ClubAdventist is back!

I think the BIGGEST downfall the Adventist Church has had

Stan

Is claim by some to have exclusiveness with God when becoming an Adventist.

Becoming an Adventist, is a great event, but does not get you more brownie points with God but rather a lot more responsibilities.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

The attitude that "I am MORE special than you because I am an Adventist' has really hurt the work. We were to be a MOVEMENT more than we were to be a Church. We had to become a Church to organize and focus our mission.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Members

agreed and :like:

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

I was about to come and once again share my gripe of the 1923 General Conference and the refusal of the 1919 Bible Conference, but read your post Stan and I stand corrected. You hit the nail on the head.

Kevin, don't forget the 1950's "What Aventsits Believe" book either.

There are plenty of skeletons in the closet, bring them out carefully and when the time is right. Otherwise, let them rest in peace. :)

• Administrators

Quote:
Otherwise, let them rest in peace. :)

Sounds like a fine plan to me. The past is history.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Quote:
Otherwise, let them rest in peace. :)

Sounds like a fine plan to me. The past is history.

May it RIP

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Kevin, don't forget the 1950's "What Aventsits Believe" book either.

There are plenty of skeletons in the closet, bring them out carefully and when the time is right. Otherwise, let them rest in peace. :)

I think you mean "Questions on Doctrine"? The book "What Adventists believe" is from the 1990s or early 2000, where the "Adventist Theological Society" was giving the slant they wanted to the 27 fundamental beliefs, which were written in a broad way to include their beliefs as well as other major sub groups such as Maxwell, many of the Historiacl Adventists, and many of the Evangelical Adventists etc.

Questions on Doctrine was written in the 1950s. It is far from perfect, but it is not the worst book ever written. Our leaders were asked some questions they had never really thought about and thus gave weak incomplete answers, some pointed out the incompleteness of the answers, and sadly a lot of people sided 100% with either one half of the truth or 100% with the other half of the truth and throwing out the half of the truth that they did not side with. (while I say half the truth, actually from point to point the 2 sides are not exactly 50% 50%, but it is a ragged rip between them, and one point where both sides are completely wrong)

But had it not been for 1923, the two different groups would not have had the fundamentalist mentality to latch onto part of the message and to thus make it the whole message. And had it not been for our biggest mistake, we would not have felt that we have an exclusiveness with God for which side we are on, that we did not need to evaluate our beliefs.

So again, Questions on Doctrin is only a symptom of the rejection of the 1919 Bible conference and our thinking that we have some exclusiveness with God.

• 3 weeks later...

Originally Posted By: Naomi
The past is history.

The future is unknown

Right now is the present and should be accepted as a gift.

thumbsup

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

So again, Questions on Doctrine is only a symptom of the rejection of the 1919 Bible conference and our thinking that we have some exclusiveness with God.

Well; in my experience, this has been the very kind of attitude which sets up the "exclusive" atmosphere which Stan was talking about in the OP.

This was actually/is actually a great book, nothing wrong with it. But, as some others have said; maybe I had better just let this RIP...only thing is, I am trying to figure if that would be "rest in peace" or "pieces."

And I can trust"

Which begs the question....why the focus on the past, which can not be changed, rather than the future, which is changeable?

I enjoy each new day, mine to mold and shape...Awesome!!!!

How does that tie in with stans remarks, we ALL have the same opportunities, none are exclusive.

(unless you are in a prison)

peace

Which begs the question....why the focus on the past, which can not be changed, rather than the future, which is changeable?

I enjoy each new day, mine to mold and shape...Awesome!!!!

How does that tie in with stans remarks, we ALL have the same opportunities, none are exclusive.

(unless you are in a prison)

peace

We can learn much about our present and future outlook by looking into the past...

And I can trust"

• Administrators

We can learn much about our present and future outlook by looking into the past...

thumbsup

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Quote:

True, if one is looking at the past but not obsessing about it. By looking at the past and comparing it with the present, one soon realizes the 'good old days' were anything but. Learning from mistakes is good and necessary, but it should not keep us from moving forward into the future!!

I do think learning of the past is interesting, but the constant 'comparing' is rather short sighted and boring....to and for me!

peace

Believing that we, SDA's, have an inside or the only true way to God, is very past tense and the methodology of the Jewish leaders of Christs day and before, what have we learned from that?

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You don't have time to make them all yourself!"...Nuff Sed

Sure you do, just gotta try really hard bwink

"the 'good old days' were anything but"

And I can trust"

"The Lord has declared that the history of the past shall be rehearsed as we enter upon the closing work." 2 S.M.390.

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

• 1 month later...

Is claim by some to have exclusiveness with God when becoming an Adventist.

Becoming an Adventist, is a great event, but does not get you more brownie points with God but rather a lot more responsibilities.

Very true, Stan!

When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

The Narrow Way Ministires

5464 State Road

Kingsville, OH 44048

choose_the_narrow_way@yahoo.com