ClubAdventist is back!

Jesus, me and thee...

Stan

Is it just me, or is there a growing tone, that Jesus really needs to be more like me, rather than the opposite?

What happened to being born again?

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Administrators

Our Bibles tell us that God made man in His image ....

Quote:
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Gen 1:27

Definitions of image are:

noun

1. a physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible.

2. an optical counterpart or appearance of an object, as is produced by reflection from a mirror, refraction by a lens, or the passage of luminous rays through a small aperture and their reception on a surface.

3. a mental representation; idea; conception.

4. Psychology . a mental representation of something previously perceived, in the absence of the original stimulus.

5. form; appearance; semblance: We are all created in God's image.

6. counterpart; copy: That child is the image of his mother.

7. a symbol; emblem.

8. the general or public perception of a company, public figure, etc., especially as achieved by careful calculation aimed at creating widespread goodwill.

9. a type; embodiment: Red-faced and angry, he was the image of frustration.

10. a description of something in speech or writing: Keats created some of the most beautiful images in the language.

11. Rhetoric . a figure of speech, especially a metaphor or a simile.

12. an idol or representation of a deity: They knelt down before graven images.

13. Mathematics . the point or set of points in the range corresponding to a designated point in the domain of a given function.

14. Archaic . an illusion or apparition.

verb (used with object)

15. to picture or represent in the mind; imagine; conceive.

16. to make an image of; portray in sculpture, painting, etc.

17. to project (photographs, film, etc.) on a surface: Familiar scenes were imaged on the screen.

18. to reflect the likeness of; mirror.

19. to set forth in speech or writing; describe.

-------------------

That being said, I suppose I should clarify, Are you are referring to physical image or character/personality?

The old song, "More like Jesus would I be ..." was a favorite Sabbath School song. Sometimes I think the songs from my youth brain washed me; in a good way.

-----------

Additionally, I do know that ShareHim, before it became ShareHim, did an experiment and discovered that people relate to the sermons and to Jesus much more effectively if the pictures on the screen of Jesus look like them.

-------

LOL ... Stan, I forgot; what was your question? :)

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

Well, yes and no.

People can relate to the human nature of Christ, true. But there comes a point, and especially after one sits at his feet for awhile, where that gets all blown away and we just go, "Wow!!"

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 2 weeks later...

there comes a point, and especially after one sits at his feet for awhile, where that gets all blown away and we just go, "Wow!!"

Gail, I have to just go "Wow!!" at what you're saying here. I think I know all about Him and I turn a corner or a page, or wake up in His presence and just go "Wow!!" It's like I never knew anything before. Thanx

more later