ClubAdventist is back!

Am curious about some here

Stan

• Administrators

I view myself as a progressive conservative, in most areas

Hummmmmm am wondering how a progressive conservative is different from a liberal conservative. duno

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Twilight II

• Stan

• Woody

• Gibs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aw come Naomi,

Back to the old paths,

Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Jer 6:17 Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.

I don't know what you would call that. I see myself as a realist. I like the statement, "We must have the truth and we must have it on every point"!

My Daddy was a stickler for the truth and imbedded it into me to search things out until I found it. Then I got hooked on this statement from Jesus.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I cherish both those underlined statements.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

• Moderators

A liberal conservative is something like a soft hard, and a progressive conservative is a hard going soft or a soft going hard, whichever is going faster at the moment.

LD

• Administrators

LD Thanks ... I think -:)

• Administrators

-:) Thanks Gibs.

Yes, John 16:13is extremely profound.

A liberal conservative is something like a soft hard, and a progressive conservative is a hard going soft or a soft going hard, whichever is going faster at the moment.

How profound.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
I like the statement, "We must have the truth and we must have it on every point"!

Each is allowed to have their own theories. But I am the total opposite to this that I can't begin to explain. Well if you had listened to any of my posts over the past 5 or 6 years whatever it has been - you would know.

IOWs - My belief is that we need to know VERY little in order to secure salvation. Most of the learning part will be done when we are in heaven.

I believe in Hematology.

You know I got to level with some here. It is unbelievable to me as to what some have come to believe. I'm just what they might call "flabbergasted" I guess.

It's something like taking all the parts of a mechanical watch hurling them into the air and as they come down funnel them into a bottle and there is your watch all assembled.

I throw up my hands in unbelief! LOL.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Quote:
I throw up my hands in unbelief! LOL

"UNbelief" is not healthy. Please expound on this. :)

I believe in Hematology.

Stan,

I like ads like the one from Sportsmans Guide, a great place to shop and save and if they pay and since SDA's are health oriented people you might check out

www.swansonvitamins.com/ another great place to shop with A1 products and a full spectrum of any thing in the health field. All the herbals you can imagine.

Most places want to spend their advertising dollar where it does them the most good.

His Blessings,

Stan,

I've noticed something you might know the answer to. When I move around here on these forums my modem goes into action and it doesn't on many others I go to.

Are you "farming" out the forums here to a service other than your own computers and hard drives? If so is that an extra expense and is it less or more expensive than having your own.

One thing I like is that it is fast and I think all might see that too if they take notice.

Just an ovservation. And if you care to respond is up to you, just asking.

So where can I donate/pay online? I've been looking for it but couldn't find it.

Dr Cabalo, there are 4 options here (It is the second from the top on the right hand side..) I move it up and down sometimes.

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/subscriptions/

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Stan,

I've noticed something you might know the answer to. When I move around here on these forums my modem goes into action and it doesn't on many others I go to.

Are you "farming" out the forums here to a service other than your own computers and hard drives? If so is that an extra expense and is it less or more expensive than having your own.

One thing I like is that it is fast and I think all might see that too if they take notice.

Just an ovservation. And if you care to respond is up to you, just asking.

oh 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

Gibs, the hosting is an external firm, I have hosted sites in my place, but it need more technical support than I could give.

There is a lot more expenses than the hosting to make something grow.

at 11-16 cents a day, it should be in most peoples reach. We have also hosted other languages for clubadventist, I think we only have spanish left foroadventista.com and we have redone sabbathforums.com etc

I really think that 11-16 pennies is day should not be out of reach to anyone who buys a computer or pays 10 times+ that for internet service.

>>>One thing I like is that it is fast and I think all might see that too if they take notice.

Those who have been here for 10 years will recall people speaking of it going so sloooooooow, we have changed servers and hosting companies several times... this one we can continue to expand. Our traffic on clubadventist alone last month was 130 gigs. SO far this month it is 40 gigs.

