Top Posters In This Topic

• olger

• bonnie

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Bravus
Who could force you to go one mile?

The text says ANYBODY.

The word compel does not always mean to "force." Otherwise, Paul's classic statement about the love of Christ introduces a malevolent breed of coercion into the Gospel.

the g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Quote:
Well - I just like having him around for other reasons. I have to confess that his politics are really messed up. But then no one is perfect.

Yes Woody - I agree.

I like having Richard around - even though his theology is messed up. rollingsmile

We pray for him ..

bwink

Quote:
Thank you....very much

No problem brother. We is concerned for you.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Obama can use Jesus to support a graduated taxing system. We have that now and have had it for many decades. However Obama cannot use Jesus teachings to support increasing taxes. To do so would be to take the divine teachings far out of context.

Did Jesus teach the rich should pay more? Yes. Do the rich pay more now? Yes. So do we need to increase taxes to comply with Christian teachings? No.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

thanks brother

I believe in Hematology.

The word compel does not always mean to "force." Otherwise, Paul's classic statement about the love of Christ introduces a malevolent breed of coercion into the Gospel.

the g

Why is it a liberal wants higher taxes and wants the government to compel him to do so. Why don't all liberals pay what they feel is a fair tax "to help the poor" etc and then give as much as conservatives of out of pocket after taxes to aid others and personal sacrifice of time.

Can they only fulfill their christian obligation with the government gun to their head?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Obama can use Jesus to support a graduated taxing system. We have that now and have had it for many decades. However Obama cannot use Jesus teachings to support increasing taxes. To do so would be to take the divine teachings far out of context.

Did Jesus teach the rich should pay more? Yes. Do the rich pay more now? Yes. So do we need to increase taxes to comply with Christian teachings? No.

But Jesus never said that the rich needed to pay higher taxes. He said that they needed to be more generous with what they had. You are inserting the gov't where Jesus never did.

Jesus said that to he who is given much, much is expected. That establishes a Christian principle. The graduated tax scale is based on that principle.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Agreed. It would be good to see a transcript.

I suspect he was using the text as an analogy, not a proof text to establish doctrine.

Truth is important

Originally Posted By: olger

the g

Why is it a liberal wants higher taxes and wants the government to compel him to do so. Why don't all liberals pay what they feel is a fair tax "to help the poor" etc and then give as much as conservatives of out of pocket after taxes to aid others and personal sacrifice of time.

Can they only fulfill their christian obligation with the government gun to their head?

I guess it must be because of innate laziness. It's all I can come up with.

Mark my words, friends.

Taxes is the new tithe.

Yes brother Og

I fear that if Obama gets his way - this will be most true.

I believe in Hematology.

Jesus did not require more or a graduated system for tithe. He did require more from the heart.Jesus never said a word about supporting a graduated government tax system

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Originally Posted By: Shane

Jesus did not require more or a graduated system for tithe. He did require more from the heart.Jesus never said a word about supporting a graduated government tax system

I believe this is correct, Bonnie.

I believe this is correct, Bonnie.

More and more taxes is simply more of a slush fund for Washington.When 1.56 is spent for every 1.00 of increased

revenue the cry for "the poor"is nothing but feel good,see how PC I am.

Until the unlikely event that Washington starts spending our money as they do their own it is simply providing them more money to throw at funding ridiculous and unnecessary targets