ClubAdventist is back!

The New or ALTERNATIVE Theology

Woody

If you think about it - from the beginning of time - the counterfeit theology or NEW theology has been Salvation by Works. ANd it remains Satan's greatest deception that he tries to spread to further his work.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Even though I agree with you about "Salvation by works," not getting us to heaven. I disagree that this is the New Theology! Even though our Salvation is because of God's grace, we are still rewarded per our works! I believe the Bible says this?

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Quote:
we are still rewarded per our works

Yes pk you are right there. We are rewarded in our present experience by doing God's will. Otherwise God would not have told us to do what He told us to do.

But they ain't worth nothin' towards getting us to heaven.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Even though I agree with you about "Salvation by works," not getting us to heaven. I disagree that this is the New Theology!

Well where I am coming from is that Salvation by Faith is the original plan from before the foundations of the Earth. ANY other plan or theology is a NEW theology or teaching which is contrary to God's original plan.

I believe in Hematology.

Woody,

What Paul gave to the Gentiles was something the Messianic Jew knew. And he then made this statement,

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Why did Paul tell them this? Because without His indwelling they would not be able to do what He told them to do when He said "go sin no more" after He forgave them of all their Present sin.

Because all can and most do fall back at least a little before they get the victory we then must come again and repent and receive pardon.

2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

He knew we would need His strength and that is what His Indwelling gives to the individual. All must be victor over sin in this life it is made very clear and EGW makes it very clear also.

The fact He says "go sin no more" says two things, 1, there is something we must do and 2, He didn't tell us to go about something He didn't enable us to do.

All we have to do is take a hold of it. That requires full repentance and surrender, no pet thing withheld and our will given to be His Will Totally. Once the house is emptied and clean He comes and dwells within unless you put Him out again and that happens too. It is not once saved always saved, we must hold fast to the end.

But is any of that galling and hard? No! Death of self is the drawback.

His indwelling is our Only Hope of Glory, His Divine Nature in us.

That is the original and only true gospel. It is repelled, rejected today.

Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

• Members

Quote:
we are still rewarded per our works

Yes pk you are right there. We are rewarded in our present experience by doing God's will. Otherwise God would not have told us to do what He told us to do.

But they ain't worth nothin' towards getting us to heaven.

thumbsup

phkrause

• Members

Well where I am coming from is that Salvation by Faith is the original plan from before the foundations of the Earth. ANY other plan or theology is a NEW theology or teaching which is contrary to God's original plan.

OK i can agree.

phkrause

In a short look it would be to look at a differnt wording for it.

"New Age Theology" or "The New Theology" of salvation which became the change in the SDA church. It had always been in the background with some but didn't get the punch of the ones set to minister it untill the last 30 years is a rough estimate.

We were a separate people not only of keeping the Sabbath before but also on salvation before this theology took over. And no it was not legalism in no way shape or form that the new theology replaced. I belive that legalism was a thing of the past in SDAdventism long before that. Few today know of the hard battle fought to stem this invasion.

It eventually led to a great pulling out by many ministers and laity.

If one checks back to the message of 1888 it pulled most out of the ditch of legalism upon the true way and then some began falling off in the opposite ditch and EGW began to see this and then she began to make these kind of statements,

"We have no hesitancy in telling you that in order to obtain the immortal inheritance and the eternal substance, you must be overcomers in this probationary life. Everything that blots and stains the soul must be removed, must be cleansed from the heart. We must know what it means to be a partaker of the divine nature, having escaped the corruptions that are in the world through lust. Are you willing to wage war against the lusts of the flesh? Are you ready to battle against the enemy of God and man? Satan is determined to enslave every soul if he can; for he is playing a desperate game to win the souls of men from Christ and eternal life. Will you permit him to steal from you the graces of the Spirit of God, and plant in you his own corrupt nature? or will you accept the great provision of salvation, and through the merits of the Infinite Sacrifice made in your behalf, become a partaker of the divine nature? God has given His only-begotten Son, that through His shame, suffering, and death, you might have glory, honor, and immortality."--Signs of the Times, June 15, 1891. {TDG 175.2}

Notice the date of that writing.

Yes there is something for men to do or He wouldn't have said "go sin no more".

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

WOODY

this is a very good statement

dgrimm60

Thanks dgrimm. Yes, it certainly does make the most sense to me.

Especially with my study of Ellen White and The Great Controversy.

I believe in Hematology.

The birds don't wait for God to drop something into their open beaks. He scatters their food, they gather, they have to work for it. And while they are working, they are singing their happy song. He has provided for them, without Him, there is no life.

Saved by faith? No question! Now get to work, singing your happy song and thanking God for all that He has provided, for your daily needs, your salvational needs, because without Him, there is no life. Without working, you will surely die.

The birds do not murmer and complain the work is to hard, the standard to high. Oh that I were like a bird, ever aspiring to come to a higher plane of understanding and working for the Lord. It is not to hard a thing to do because He commanded it we do it. "If you love Me, keep my commandmants." Simple enough...