>>>One thing I like is that it is fast and I think all might see that too if they take notice.

Those who have been here for 10 years will recall people speaking of it going so sloooooooow, we have changed servers and hosting companies several times... this one we can continue to expand. Our traffic on clubadventist alone last month was 130 gigs. SO far this month it is 40 gigs.

With all the ads you have, traffic to and from the ad servers most likely represents a good chunk of your total traffic. I know it does for user's traffic. The number of third party tracking cookies this site asks for is off-the-charts high. It's right up there with any commercial/retail site on the web.

Basically, every time I log into this site there's another untraceable, by domain name, cookie or two asking for permission to write itself to my hard drive. As far as I'm concerned, until that kind of behavior stops there is no way I would contribute.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Joeb,

I have had two unauthorized atempts today try to look into my computer, it pays to have the best protection out there, and then some will get through, nothing is really safe on a computer.

Joeb

Why would you allow third party cookies from any site? You are not correct about the traffic.

Here are my settings for cookies.

post-2-140967452487_thumb.png

Tighten up your settings it may slow things down a bit but it is worth it. I have mine about as tight as they can be set. Some keep trying to break through but so far now all have been given the boot.

There is the unbelievable out there and not being let out that many know of the things intended to come.

Joeb

Why would you allow third party cookies from any site?

Who said I allowed the third party cookies? I said they asked for permission. I have the permissions set to always ask so that I can see what a site is attempting to do and what it allows third party sites to do, or attempt to do anyway.

To just block all third party cookies is to make some sites unusable. For instance, blocking all third party cookies kept me from being able to block my old ISP's web-based email. The third party cookie was from the company they used for virus/malware protection and wasn't anything to worry about.

It's like here. If you block all third party cookies automatically, and you use PayPal you're blocking their cookies and thus their site won't work.

Now a question for you.... Why do you allow Facebook to track all your users? It is the most comprehensive surveillance system in the world. Why be a part of it?

Alexis de Tocqueville

Joeb,

I have had two unauthorized atempts today try to look into my computer, it pays to have the best protection out there, and then some will get through, nothing is really safe on a computer.

I don't run Windows or an Apple machine, and so my exposure to malware is greatly reduced.

Alexis de Tocqueville

I don't allow third party cookies at all, and have no problem with paypal or any other site.

>>> Why do you allow Facebook to track all your users? It is the most comprehensive surveillance system in the world. Why be a part of it?

How do I allow Facebook to do that? They have no code in here.

Just want to thank all those who help out, It is so appreciated. We would like to do another facebook add campaign, that means showing this ad on adventist facebook people.

Here is what the ad looks like, there are a few other similar ones.

Will be looking for people to sponsor one day for $10. All the funds will be spend on the ads.

post-2-14096745249_thumb.png

I don't allow third party cookies at all, and have no problem with paypal or any other site.

>>> Why do you allow Facebook to track all your users? It is the most comprehensive surveillance system in the world. Why be a part of it?

How do I allow Facebook to do that? They have no code in here.

You have Facebook "like" buttons here don't you? If not, I apologize for the misunderstanding. Facebook "like" buttons track users unless the user does something like adding all Facebook domains to /etc/hosts and sending that traffic to localhost(127.0.0.1).

Here are the related domains I send down the rabbit hole to keep from having Facebook track me where ever their "like" buttons are: connect.facebook.net static.ak.connect.facebook.com.edgesuite.net static.ak.connect.facebook.com fcbkcdn.net facebook.com fb.com fbcdn.net

Google does something similar with their buttons.

Alexis de Tocqueville

God, Google and Facebook know everything we do.

Still do not see why paying 10 to 15 cents a day to help cover bandwidth and other expenses would be trumped by that. It is 10% or less of what most people pay for internet access alone per month.

AND the price of most computers would cover 20 years of Premium membership on this forum.