ClubAdventist is back!

Obama Quotes scripture to say :

Define social justice anyone? Or is that just another empty PC phrase to make oneself feel ever so righteous.

"Thank You Lord that I am not like that other guy"

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• olger

• bonnie

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't suppose you understand, that the word conservative in her day, especially regarding religion, meant something totally different than it does today. (a little research would do you some good)

Not only that, but here you are trying to make it apply to politics, and that doesn't work either.

Two thumbs down w/frown :((

do you mean that the principles that govern the Christian, don't apply in politics? Why not? Surely, the mercy that is needed in one's life is also needed within the political relm toward those oppressed by corporations who control the economy...or the bosses who lord it over the worker.....And what about the principles that eradicate the greed within a person, should those also temper the policys of those governed?

I don't understand what you mean here.....

also, please explain what EGW meant by the word "conservative" so that it doesn't mean what it means today....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted By: RLH
I don't suppose you understand, that the word conservative in her day, especially regarding religion, meant something totally different than it does today. (a little research would do you some good)

Not only that, but here you are trying to make it apply to politics, and that doesn't work either.

Two thumbs down w/frown :((

do you mean that the principles that govern the Christian, don't apply in politics? Why not? Surely, the mercy that is needed in one's life is also needed within the political relm toward those oppressed by corporations who control the economy...or the bosses who lord it over the worker.....And what about the principles that eradicate the greed within a person, should those also temper the policys of those governed?

I don't understand what you mean here.....

also, please explain what EGW meant by the word "conservative" so that it doesn't mean what it means today....

I can see why you don't understand what I mean. Anybody who believes that it's the corporations controlling the economy, instead of the other way around. You've obviously bought into the lie that corporations are "EVIL". What a backwards world view. It shows that you have no idea how things really work (in reality). You've just bought a bunch of the far left talking points is all.

As far as EGW and the word conservative goes, I don't have time to try to show you that right now. Maybe later in the day. Although it wouldn't take that much digging for you to find out on your own.

I can see why you don't understand what I mean. Anybody who believes that it's the corporations controlling the economy, instead of the other way around. You've obviously bought into the lie that corporations are "EVIL". What a backwards world view. It shows that you have no idea how things really work (in reality). You've just bought a bunch of the far left talking points is all.

As far as EGW and the word conservative goes, I don't have time to try to show you that right now. Maybe later in the day. Although it wouldn't take that much digging for you to find out on your own.

People control the economy???

I saw, within the last month, from Netflex two movies. There are two documentaries on our food sources that show that the corporations are providing cheap food that damages our environment, give less nutritious food to us than the 1970's [iOWS provide a poorer product], provide advertising that is not in keeping with the actual growing conditions [iOWS they grossly lie to us about thier product], side step current labor laws [iOWS, they give substandard wages to imported mexican workers],....and you say that I've bought into the "Corporation is evil" syndrome....Check out the movies- "Food, Inc" and "Food matters"....

And then, regarding EGW, you refuse to educate someone who has asked you to explain what you mean.....and you refused...but you want me to "dig deeper"...but provide no clues as to where to go?

I give you my sources, so that you can refute what I've learned. I'm looking for a balanced viewpoint...

I am begining to think, Richard, that unless you can show otherwise, your fears supercede your reasoning....bigtime....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw