this world has indeed his agents doing his bidding's. How much more should we draw near to God to resist the evil wanting to destroy us.

Here are a couple of web addresses that may give you some of the same comfort and info we need to help us know with certainty our Lord's care for those who seek Him.

http://www.itiswritten.com/television#episodes/1128

http://www.itiswritten.com/television#episodes/1122

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Bless-your-heart by Jesus, dear LHC,

you were a 'messenger' and flew into my life with the online links to the preaching of Shawn on the Jacob's tribulation theme. I love Shawn B. very much and can concentrate on his messages better than any of the preachers 'out-there' in the rows of Evangelists. I like his delivery and style as well as his personal appearance.

These two short it-is-written sermonettes were just full of glorifying Jesus. It contained in his messages vital guide points of understanding why we will be persecuted when the endtime comes. Nothing to fear... when we are looking firmly to Jesus as our God and worship Him we will be saved from the enemy.

Thank you for the links, btw. I am finished listening to them just now.