ClubAdventist is back!

Object Lesson in Economics

I don't have a test of faith for my political candidates.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• Robert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I try not to accuse others of lying without proof. Something my Lord and Master said about a speck in my eye and a log in others. I can't say what Obama heard in his church because I wasn't sitting next to him or have video tape of him sitting there listening. I do know what Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh say he heard but I think they are guessing a bit.

I don't believe Obama deserves to be re-elected. A lot of people have lost their jobs, homes, cars and even ended up in bankruptcy and divorce under his watch. Today he unveiled a plan to boost tourism and one has to ask why he didn't do that three years ago. It seems to be too little too late. The big monster of job creation, the energy sector, still sits idle. All that being true, I can't say he is a bad man. That just isn't true. He is a good man. He is in over his head but he is a good man nonetheless.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I try not to accuse others of lying without proof. Something my Lord and Master said about a speck in my eye and a log in others. I can't say what Obama heard in his church because I wasn't sitting next to him or have video tape of him sitting there listening. I do know what Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh say he heard but I think they are guessing a bit.

As it would be impossible to sleep thru the screeching,I would have to assume Obama and his wife Michelle were comaotse for 20 years

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I don't believe Obama deserves to be re-elected. A lot of people have lost their jobs, homes, cars and even ended up in bankruptcy and divorce under his watch. Today he unveiled a plan to boost tourism and one has to ask why he didn't do that three years ago. It seems to be too little too late. The big monster of job creation, the energy sector, still sits idle. All that being true, I can't say he is a bad man. That just isn't true. He is a good man. He is in over his head but he is a good man nonetheless.

We all have different traits we admire in others.

I have severe reservations about a leader of our country that as a private citizen could not pass a security clearence.This is a man that would not even be allowed near the loading docks,much less as co-driver in a security load my brother hauls.

I am not sure he would be accepted if facts were known a enlistee in the military and defense he is now commander in chief of.

I would not want my sons to admire and have held up as an example someone that associates for political purposes a couple that have as their one regret,they failed to blow off more bombs.

Hopefully my sons can continue to find opportunities to help their communities without belonging to a hate filled garbage spewing theology.

We all have different traits we admire in others.

I have severe reservations about a leader of our country that as a private citizen could not pass a security clearence.This is a man that would not even be allowed near the loading docks,much less as co-driver in a security load my brother hauls.

I am not sure he would be accepted if facts were known a enlistee in the military and defense he is now commander in chief of.

I would not want my sons to admire and have held up as an example someone that associates for political purposes a couple that have as their one regret,they failed to blow off more bombs.

Hopefully my sons can continue to find opportunities to help their communities without belonging to a hate filled garbage spewing theology.

Amen!

Past actions of Newt Gingrich were dispicable.I would not want my sons to admire that.

He has taken the steps that he could and should have to atone for that.I would want my sons to respect that and know that is what he should have done and that they are not in a position to require more than God.

Many do have reservations about the pressures of the presidency

causing one to fall back into old patterns.That should not be taken lightly.

One character trait I do not ever want my sons to admire or copy in any way is to frequently ask WWJD and then follow that with LOL

Remember what you did,shouldn't have done that.

He has taken the steps that he could and should have to atone for that.

You can't atone for your sins. Come up, what's that? Who are you kidding?

All he can do is rest in Christ's finished work, but then again Catholicism doesn't teach the gospel.

[quote=Robert

Perhaps that's because you would rather believer a lie. Have it your way.

I don't think what Newt has done is all that bad.

A co-author and architect of the "Contract with America", Gingrich was at the forefront of Republican Party success in the 1994 congressional election. In 1995, Time named him "Man of the Year" for his role in ending 40 years of majority control by the Democratic Party.

During his four years as House speaker, the House enacted welfare reform, passed a capital gains tax cut in 1997, and in 1998 passed the first balanced budget since 1969. He was disciplined in January 1997 by the House of Representatives for ethics accusations, although a full hearing was avoided.

Following a poor Republican showing in the 1998 Congressional election, Gingrich resigned from the House on November 5, 1998, under pressure from his Republican colleagues. He had "been a lightning rod for controversy ever since he steered his party to the majority in 1994 and took control of the speaker's gavel."

Since resigning from the House, Gingrich has remained active in public policy debates by working as a political consultant. He founded and chaired several policy think tanks including American Solutions for Winning the Future and the Center for Health Transformation. He has written or co-authored 23 books. In May 2011, he announced his intention to seek the Republican nomination to run for the U.S. presidency.

Originally Posted By: bonnie
He has taken the steps that he could and should have to atone for that.

You can't atone for your sins. Come up, what's that? Who are you kidding?

All he can do is rest in Christ's finished work, but then again Catholicism doesn't teach the gospel.

Please take your silly putty game of stretching and twisting to someone else.How foolish can this get

Please take your silly putty game of stretching and twisting to someone else....

It is you who twist.....It's called the far right...those who play the religion card.

I don't think what Newt has done is all that bad.

He resigned his Congressional seat because the Republicans in Congress would not elect him as Speaker of the House again. He was fined $300K for ethics violations. He divorced his first wife while she was sick with cancer and divorced his second wife after she was diagnosed with MS.

What is a guy like that doing running for President?

What you're saying here is not exactly true, like you are telling it. If you are implying that any of his wives have ever died, they haven't.

No, I don't imply any of his wives have died. They just got sick. Newt has a history of divorcing his wives when they get sick and need his love and support the most.

I don't think his second wife has MS at this time nor did she ever.Great tear jerker but I think it was a condition that could possibly someday become MS.They lived apart for long stretches of time,I think once up to six years and then she claims she thought marriage was sound.

Nor was his first wife dying of cancer,wasn't it a benign uterine tumor.

Doesn't change infidelity in the least,but I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for this woman.

I would have to think his first wife has forgiven him as I believe they have family holidays together and she is certainly not the dying woman.Just as second wife does not have MS and is living on another planet if she claims a solid marriage and has six years living apart

Doesn't change infidelity in the least...

Thank you. If you liked Bill Clinton you should vote for Gingrich. Myself, I don't think we need another adulterer in the White House.

Originally Posted By: bonnie
Doesn't change infidelity in the least...

Thank you. If you liked Bill Clinton you should vote for Gingrich. Myself, I don't think we need another adulterer in the White House.

Bill Clinton was a current adulterer and president,with his past and present the same.

Have you any evidence that Newt Gingrich is a adulterer at this time

His ex-wife says he hasn't talked to her since the divorce. That doesn't sound like he has made amends. If he has had a religious experience as he claims we would see some fruit of repentance. I cannot judge the heart but I can inspect the fruit and it doesn't look good. If he had made that wrong right she wouldn't feel the need to go on network TV and air this dirty laundry.

I am just amazed the guy thought he should run for President. Rush thinks Obama has a giant ego. Obama's ego is a dwarf compared to Gingrich. Santorum pointed that out tonight. Gingrich is full of himself. Be that as it is, I am not gullible enough to get sucked into his rhetoric.

I am not so sure I would take the ex's word for it in this situation.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.