ClubAdventist is back!

Doing good things

Stan

Have to get past the concept of doing good things is works. It is just doing good things.

Just saying'

Better to do some good things, then to do nothing.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

keep workin' at it Stan. You can do more. Work Work Work. There is always LOTS of room for improvement. smile smile.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Hey Stan - some are doing all the "good things" possible for a human being. After all "be ye therefore perfect". :)

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Quite true. When the object of the attention of the "works" is others it is in line with what Jesus taught and did.

When we are working on or for ourselves it is the type of "works" that create self-righteousness. That is quite different.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

A commonly used phrase in another religion is "We are our deeds". Now this is not a religion that believes in salvation so its not about works its about being a decent person. We are all going through this life together. Why not be known for your kindness and generousity than for nothing at all or worse for being a jerk.

But if you take it a step further than that and into say the Christian faith it stands true as well. Your deeds are the testiment of your faith. One can pump out all the "Praise Jesus" they want, argue endlessly over dogma and theology, and throw around all the dire warnings of "THE END IS NIGH" as proof of their "faith" and it is meaningless, completely meaningless IMO if they do all that in an obnoxious, self righteous and holier than thou manner. Go forth, be a great person to others, patient, caring, and thoughtfull and you will be LIVING your faith. Do good things for others and yourself and you will be proving that your faith works.

• Members

A commonly used phrase in another religion is "We are our deeds". Now this is not a religion that believes in salvation so its not about works its about being a decent person. We are all going through this life together. Why not be known for your kindness and generousity than for nothing at all or worse for being a jerk.

But if you take it a step further than that and into say the Christian faith it stands true as well. Your deeds are the testiment of your faith. One can pump out all the "Praise Jesus" they want, argue endlessly over dogma and theology, and throw around all the dire warnings of "THE END IS NIGH" as proof of their "faith" and it is meaningless, completely meaningless IMO if they do all that in an obnoxious, self righteous and holier than thou manner. Go forth, be a great person to others, patient, caring, and thoughtfull and you will be LIVING your faith. Do good things for others and yourself and you will be proving that your faith works.

Excellent point EC. That's why in the Bible it says "If you have not Love, you have nothing." Read 1 Corinthians 13

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}